THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Guard Allies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DominicJ
Wych

Guard Allies Empty
PostSubject: Guard Allies   Guard Allies I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25 2013, 10:03

Lord Commissar
Powerfist

Platoon Command Squad (useless but there we have it), if only they could merge too.

Infantry Squad, Lascannon
x2
H/W Squad, 3 Lascannon
x2
Conscript Squad

545pts

The platoon squad can go commit suicide
The rest can mob up, so we have a 53 strong squad, with two challenge soakers, a moderate MEQ killer, 34 bullet catchers and 8 lascannon, that is unbreakable.
545pts

Or perhaps 8 autocannons for 465pts (autocannons are as good at tank busting as lascannons, except AV14, and the damage table is slightly poorer)

It cant score, but it can contest, it can put out a load of High S shots and it can tarpit for at least three phases (two sergeant challenges and then the Commissar with 10 or so rerolls on his refractor)

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Guard Allies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Allies   Guard Allies I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25 2013, 11:31

Furthermore, if your primary detachment is in a desperate alliance, units from that allied detachment are non-scoring, non-denial units. - page 112

I guess you can still block objectives with that many models (as long as you make sure they can't get within 3").

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

Guard Allies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Allies   Guard Allies I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25 2013, 14:13

NEVER COUNT OUT THE PLATOON SQUAD!!! It gives orders, orders make guard awesome! You can first rank second rank....ridiculous. Give them a bonus when they go to ground? not too shabby, you never know. And last you can make them run better. The best one is first rank second rank.

Why are you running the heavy weapons in the squad thats bunched together? (thats what it looks like to me). You should run the heavy weapons as separate squads and just leave the man pack to be full of flamers or something, no heavy weapons imo.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

Guard Allies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Allies   Guard Allies I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25 2013, 14:39

Bullet shields, you need to kill thirty dudes before you can kill the heavy weapons.
Tut, I cant even deny!

ligolski
Wych
ligolski

Guard Allies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Allies   Guard Allies I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25 2013, 14:51

I suppose so...but with subpar BS I'm not sure what those heavy weapons will accomplish in a game, but hey you never know!

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

Guard Allies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Allies   Guard Allies I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25 2013, 15:53

8 lascannon shots is 4 hits, is 4 glances on AV 10 and two on AV13
A reasonable chance on penning an AV14 (0.7) with AP2

But given they cant contest, except by physical blocking, I might be tempted to just deploy every rifleman I have!

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Guard Allies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Allies   Guard Allies I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25 2013, 19:34

DominicJ wrote:
8 lascannon shots is 4 hits, is 4 glances on AV 10
Lascannon is S9 so more than likely 4 hits = 4 pens. At least 3.

Sponsored content

Guard Allies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Allies   Guard Allies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guard Allies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Other Mercenaries & Allies
-
Jump to: