THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First real Army List since 3rd. 1500pts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JS247
Slave

First real Army List since 3rd. 1500pts Empty
PostSubject: First real Army List since 3rd. 1500pts   First real Army List since 3rd. 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 14:51

Dark Eldar (1494pts)

I haven't really played since 3rd Edition apart from the odd game of 4th and 5th so I'm not too well versed in the current rules or successful builds. Looking to get back and into it so I've got the new codex, read a few threads on this forum and given a 1500pts list a go.

The Archon rides with the Incubi for some anti-power armour cc.

The Haemonculi ride with the wyches and the 1 of the gun boats. Using their pain tokens to up the survivability of their respective squads and provide some template firepower.

The wyches role will be to tarpit the best cc unit of the enemy.

Trueborn provide fire support to the gun boats and wyches.

Basic plan is to 'flank' and pump the enemy full of splinters and dark light while picking the cc to stay out of the firing line or deny a round of shooting.

Any help/opinions/criticism  would be greatly appreciated.

1500pt Dark Eldar 6th Ed (2010) Roster (Primary Detachment)

HQ (280pts)

Archon (160pts)
Huskblade , Kabalite Armor, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Plasma Grenades, Shadow field, Soul-trap, Splinter Pistol

Haemonculus (60pts)
Close Combat Weapon, Liquifier Gun, Splinter Pistol
Haemonculus (60pts)
Close Combat Weapon, Liquifier Gun, Splinter Pistol

Elites (543pts)

Incubi (178pts)
3x Incubi
Klavex
Venom (75pts)
Flickerfield, Nightshield, Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Trueborn (195pts)
5x Trueborn
4x Blaster, Splinter Rifle
Venom (75pts)

Kabalite Trueborn (170pts)
5x Trueborn
3x Shardcarbine, 2x Splinter Cannon
Venom (75pts)

Troops (546pts)

Kabalite Warriors (200pts)
8x Kabalite Warrior
8x Splinter Rifle
Kabalite Warrior with heavy weapon
Splinter Cannon
Raider (80pts)
Dark Lance, Nightshield, Splinter Racks
Sybarite
Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors (166pts)
8x Kabalite Warrior
8x Splinter Rifle
Kabalite Warrior with assault weapon
Shredder
Raider (90pts)
Dark Lance, Nightshield, Flickerfield, Splinter Racks

Wyches (180pts)
6x Wyches
6x Plasma Grenades, 6x Splinter Pistol and Close Combat Weapon
Hekatrix
Agoniser, Plasma Grenades, Splinter Pistol
Raider (80pts)
Dark Lance, Flickerfield, Nightshield

Heavy Support (125pts)

Ravager (125pts)
Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Flickerfield, Nightshield
Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First real Army List since 3rd. 1500pts   First real Army List since 3rd. 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 17:14

In general terms of posting a list in the future try to condence (ie. don't tell us that the other warriors have splinter rifle, we already know that) If you look at the introductory page on posting from army builder it explains this better.

Now on to your army...

First of all I can't remeber if Archon comes stock with plasma grenades, but if not it is pointless to buy them if you are buying the PGL.

My next question is where is your AT. From what I see you only have the Ravager, the DLs on the Raiders, and the blasterborn (who should lose the 5 guy). This isn't a lot, so unless your meta is very vehicle light you may consider some more. you might want to swap the splinterborn for another squad of blaster born. You already have a lot of splinter weapons, and those cannons will only be getting 4 shots each if you move (which you will want to).

I don't know if you already plan to, but when you drop off the wyches you should detach the hami (giving the wyches teh pain token) and let him ride around flaming people.

You may also want to consider dropping the flickerfields if you want some more points, I know some people love them but I feel that since jink saves came in they aren't as needed (yes I realize there is a lot of ignores cover but still)
Back to top Go down
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: First real Army List since 3rd. 1500pts   First real Army List since 3rd. 1500pts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 20:48

When you get to playing, remember that Warriors can't shoot then assault. I dropped my DE in late 3rd edition and got a new army in 5th-6th and I forgot in my first game that I could assault with my Warriors anymore Sad

I say keep the PGL in because your plan is to give grenades to the Incubi. Klaivex is only good at accepting challenges for your Archon, I would drop him if it were my list. Also your Archon will probably be winning most of his challenges with those items so I don't know how often the Klaivex will be useful.

In your Blasterborn squad, drop the Trueborn with the Splinter Rifle. He won't be doing much and if the Venom gets shot down then the whole squad is going to die together. The extra T3 5+ wound won't be doing much for your survivability. I would rather see you take a Ravager than this unit.

In the Splinterborn squad, I would drop 2 Trueborn with Shardcarbines and downgrade the last Shardcarbine to a Splinter Rifle so that the Venom + squad can fire at full effectiveness at 24". I would rather see you take a Ravager than this unit.

When you deploy, put your Venoms in front of your Raiders so that the Raiders get a cover save. The Venoms get Flickerfields for free and this lets you drop the Flickerfields on your Raiders. In your first turn, you will move your Raiders which allows you to get a 5+ cover (jink) save. I wouldn't upgrade Night Shields and Splinter Racks personally. The Night Shields let you avoid minimum range rapid fire or allows the Raider to shoot its dark lance more safely from far away. The Splinter Racks are not going to be useful for long when the Raider gets shot down. I deploy my Warriors in cover and keep my Raiders far away from the fighting until it comes time to scoop up objectives.

Don't upgrade a Sybarite on your Warriors unless you plan to go into melee. Don't go into melee with Warriors Razz

Shredders are only good against hordes and against hordes you will definitely lose your transport and/or unit on the turn after firing it on account of the range. Try to free up some points to take another Warrior and give him a Splinter Cannon.

For the Wyches, either try to get a bigger squad (like 10) or go for 5 in a Venom with haywire grenades. Only upgrade the Hekatrix in a 10 man squad and only if you want a special weapon (I like the Venom Blade).

At 1500 pts, I like to take 4 Troops choices for objective scoring and 2 Ravagers to kill vehicles. You don't have to do this and your large squads might be able to manage. If you are having difficulties though, this is where I would look first when changing the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First real Army List since 3rd. 1500pts   First real Army List since 3rd. 1500pts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First real Army List since 3rd. 1500pts
Page 1 of 1