THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) Empty
PostSubject: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 07:32

So here is what I was thinking so far.

They would have good Weapon Skill and slightly worse Ballistic Skill.
They would have a slightly lower strength then their toughness.
They would have 1 wound on normal guys.
1 attack on normal guys.
Innitiative would be above average.
Leadership would be good.
They would get a decent armour save

so a troop... Let's say a Demiurg Miner would be something like WS4 BS3 S3 T4 W1 I6 A1 Ld8 Sv4+
opinions so far?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 09:14

I don't really know a great deal about the Demiurg, other than them being Squats MkII, but what would the justification be for them having an Initiative on par with DE Wyches, Genestealers, Eldar Exarchs etc?

Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 09:35

Is this as a squat revival, or as an entirely new concept for a race that has only been loosely flufffed out by GW?

If it's as a Squat revival then I'm not totally with you on the initiative value, these are short stocky guys right? Can't really see them matching a Wych in reaction time.. 3rd ed had them pegged at I2 for standard troops not rising above 5.
Other than that I feel you're spot on. Here's something (with a different name) I was knocking about with a while ago, feel free to cannibalize it for anything you feel works.

The Ferross

Basically I think of this sort of army as a very short ranged shooting/template based army with it's main AT tied up in assault elements that hit last but hit hard. Reasonable toughness and armour to allow them to slog into range, and they have some nasty surprises when they get there. As a codex it's untested and probably utterly imbalanced, but see what you think.

If however you actually mean an entirely new race without the squat influence (or with it buried so deep as to be largely unrecognizable), then I think we need some fluff to get thinking. Demiurg are ship based (like CWE right), lost their planet to Orks (or Tyranids depending) and are now sort of wandering traders loosely allied to the tau. They're invested in Ion weapons (according to some other forum) but I don't know what that would mean for general tactics. What sort of range/play style are you thinking of? That's what will ultimately dictate the army list..
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 10:32

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Demiurg - for those that wanna read about them. Right now it seems like they are Tau allies.

Indeed if you're out after Squats, here is what I know that might help:

Squats are alos loyal beings and as far as I know, loyal to the imperium. They are also very tech based race, so engineers, pilots heavy weapons etc are their stuff. In other words, they have bolters and alot of heavy vehicles. Squats based on novels I've read, "Inquisition War", they are not a warrior race but they are kinda stealthy and rouge like. So what I'ld say is:

-Have bad WS, like 3. Tech based/favoured races should not have WS. They will rely on their tech to get things done.
-Have Ok or good BS, like 3 or 4. I'ld say 3. They certainly don't train for combat, they rely on tech.
-Have ok initiative, in pair with guardsman or 1 higher, i believe guardsman have 3.
-Ld in pair of guardsman, they are no stubborn warrior etc with any pride in fightning or brave etc. BUT! Give them increase in LD if they got some leaders etc they are loyal to. A special rule for their dex I presume, like if they're allied with (either primary or secondary detach) give them overall increase in LD.

-Give them tons of access to vehicles and tech.

----

If youre talking about demiurg, I agree with ollelta. Base your fluff on what lexicanum offers and the fact that they invested in Ion weapon(tau tech!) and figure out the play style.

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 17:01

here is what I have so far.

Demiurg Miner - 7 PT/model
WS3 BS3 S3 T4 W1 I3 A1 LD5 Sv4+
Supervisor
WS3 BS4 S3 T4 W1 I4 A2 LD7 Sv4+
5-20 in a squad

WARGEAR
________
Mining Laser
Mining Drill
Miner Armour

SPECIAL ABILITIES

May Upgrade one Demiurg Miner may upgrade to a Supervisor - 6 Pts
Supervisor may exchange Mining Drill for Power Drill - 5 Pts
For every ten Miners in the squad, one may replace its Mining Laser
with a Bomb Thrower - 10 Pts or a Rock Remover - 15 Pts
The squad may take Mining Explosives- 2 Pts a model.

May take a Thunder Transport as a Dedicated Transport

Thunder Transport - 65 Pt
Front 12 Side 11 Rear 10 Bs 3
Vehicle: (Tank)
Transport Capacity - 12
Firing Points - 4

Wargear
________
Assault Laser
SearchLight

May Take Extra Armour - 10Pt
Dozer Blade - 10 PT
LOYALTY - the squad gets +1 leadership for each independent character and Special Character in the squad, they lose this bonus of the Character dies or leaves the squad.

Mining Laser - S4 AP5 Assault 1 Range: 18"
Assault Laser - S5 AP4 Assault 2 Range: 24"
Cutting Beam - S9 AP2 Heavy 1 Range: 36"
Ion Cannon - S7 AP3 Heavy 3 Range: 60"
Bomb Thrower - S6 AP3 Assault 1, Blast Range: 18"
Rock Remover - S7 AP4 Assault 1, Template

Mining Drill - S+1 AP5
Power Drill - S+3 AP2

Mining Explosives - S8 AP5 -may only be used on vehicles-
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 01:24

also for the miners, how would these - http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/stat.html orhttp://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/scruntjuves.html - look for them? Just with some weapon conversions and changes (for the drill I plan to take a las pistol and put the end of a screw on it) (and for the laser I plan to take a small circler tube of some sort and add the end of a las pistol to it)

also the other one first one might be used to make Engineers (second troop that I think I will make)
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 03:25

There is a very solid unofficial codex linked here:
Squat 6th edition codex

That codex by far captures the feel of the original list from the old RT Compendium. (I played them back in the day and have been absolutely PO'd about the army getting stolen years ago Mad  )

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 03:35

evil elf, I was talking about a demiurg codex Razz http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Demiurg#.UhOqpn4o6M8
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 03:38

I gotcha. I contend that the Demiurg are really just GW's attempt to rehab Squats after trashing realizing that they had screwed up the space dwarf idea. (Why I linked the Squat codex)

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 05:12

oh kk, I have a squat pdf, its about 50 or so pages long with about 20 or so units in it
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 07:12

Lord_Alino wrote:
also for the miners, how would these - http://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/stat.html orhttp://www.olleysarmies.co.uk/scruntjuves.html  - look for them?
Love those models!

Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 13:56

thx, it took me a while to find some good ones where most of the face (or all of it) is concealed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)   The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Demiurg Codex (wanna help get these little fellas a fan-based codex?)
Page 1 of 1