THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Poisoned Truth

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
psycheer
Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

Kabal of the Poisoned Truth Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Poisoned Truth   Kabal of the Poisoned Truth I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 02:37

Hey guys and gals!

This is my WIP for my Kabal/Cult/Coven (eventually to be) all under the same name and colors.  I am open to comments and critiques for my paint jobs and such.  (used to it I'm a Graphic Designer)  I do use tutorials and ideas from other blogs and sources and as I go I will most likely link them (to be fair they will probably be mostly EoE's anyways Wink )

I am currently changing my kabal colors  from lavender, dirty metal, and black to a white and lavender with some other color being for details (prolly black).  Hopefully with this WIP thread and your help (yes you, the reader) i can get all my models painted before the codex update in 2023. (12 years from our last codex)

My to do list:
Spoiler:

Without further ado, here is my Baron Sarthonyx conversion (before color change)
Kabal of the Poisoned Truth 2013-010

What my Kabalite Warriors look like (before color change)
Kabal of the Poisoned Truth 2013-011

Raider, New scheme (in progress)
Kabal of the Poisoned Truth 2013-015

The raider i'm freehanding the tree's onto it using this tutorial

as i get things done I will update this thread, I'm just afraid of stripping all my warriors and Wyches and starting from scratch.  :/

Last edited by psycheer on Sat Aug 31 2013, 00:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Poisoned Truth   Kabal of the Poisoned Truth I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 04:54

I am positively in love with the name of your Kabal, did you come up with it yourself? I'm resisting the temptation to steal it.

How did you do your Baron conversion? It looks like you put Raider keel blades on the back but I can't see how they're attached. Most people seem to just expand the skyboard with keel blades but I was looking into doing something similar to what you have. I want to have a plan before I start cutting plastic though.
Back to top Go down
psycheer
Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Poisoned Truth   Kabal of the Poisoned Truth I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 13:31

Thanks Fuhrmaaj!

I did come up with it after a few hours of tinkering with the word play.

My baron conversion is a hellion with 2 identical rudder blades cut down and super glued to the edges of the board. I made sure i took my time when setting out what i wanted the board to look like before i cut down the rudders.

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Poisoned Truth   Kabal of the Poisoned Truth I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 04:34

I like the raider art, your really good at free handing
Back to top Go down
psycheer
Kabalite Warrior
psycheer

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Poisoned Truth   Kabal of the Poisoned Truth I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 05:07

Here's an update on my new wyche scheme.  I'm a bit stuck if you can see anyone have any suggestions on what color I should do for the armor plates?  I was thinking silver or a dark purple.

Kabal of the Poisoned Truth 2013-016

Kabal of the Poisoned Truth 2013-017

Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Poisoned Truth   Kabal of the Poisoned Truth I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 09:14

What color change are you mentioning?

It is common to have black armour then some highlightning. Perhaps you could spice things up, go silver armour?

Not sure if you could get highlightning on the silver with other colors, could be odd. Or silver highlight on dark purple, would look weird too I think. How about a test model? :p

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Nullus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Poisoned Truth   Kabal of the Poisoned Truth I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 16:11

I think purple armour would be cool. You could go with a really dark purple with bright edge highlights or have it bright purple armour with pink edge highlights. (Just an idea for you to think about)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Poisoned Truth   Kabal of the Poisoned Truth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Poisoned Truth
Page 1 of 1