THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nevar
Slave

2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection! Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection!   2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07 2013, 17:23

So I am starting up a Dark Eldar collection after being inspired by a 'Venom Spam' list I saw.  From what I understand 'Venom Spam' is considered cheesy, but I love the little models and the potential for fun conversions.  So I instead took the ideas I liked from the spammy list and added in other units I always liked.  This list is focused on speedy dakka.

-=HQ=-

Succubus ~ Electro Corrosive Whip

-=ELITES=-

Harlequin Troope ~ x9 Kisses, Shadowseer, Troope Master, x7 Harlequins 244pts

Kabalite Trueborn ~ x4 Blasterborn, Venom with Shields and Splinter Cannon 183pts

Kabalite Trueborn ~ x4 Blasterborn, Venom with Shields and Splinter Cannon 183pts

-=TROOPS=-

Kabalite Warriors ~ Blaster Warrior, x4 Warriors, Venom w/ Shields and Splinter  135pts

Kabalite Warriors ~ Blaster Warrior, x4 Warriors, Venom w/ Shields and Splinter  135pts

-=FAST ATTACK=-

Reaver Jetbikes  ~ Champion Biker, x4 Bikers, Blaster, Cluster Caltrops

-=HEAVY SUPPORT=-

Ravager

Ravager

Tantalus

Notes:  There are five venoms doing what venoms do to get blasters and dakka on target as quickly as possible while hopefully screening the Ravagers and Tantalus a bit for improved cover saves.

The jetbikers are there because I think they are awesome and have a lot of options in play, plus they have their own cover saves which allows them to screen the venoms basically creating a mobile cascading cover screen as the entire army advances.  Bikes have cover, grant cover to venoms, who grant cover to larger skimmers.  Ignores cover shooting will suck, but at least my paper vehicles will have a save of some kind, even in the open.

Finally the Tantalus.  Basically it's just an amazing model that I want to collect.  However it does provide some serious MEQ/TEQ killing firepower which will be it's primary role besides center piece for the army. On top of that it will play transport to the Harli's and Succubus moving in the center of the army toward the enemy line to provide that pressing threat. Hopefully it will draw away enough fire to let the rest of the army work.

Final Thoughts:  I feel as though I have my bases covered across the army, however I have likely failed to see something somewhere.  Other than a lower than optimal scoring unit count, any advice for a new Archon?

Anything stopping the Harlequins from boarding it and granting it Stealth and Shrouded?  From what I understand Veil of Tears is a psyker ability.  Maybe I am crazy. A Stealth + Shrouded AV12 skimmer tank moving up the center loaded with assault troops is always a popular bullet magnet.

Last edited by Nevar on Thu Aug 08 2013, 15:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
CheZZoR
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection!   2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 07 2013, 19:12

Few points for you:

3 warriors with a sybarite is pretty pointless. If the venom pops you'll most likely lose 2, possibly all 3 models in the blast so the extra points you've spent on upgrading 1 model to a sybarite is pointless. Points you could use to add a 4th blaster trueborn in to the 3 man trueborn squad. That extra blaster is much better for the points.

What are you planning on doing with the Archon? You really should consider a shadow field for him because it makes him far more survivable, without that it's an easy VP for your enemy when he slays your warlord.

I've never used or seen Harlequins being used so I can't comment on them as I don't have the stats to hand.

I'd probably try and make 2 larger squads of jetbikes rather than 3 4 man squads. You will have to take a ld check if you lose 1 model with a 4 man squad but if you increase it to 2 6 man squad you'll need to lose 2 models from the squad before you need to take a ld check. You'll also get more hits from your bladevane attacks..

Back to top Go down
Nevar
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection!   2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08 2013, 15:39

@CheZZoR: Most of your points are completely valid. The Archon is an easy VP, which will draw fire to the Venom he would have been riding in. The old plan was for him to fill in for the 'missing' Trueborn on the venom as a budget HQ. This would have attracted too much enemy fire to a fragile unit and Warlord. Easy VP's are not something I want to give up.

Also the Sybarites were a waste of points, good catch. The points helped me move around a bunch of stuff.

As to the Jetbikes, they are x3 squads of five riders, one of which is a Champion. I know this is the minimum recommended amount of members, but I feel I gain from the tactical flexibility of being able to move them independently from each other and veer off on different vectors. Especially if they are screening my three troop venoms. Three venoms with three biker teams means they can work in pairs.

@Everyone Else: I have made revision to the list taking into the advice from CheZZoR, and have moved my HQ to a Succubus to run with the Harli's instead of a lone Archon. Veil of Tears and the Tantalus should help keep her alive, plus if the Harli's can get into melee with her, they are likely to clean some clocks.

More critique is welcome, as I want the list ironed out pretty well before I start collecting the models.
Back to top Go down
CheZZoR
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection!   2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08 2013, 15:57

Nevar wrote:
@CheZZoR:  
As to the Jetbikes, they are x3 squads of five riders, one of which is a Champion.  I know this is the minimum recommended amount of members, but I feel I gain from the tactical flexibility of being able to move them independently from each other and veer off on different vectors.  Especially if they are screening my three troop venoms.  Three venoms with three biker teams means they can work in pairs.
You're right, sorry. I thought they were squads of 4 bikes, not 5. 5 should be fine, the only way you'll really know if it works is by play testing it and seeing how it does for you.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection!   2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection! I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08 2013, 16:30

I'm no expert but are electro corrosive whips any good?

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection!   2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Dark Eldar - Starting a Collection!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: