THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

So who's looking forward to Space Marines?

Go down 
+19
Obyiscus
Count Adhemar
Cavash
Darklight
Shadows Revenge
agosyb
ravenizer
ligolski
HERO
Dark_Kindred
RetroGamer1224
facelessabsalom
Azdrubael
Eldritchwarmaster84
Mushkilla
DominicJ
Mr Believer
Evil Space Elves
Sky Serpent
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

So who's looking forward to Space Marines? Empty
PostSubject: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11 2013, 18:45

I've always felt that our army was always best equipped to just kill Marines.

We can outpace them, rip their tanks apart easily with lances while if you make someone take a good handful of 3+ saves, they'll fail some.

And the grav weapons? Wounding versus armour saves? I think aside from a bit of Ghostplate on Sliscus I'll be looking forward to this new weapon: Wyches will be the best unit at taking out Centurions in close combat.

Oh and something that I feel may be overlooked: Black Templars are being rolled into the codex....

What does this mean? One less codex to release which will bring us only closer. I really think very late 2014/2015 could be our time.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11 2013, 19:23

Centurians made me think this of this immediately:
Xibit meme
I hope that they clear up the drop pod deployment mess with the new codex, otherwise it should be par for the course for us.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11 2013, 20:40

A friend and I were discussing what they could do to make tactical squads actually good, or as good as they're supposed to be. He came up with Bolter Drill - any unit with this special rule may re-roll all failed to hit rolls in overwatch. Any time you see marines portrayed they're always blazing away on full auto, so it could work. And they don't want to be assaulted, so this or something similar would make a lot of sense.

That aside, this release is not looking too bothersome. The grav guns, if that turns out to be accurate, will be hilarious for everyone on this forum. Can't see it worrying my orks too much either! Wounded on 6's and I still get my kustom force field save? Excellent...

Presumably Centurions will be essentially tougher, slower Crisis suits. Slow and Purposeful means they can't overwatch doesn't it? I cannot wait until I can assault the shootiest unit in a marine army without suffering any overwatch from them! Players will have to be really careful how they deploy them so as to prevent this happening. Obviously they might have some nasty special rule to counter that, but fingers crossed...

Wych

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 11 2013, 21:38

It'll be fun for us, it does seem like we will get an ever bigger boost as everyone swaps armour for toughness

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 11:11

Hopefully their AA is good so will reduce the number of flyers about as well as the other benefits people mentioned. It's interesting to see what happens as this book will most likely define the meta for this edition.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 12:12

Well the new centurions will be monsterous creatures
So ill be killing lots of them with splinter cannons and 4 of them! Each venom of 3
How many wounds do they have? Well doesnt matter take 17 saves buddy
Or how bout my favorite tactic Bladevaning and droping cluster caltrops and them
Force him average 21 saves down his throat ill be looking forward to them

DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR, YA LOYALIST DOGS!!!! HAIL THE RUINOUS POWERS AND FOR HORUS AND THE BLACK LEGION!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 12:21

Also they say they are getting a new vehicle from the rhino chassis called the stalker
Its an AA platform that shoots i believe modified Assault Cannons
Our codex might gain the boost of that of the eldar ( our brothers)
Oh man cant wait to see what our 6th ed dex would look like Wink
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 16:50

I will look what they will make with Raven Guard.

If all marines will have hit'n'run i will probably try them.

facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 16:57

Two new vehicles, both on rhino chassi. Rumour(and picture leaks) says that Stalker will be two three barreled and the Hunter will have a Single large cannon.

Aside from BTs gettin rolled in, I also hear that they'll make or at least try fit in every loyal ex-legion chapter into the dex with their own chapter rules etc. This means sub codexes in the new space marine dex, instead of supplements. Or a combination of both.

Obviously, those chapters that don't already have their own dex will not be included in the new marine dex...

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
RetroGamer1224
Hellion
RetroGamer1224

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 21:01

At my LGS there is about a good 60% of people whom play Space Marines. The store owner is absolutely giddy about the prospect of the new weapons and such. I don't have much of an opinion because I know too little about it.

Of course less books means a quicker time our codex comes about.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/seekingknight
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 21:26

I, for one, welcome our new Space Marine Overlords.

In all seriousness, I love crushing the dreams of the newest bully on the block.

Hellion
RetroGamer1224

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 21:29

Here is a good question. With the new codex would it be wise to go desperate allies with Marines or stick with something better?
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 02:01

I'm looking forward to killing them Very Happy

Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 18:08

So much new stuff... So much good stuff! Dream come true! I'm now definately looking forward to paint my mustard smurfs up!

I hear alot of point drops and chapter rules. This is good stuff!

Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 18:30

The rumored special traits the different chapters are getting and pretty sweet. Ultramarines (and their descendant chapters) look ridiculous from what Bell of Lost Souls was reporting. Also Centurions are 2 wound S/T 5 with a 2+ save. Grav weapons are AP2 but wound against armor so we are all set there haha! The AA tanks look pretty bamf especially the single barrel version. It's gonna be fun (yay for my marines haha)

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 19:12

Mother of the Muses... Muses help us all (link).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 19:30

gotta love faeit

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 20:04

Mushkilla wrote:
Mother of the Muses... Muses help us all (link).
Part of me just wants to hand-wave that list away while the other part of me knows how well Space Marines sell.

Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 20:10

From rumos, The stalker option, is not going to be twin linked, but going to be able to shoot at two different targets (!).

Soon 99% of ppl on vassal will play Space marines... soon...
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 20:17

ravenizer wrote:
From rumos, The stalker option, is not going to be twin linked, but going to be able to shoot at two different targets (!).

Soon 99% of ppl on vassal will play Space marines... soon...
Well, that will make beating them much more satisfying. Everyone loves an underdog.

I will say that the Black Templars look pretty cool though.

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 20:42

Anything that means I fight less Tau, is a blessing as far as I'm concerned. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
RetroGamer1224
Hellion
RetroGamer1224

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 20:49

If what Mush posted any indication how worried should I be? It looks like marines are going to be beasts.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 03:07

RetroGamer1224 wrote:
If what Mush posted any indication how worried should I be?  It looks like marines are going to be beasts.
Yeah, but at least you get cover from said beasts.

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 07:05

HERO wrote:
Yeah, but at least you get cover from said beasts.
This. Well apart from legion of the dammed who ignore cover, whirlwinds and sternguards. Still it's better than smartmissiles and markerlights.

Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 08:49

Centurions = obliterators w/o DS, altough their asssault type is alot better than mutilators... And more expensive.

Overall it is point drops just like DA and CSM, access to AA, CSM marks vs chapter rules and BTS.

I don't think SM will be buffed too much, they're just getting some balances and a few new units with little impact on the codex. But they will definately dominate in terms of numbers after september/release.

Don't fear though, I will not abandon my DE! SM allies as meatshield/heavylifters will be my plan Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So who's looking forward to Space Marines?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: