THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Elves rumoured for October

Go down 
+12
John M
Mngwa
Devilogical
Sky Serpent
commandersasha
darkmark
Host Tar
Siticus the Ancient
Dogmar
RetroGamer1224
Evil Space Elves
Gobsmakked
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Dark Elves rumoured for October Empty
PostSubject: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 09:27

Bloodbrides anyone?

There hasn't been anything new for Dark Eldar for a long time now, but we may very well get some new goodies from our WFB analogue if their rumoured October release comes to fruition.

Here are the latest rumours from 40K Radio, via Kroothawk at Dakka:

40K Radio wrote:
NEW RUMORS for Warhammer Fantasy! My "source" has sent me pictures of the new Dark Elf release. The Dark Elves will be out in October with a slew of new models:

1) NEW Plastic Dark Elf Warrior Box(Makes Spearmen, swordsmen, & crossbowmen)
2) NEW PLastic Dark Riders/Warlocks
3) NEW Plastic Blackguard/Executioners
4) NEW Plastic Coldone Chariot/Scroungerunner(Pulled by horses)
5) NEW Plastic Cauldron of Blood/Blood Throne(This model is AMAZING)
6) NEW Plastic Hydra/Kraken
7) NEW Plastic Witch Elf box

This will be a huge release and the Dark Elves will be the best looking Fantasy army, IMHO. These models are breathe taking and Dark Elf fans will have their minds blown!
Sounds like they might mirror the Dark Eldar release of 3 years ago.  We'll see soon enough.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Fri Sep 06 2013, 03:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 13:59

If true-OH MY WORD Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
RetroGamer1224
Hellion
RetroGamer1224

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 14:59

I must say I hope it Is true. I could get into fantasy with this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/seekingknight
Dogmar
Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 15:12

If that's true I need to get rid of my old Dark Elves fast Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 16:34

Oh boy, so much spiky bitz to plunder! Poor Dark Elves are in a dire need of new models - most of their stuff that wasn't updated with their previous book is absolutely awful. I doubt it'll convince me to play them, but it will definitely make my Dark Eldar force all the more shinier.

Host Tar
Slave
Host Tar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 17:55

A well deserved release! It's been so long Sad
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 14:36

The pics are out, and its time to break open your piggy banks. Wyche cult heaven! Ka-boom.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 19:52

darkmark wrote:
The pics are out, and its time to break open your piggy banks. Wyche cult heaven! Ka-boom.
I'm scraping my head off the wall after seeing those pics Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
They even re-did the spearmen cheers 
The shrine thingy....hydra....wyche elves....EVERYTHING:twisted: Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 21:02

http://loserstudio.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/new-dark-elves-2013-leaked-pictures.html
I think I still prefer the Raging Heroes models.
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 21:15

And you've only seen half and it ESE. flower 

I was sold at the WE with whips bit, but the whole Immortals' vibe is ace.

What I'm really, really bummed about is the blatant use of just 2x 5 base models for the Sisters and Witches. The poses are going to look very samey past the first box. For the jacked up price that's not acceptable I feel. Its bad business to have such an expensive kit with so little repurchase value. Kit bashing with Wyches may be essential to bring variety and the average cost per model down.

I'm on the fence with the Kermit-sock-puppet-Rocky-Horror-hydra. Its OK. The handlers are quite weak so from what I can see. The other thingy is just weird, so no further thoughts yet.

The core looks solid, and that's the most important thing for me.

I'd hoped to avoid the leaks till Saturday, but came across the shinies by mistake. Nedermind. Gives me plenty to think about.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 22:14

Well, it seems I will have to make Wyches work somehow... those Witch Elves look fantastic! Also, that statue of Khaine... Might make a neat Avatar.

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 22:39

I'm going to throw in my own mini review of the models from a Commorrite aspect...

Dreadspears
The old fashioned warriors with a new, trademarkable name. They're a throwback to an old design and not really to my tastes but they do what they do - decent rank and file models. Nothing amazing here and no conversion opportunities or bits to harvest in my view...

Shadowblade
He's nice, decent. Not too much to say, not really sure how he'd fit in with a Dark Eldar army although I'd like to see him in the flesh - that cloak just screams obscene colours and freehanding to me.

War Hydra/Kharidbyss
I'm going to sling these together in one. Monster wise I think the Kharidbyss (try spelling that without looking it up first) is the nicer of the two as I find the Hydra heads a bit too goofy. Going forward the handlers are an opportunity for some, give them a splinter rifle and add them to an eclectic bunch of Kabalites or mount them on skyboards and herd some Khymerae? I think they're interesting but perhaps not worth the money bits ordering.

Witch Elves/Sisters of Slaughter
Well now. Well. Let's ignore the price (best in another thread) and the fact there are only five poses (easily fixable with some small conversion work). These are phenomenal. I really think I will be redoing my Wyches by using these which feels sad but I can't pass these up. Rather than the cyber punk look of the Wyches, these really look like athletic, lean, mean gladiators. If you want to keep your Wyches but wanted to add some Blood Brides then look no further than these.
Outstanding.

Bloodwrack Shrine/Cauldron of Blood
Oh.
My.
Khaine.
Phenomenal. This is what any centrepiece should aspire to be like. I love it.
Commorite ideas: If you're into the idea of a Dark Eldar Avatar then I think you've found a new friend - I'll be using it painted in obsidian and covered in vines as an objective marker.
Medusa - She'll be converted into some form of statue again, maybe painted gold as the relic? I love her left arm which wouldn't look out of place on any Archon as a nod to an old school agoniser.
Did we talk about lack of poses for the Witch Elves? You've just got three more...

I'd say this is a fantastic release for us and should inspire many the convertor. I'm looking forward to the Black Guard/Executioners which are apparently due next month - Trueborn? We'll see...

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 00:56

The Witch Elves/Sisters of Slaughter are excellent, even if some of the posing is a bit OTT I can't help but feel. They are the only part of this release that interests me at all - plus the three from the Cauldron (four? the character from the Cauldron has two distinct forms), however the cost will loom large. The lack of variety will, too, but to a lesser degree.

I am also excited to see the forthcoming Blackguard/Executioners. Supposedly, the codex contains all new units, so we won't have to wait until late October to see pics of them. They should start to pop up quite soon.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 15:09

Already counting the money i need for this... Smile 

This one some real cool release. And what about their background? should be interesting...
Back to top Go down
RetroGamer1224
Hellion
RetroGamer1224

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 15:13

Loving the models a lot but more then willing to wait and not jump on new models yet. Anyone know of other hyrda heads that can be used instead of what comes with?
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 15:19

RetroGamer1224 wrote:
Loving the models a lot but more then willing to wait and not jump on new models yet.  Anyone know of other hyrda heads that can be used instead of what comes with?
if you had some kindd of snake heads, why not?
Back to top Go down
RetroGamer1224
Hellion
RetroGamer1224

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 15:24

Going to have to look through some other sites and their minis. Ty. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
darkmark
Kabalite Warrior
darkmark

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 17:23

For alternative hydras try Mierce Miniatures, or Reaper's Bare Bones offerings. I think FW even have a sea creature monster that would be a solid counts-as.

I think the Rich-Elves Laughing  are the best source of conversion material so far. I'd guess the next wave with the new Warlocks, think Mandrakes one horses, will be the next kit to raid from.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 17:52

The Sisters of Slaughter look neat for BloodBrides, but i'm probably not going to invest in any of them. Unless if GW soon releases a new Dark Eldar codex and says "no bloodbride models, but go ahead and buy those dark elves, they look a bit like them, dont they?" scratch 

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
John M

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27 2013, 18:59

the new models look good, not convinced by the hydra variant though
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28 2013, 15:51

As soon as I saw the Alter of Khaine I immideitly thought "There is my Dark Eldar Avatar!"

I like the whole new range alot, the Wyches are a bit pricey I feel (even for GW) and if they were cheaper I'd buy a few boxes to kitbash with Dark Eldar Wyches
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28 2013, 19:53

Well, I really want that statue of Khaine for an Avatar now. The Witch elves also look amazing, if very pricy. I will probably cave in and buy them anyway. Also, the Shadowblade would make for one hell of a male counts-as-Succubus/Lelith. The pose is absolutely amazing, though I do wonder how stable the model is.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28 2013, 20:09

In all honesty, the only way that I can justify paying $60USD for 10 Witch elves is by telling myself that I will be using all of the spare parts on Bloodbride conversions. I fully plan on making a Dark Elves army, but seriously doubt I'll be dropping that kind of cash to make full units of 20+. (I really wanted to go with a corsair theme anyways!)

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 07:45

The first pics from the new DE codex have appeared, clearly illustrating the 2nd-wave releases.

The Black Ark Fleetmaster with the peg-leg made from a sword is kind of ..... goofy. But the Black Guard/Executioners look great. The Executioners especially would make an excellent alternative for Incubi, and yes, even Trueborn. These would tempt me, ......... maybe, ........ at US prices.

Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01 2013, 09:38

and what about their special rules?

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Elves rumoured for October   Dark Elves rumoured for October I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Elves rumoured for October
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: