THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions Empty
PostSubject: So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions   So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 06:24

so my friend want's to start a Slaanesh themed Daemons army, so I was wondering if the Slaanesh's Ecstasy box would be a good thing to start with. (comes with 20 daemonettes, 5 seekers, 1 chariot, and the masque) I was wondering first how many points these could make and if it would be a reliable starting point for them. or should they just buy their stuff separate?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions   So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 07:39

No chariots are underwhelming unless you build an army around them which means getting a lot of them. As for the mask she's not an independent character so gets slaughtered most of the time.

Daemons are far cheaper money wise if you invest in daemon princes and greater daemons (slaanesh ones are awesome).

Hope that helps. Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions   So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 09:34

Agree with Mush on the Masque there, she is really underwhelming compared to what she used to do. In a recent game, she made my Scorpions dance, then I realised she wasn't part of a unit. So the Ravager had a go at her and turned her into a greasy smear. The Scorpions then proceeded to slaughter the nearby Plaguebearers, despite their reduced movement and weapon skill. This box sounds like your friend might end up with stuff they won't use, which is always the case with starter sets and the like. They might save you money overall, but if they're saving you money on something you didn't want/need in the first place, it's not much of a saving :/

Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions   So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 14:01

kk, thanks what about a keeper of secrets and 2 boxes of daemonettes. ( we have no daemon players here so idk what to buy for them either (yes their birthday is coming up so I wanted to get a present ready since I know they like the slaanesh stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions   So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 19:53

Daemonettes and a keeper of secret would be good (though model wise you are better off getting a Daemon Prince and converting it into a KoS, as the stock model is very old).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions   So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01 2013, 20:12

Monster Mash / Flying circus is something that works really well and is comparatively cheap to get. try daemons40k.blogspot.co.uk for a good read on flying circus and daemons in general, battle reports and sample army lists included.
Back to top Go down
Omnicide
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions   So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2013, 01:14

Great suggestion with the daemons40k blog, i checked it out and found this... think its just wha tthe op is lookin for

http://daemons40k.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/tzeentch-vs-slaanesh-princes-nurgle-too.html#more

looks like itd be a lot of fun to run, i just dont understand flyers and think itd be too confusing for me Razz
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions   So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2013, 03:52

alright, thanks for all the help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions   So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So, help with some daemon slaanesh questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: