THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1st 1500 Dark Eldar List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

1st 1500 Dark Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: 1st 1500 Dark Eldar List   1st 1500 Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06 2013, 08:32

Hello Commorragh!

I posted ages ago about using some Dark Eldar Allies, and somehow they have become my new army. It must be the awesome models, being able to win in assaults and there is just something about painting DE that's so much more satisfying than painting tanks and vendettas.

Anyway, here is my 1500 point list. This is basically every model I have. I'm interested in hearing what you have to say, especially in regards to the wargear and upgrades. Also, I've been playing against chaos marines a fair bit lately, hence the champions with power weapons.
I have 5 Wyches and 5 Kabalite models spare. And a bunch of special and heavy weapons.

HQ
-Archon, Huskblade, Soul-trap, Blaster and Shadowfield _150
-Haemonculus, Flesh Gauntlet, Stinger Pistol, Soul-trap _100

ELITES
-Incubi, 4 Incubi in Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons _153
-Trueborn, 4 Trueborn, Dracon with Venomblade, 2 Splinter Cannons in Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons _143 (Archon goes here)

TROOPS
-Kabalite Warriors, 10 Warriors with Splinter Cannon in Raider with Splinter Racks _170
-Wracks, 6 Wracks in Raider with Nightshield _130 (Haemonculus goes here)
-Wyches, 5 Wyches, Hekatrix with Agoniser, Hydra Gauntlets in Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons _155

FAST ATTACK
-Reaver Jetbikes, 6 Reavers _132
-Scourges, 5 Scourges with 2 Haywire blasters _108

HEAVY SUPPORT
-Talos, with Chain flails and twin linked splinter cannon _110
-Razorwing Jet fighter, standard _145

TOTAL _1496

I was thinking about adding in some beastmasters(razor flocks) and a ravager or 2 at some point, but I want to play with my existing models before adding more.

Thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1st 1500 Dark Eldar List   1st 1500 Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 08:22

Hehe, Dark Eldar can be quite addictive once you get the hang of them, and the model range is fantastic. Smile

Just a few suggestions no specific order:

-The archon shouldn't run with the splinter born, they are a shooting unit, he on the other hand is geared up for assault.
-Dracons are not worth investing in as again, the splinter born are a shooting unit, if they are in assault they are dead.
-Haemonculus should not be built for combat, they just aren't resilient enough and don't have the stats. That being said they can support a unit quite well with a liquifier and power axe.
-it's worth remembering incubi don't have assault grenades, so will need to be accompanied by an archon with a Phantasm grenade launcher if they want to strike at I5 when charging through cover.
-Haemies don't have fleet so any fleet unit you attach them to will lose that benefit (making their charges a lot less reliable.
-Night shields are an all or nothing investment and are a lot less effective in hybrid lists like this one (as your opponent will just shoot the models without night shields instead, unlike when everything has night shields where some units will miss out on shooting completely).
-Personally I prefer the twinlinked liquifier on the Talos over the razorflails (it's a fantastic weapon).

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
flakmonkey
Sybarite
flakmonkey

PostSubject: Re: 1st 1500 Dark Eldar List   1st 1500 Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 20:15

Thanks for the advice mushkilla.
There is something about the dark eldar models that you just can't get from guard ones. Must be the blades.
The true born squad configuration is one that was suggested to me ages ago. But it was for a allied detachment, and j haven't been using the dracon in my games.
I ended up playing a tyranid list and a dark angles list instead.
Archon was meant to run with incubi, but definitely need launcher
Haemies couldn't fight their way out of a paperbag. And my casket of flensing was horrible.
Nightshields were somewhat effective. But I think flickerfield may be more useful overall.
Reavers are awesome. Ran 6 with 2 caltrops, decimated bike squads, gaunt squads but they can't stand assaults. Will be more careful in future. And will get another 6 bikes.
Talos is a great distraction. Enemies tend to focus too much firepower on it.

I will re-write my list, post a new one soonish.

"Whereas the duty of the Imperial Commander is either to seize or defend territory, the Dark Eldar make war only to steal. If, as a by-product of this, the are able to indulge their vile passion for murder, torture and other decadent acts, then they will joyfully do so, but this is not their primary goal"
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: 1st 1500 Dark Eldar List   1st 1500 Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 10:16

Reavers can work in assault if you bump the squads up to 9 and give them a champion with venom blade. It's not that more expensive points wise than 6 with two cluster caltrops and has the same damage output for bladevaning, brings melta and is a lot more survivable. They can easilly take on shooting units in assault then (don't forget hammer of wrath).Once they get a pain token they can even handle 10 man squads of marines and grey hunters (as their AP1-2 fusillade and rapid fire splinter weapons tend to thin the herd nicely).

I have been running the configurations below for most of 6th edition:

8 reavers, 3 heatlances
1 champion, venom blade - 249

or

8 reavers, 3 blasters
1 champion, venom blade - 258

You can check out my battle reports linked in my signature if you want tips on how to get the most out of them.

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

PostSubject: Re: 1st 1500 Dark Eldar List   1st 1500 Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 11:06

Just have a few things.

Scourges: 5 w/ 2 Haywire blasters is actually 130 not 108
Razorwing Jetfighter: I would try to scrounge points for the flickerfield as it gives you an invul save of 5+ which is the same as evading, except it's an invul so yay!
Archon: If you can deal with dropping the ap2 ID weapon for an agonizer or preferably a VB you could possibly afford the launcher to run with incubi. The Incubi will have enough AP2 for him to not need it as a must have. Although, I do love my huskblade and soul trap, specially if you go around ID special characters like Belial. Better yet, drop the blaster and find another 10 points to add in the PGL.

I agree with mush on the night shields, I take them, but on EVERY unit I can. I will leave them off my CC unit transports if points are tight and just make sure those units get priority for LOS blocking terrain on deployment.

As for the Reavers, do everything mush says, I mean EVERYTHING!
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1st 1500 Dark Eldar List   1st 1500 Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 14:28

Sorry to jump in on this conversation concerning Reavers, but being new to DE myself I am trying to wrap my head around my first list as well.

How many Reaver units is feasible/wise in the common point sizes: 1500, 1750, 1850, 2000?

Mushkilla, Can you run three units comfortably at 2000? I know I want two units and I plan to arm them as you describe above, but three units sounds fun, but its it overkill/ too many eggs in one basket?
Back to top Go down
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: 1st 1500 Dark Eldar List   1st 1500 Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 14:47

Nightblade wrote:
Sorry to jump in on this conversation concerning Reavers, but being new to DE myself I am trying to wrap my head around my first list as well.

How many Reaver units is feasible/wise in the common point sizes:  1500, 1750, 1850, 2000?

Mushkilla, Can you run three units comfortably at 2000?  I know I want two units and I plan to arm them as you describe above, but three units sounds fun, but its it overkill/ too many eggs in one basket?
I'm not the Lord Reaver of Toroid Arena but I'd like to weigh in here if you'll have me. The real issue with Reavers isn't so much how you're running or even what they're doing. The real issue is how they are supported and what role they're expected to fill in your army. In this way your list supports the Reavers and the Reavers support your list.

So the answer to your question depends partly on what you like to run. A squad of 9 Reavers with heat lances/blasters can replace a Ravager, but costs more than twice as much so you're going to need to drop a Venom too. These fill similar roles, so they're good things to drop in order to put Reavers in your list.

At all the listed point sizes, I would recommend having at least 4 Troops choices so you can comfortably take objectives. You could cut one Troop at 1500, but that would be an experience thing. So start with a list with as many Reavers as you like and 4 Troops, then play some games. If you find a deficiency in any area then cut some Reavers and add other units to rectify your deficiency.

If you're playing at 2000 (double FOC?), then start with your 3 units of Reavers and 5 Troops choices then add the other stuff you like to play. I will tell you that it's feasible, but you'll find them to be more useful is some lists than others. If you post a list, we can comment on it but it's hard to say without seeing what you plan to run.
Back to top Go down
Nightblade
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1st 1500 Dark Eldar List   1st 1500 Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 14:52

Ok, thanks. It is helpful to see the train of thought of experienced players when it comes to list design. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st 1500 Dark Eldar List   1st 1500 Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st 1500 Dark Eldar List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: