THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!

Go down 
+3
Silverglade
Irakunar Thrax
Laughingcarp
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2013, 09:27

My first post on the vaunted Dark City forums. Just picked up my DE army yesterday, am looking to learn everything I can. I have proxied two games before; one Carnival of Pain vs DA (loss) and one poison dakka vs Chaos Daemons (win).

HQ - Duke Sliscus - 150

Troops - Kabalite Warriors x10, Splinter Cannon, Raider w/FF & SRacks - 180
Kabalite Warriors x9, Raider w/FF & SRacks - 161
Wyches x5, Haywire, Venom w/SC - 125

Elites - Incubi x10, Klaivex w/Onslaught, Raider w/FF & Shock Prow - 325

Fast Attack - Reaver Jetbikes x10, Champion, Blaster x3 - 275
Hellions x9, Helliarch w/stun claw - 159

Heavy Support - Ravager w/FF & NS - 125

Duke goes with the 9 Warriors.
Do the raiders need the FF, considering they'll have Jink? Are 10 Incubi worth the points? I know Jetbikes are generally well regarded, and Hellions less so, but I love the hellion models.
Please let me know what you experts think!
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2013, 10:49

I like night shields on raiders and not flickerfields.

Mostly because it's easier to avoid small arms fire from bolters and the like.
At least on the kabalites raiders. 10 incubi is sort of over the top i'd say as they kinda become overly killy And mmight end up in the open after winning the assault.

Those are some thoughts i have at least.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03 2013, 22:32

My argument in favour of FF vs NS is that the raiders need to get close to let the kava life warriors fire, whereas with NS you tend to want to keep your distance.

Would you say dropping the Incubi down to 5 is a better choice? My worry would be them dying on the way in. And what to use those points on?

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2013, 02:45

Drop one of your reavers. 9 is the optimal number.

up to you on the incubi. 5 could get eaten up to fire, but I agree with Irakunar, the risk is overkilling.

Maybe split the difference and do 7 or so.

Use the extra points to buy the baron too.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2013, 05:54

Dropping some Incubi in favour of the baron sounds pretty solid.

Why 9 reavers? With 10, they've gotta gun down 3 before I need to make a LD test, instead of 2. Plus more bodies protecting the blasters.
And that's the other question; blasters vs heat lances?

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2013, 09:58

9 is the same three down before LD-check.

I'd take Blasters as 18" + 2D6 get you more easily to safety than 9"+ 2D6 with heathlances when shooting a vehicle. Against T value Blasters are always better.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04 2013, 15:50

I prefer heat lances. Mainly becouse Heat lance has way better chance to blowup vehicle than blasters, and with melta range they have still 21" threat range, or when coming from reserves (on vanguard type or map it's realy easy to catch your opponent off guard with that).

Actualy, it may sound funny but 10 incubi + onslaught will have easier time dying than 5 incubi without it ;)Reason behind that is when you charge, you want to stay in combat. with the least ammount of enemies, and to get out of combat on your own turn. With 10 incubi, you'll just overrun, and set yourself into the open to be shot to pieces.

Do the raiders need FF? I'd say they don't need anything. In my games they are empty 90% of the time, becouse even 5+ won't matter that much vs multiple High S shots (autocannons / broadsides / firewarriors  etc). Don't get me wrong, 5+ is good, but it's a bit too much to ask your raider for, if you want the insides to be safe. If you want to run splinteracks its fine, but this is another playstyle. And with it, you will want to get as close as possible, so nightshields may be better lifesaver due to reducing this meltarange to 3", or bolter rapid to 9" instead of 12, and suddenly, it's better to reduce ammount of shots on the raider rather than giving him 5+ inv. But there are as many opinions, as many ppl, so this is just mine.

If you want to run hellions, than consider baron. They are that much better with him.
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 12:27

I would drop to about 7 Incubi and drop Onslaught. If you're going to use Hellions you probably want 15 with the Baron, but that would be two HQs in only 1500pts. Great force multiplier HQs, but it's a fair few points regardless. I would try to work in another Haywire Wych Venom squad, if only for more scoring with a nice shooty kick.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 07:11

So one less reaver, and I'm kinda thinking of dropping the Incubi altogether. They don't mesh very well with the rest of the list, and they eat up a loooooot of points.
Mucking about gives me this;

Baron Sathonyx,
2x 10 Warriors with SC in Raider with SR & NS
2x Haywitches in 2xSC Venoms
15x Hellions with Helliarch stun claw
9x Jetbikes with blasters, champion
2x Ravager w/ NS & FF
total 1489 points.

The hellions don't really need the helliarch w/claw, hey? Another serious concern is I've only got 1 venom and 1 ravager model, and 10 hellions. And not really the scratch to buy more.
What to do?
List of available models is here: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t7704-bought-my-army-yesterday-did-i-get-a-good-deal
Can I make something workable out of that? If I had <100$ to spend extra, what should/could I add?
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 09:59

Use another raider as proxying ravager if its not a problem. Playtest it before you buy anything. In my LGS for testing we don't mind even paper circles or cut out 2D vehicles ;)It would suck, that hellions would suck for you, and you would buy more of them.

So try to proxy as much as you can, for like lets say at least 10 games, becouse list by itself looks pretty solid. Most ppl would prefer agonizer on heliarch, but I like stunclaw for giggles. And yeah helliarch is nice by himself to accept unwanted challanges (if you have to).
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 10:26

Google "Papercraft Dark Eldar Venom"; when I started DE last year I printed out and glued together 5 of them, it took me an evening, and cost nothing but 5 sheets of A4 card and some ink.
I have since bought 3 official ones, as that is enough for my needs, which I only found out by playtesting!
The Papaercraft ones give a much better proxy than a Coke can or a flat cutout.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2013, 06:23

I've seen the papercraft ones, thought about that.
Proxying is what got me started on this army in the first place, my buddies are definitely always good to let people proxy. So that's gonna happen for sure.
That being said... I caved and bought a second Venom and a Talos/Cronos today. Somebody please take my wallet away Mad 

I've proxied the Cronos twice and been happy with the results, so thought about one of those. That being said... I don't think I have space in this list at all. Plus it won't be able to keep up.

So those Mandrakes I've got I'm figuring on proxying as Wracks, since I've yet to see more than one person advocate their use as-is.

As for the list I just posted, doesn't it seem like a bit MUCH anti-tank? Or is that even a thing?

EDIT: After reading this thread ( http://www.thedarkcity.net/t7158-splinter-racks-and-related-questions ) I'm considering removing the racks and shields from the Kabbie Raiders, and adding a Haemonculus to give probably the Hellions a free pain token.
Worth it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!   1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Dark Eldar, Duke, C&C please!
Page 1 of 1