THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Pirate Themed List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Grandmaster_C
Slave
Grandmaster_C

2000pt Pirate Themed List Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Pirate Themed List   2000pt Pirate Themed List I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06 2013, 23:00

HQ:

Commander Am'lett (AKA Duke Sliscus) - 150pts (Joining the Trueborn in the Raider)

Elites:

Kabalite Trueborn x4, x4 Blasters, Venom w/ Splinter Cannon & Night shields - 183pts

Kabalite Trueborn x9, x7 Shardcarbines, x2 Splinter Cannons, Raider w/ Night Shields, Flickerfield, Dark Lance - 243pts

Troops:

Kabalite Warriors x10, 1x Splinter Cannon, Raider w/ Night Shields, Flickerfield, Splinter Racks & Dark Lance - 190pts

Kabalite Warriors x10, 1x Splinter Cannon, Raider w/ Night Shields, Flickerfield, Splinter Racks & Dark Lance - 190pts

Wyches x 10, 2x Shardnet & Impaler, Hekatrix w/ Venom Blade & Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Raider w/ Night Shields, Flickerfield, Splinter Racks & Dark Lance - 235pts

Wyches x 10, 2x Shardnet & Impaler, Hekatrix w/ Venom Blade & Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Raider w/ Night Shields, Flickerfield, Splinter Racks & Dark Lance - 235pts

Fast Attack:

Reavers x6, 2x Cluster Caltrops, 2x Blasters - 202pts

Heavy Support:

Razorwing Jetfighter, Flickerfield, Night Shields, Splinter Cannon, Dark Lance, 4x Monoscythe Missiles - 175pts

Razorwing Jetfighter, Flickerfield, Night Shields, Splinter Cannon, Dark Lance, 4x Monoscythe Missiles - 175pts

Total: 1993pts

Pirate themed wych/kabalite army with Sliscus in command.

Wins: 1, Losses: 1, Draws: 0
Back to top Go down
Stwess
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pirate Themed List   2000pt Pirate Themed List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2013, 11:34

Hmm just a couple of things I notice.

Why have the splinter racks on the Wych raiders? And though more a personal thing I think having both FF and NS is totalling up far too many points on upgrades for your raiders, if I were you I'd stick to one or the other (or personally neither).

Also might be worth considering that Splinter Racks don't affect your splinter cannons on the warriors, now for the sake of one model this might not be a big deal, but it is worth noting.

On the bikes I think you are also overspending on upgrades, caltrops or blasters is fine, both I think is overdoing it and making it a very expensive 6 man unit.

Overall I actually quite like the list, especially since it actually has some combat presence which (whilst not necessarily needed) makes the list more fun to play and play against. I just think it could do with some streamlining, trimming the extra fat (points) off from places they perhaps don't need to be spent.

St
Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pirate Themed List   2000pt Pirate Themed List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2013, 17:32

Possibly a bit light on AT for 2000pts? - depends on what you are going to come up against of course. As Stwess suggests, you might want to trim a few upgrades to save some points and I'd spend them on a Ravager.

Out of curiosity, what makes it Pirate themed? Will we see that with the paint/modelling scheme? - I'm interested in your thoughts as I painted a "pirate" Raider on a whim.

Slave
Grandmaster_C

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pirate Themed List   2000pt Pirate Themed List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2013, 18:37

Skyboard surfer wrote:
Out of curiosity, what makes it Pirate themed? Will we see that with the paint/modelling scheme? - I'm interested in your thoughts as I painted a "pirate" Raider on a whim.
That would be with the modelling.
The idea is to have a few ships kitbashed from raiders, pirate ship bits i've got lying about and ships from dreadfleet.
Modelling the Dark Lance on the raider/ravager to look like a swivel gun, while still looking like a Dark Lance and with the Ravager the side armaments will be looking like cannons.

The Venoms will be piratified in a suitable manner.

Pirate hats, capes, jackets, flintlock pistols and cutlasses will be tossed into the models.

Flintlocks and Cutlasses for the Wyches.

Modified Splinter Rifles to look like muskets.

That kind of stuff.

Back to top Go down
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pirate Themed List   2000pt Pirate Themed List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2013, 19:41

Sounds fun, I look forward to seeing the results Cool 

Black Cat Bases have some useful bits:

http://blackcatbases.com/

I got a parrot and some lanterns from them. And Artesania Latina do some fabulous bits for modelling ships, I got a capstan and ship's wheel from their range (from a hobby shop but I'm sure they'll have a website).

Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pirate Themed List   2000pt Pirate Themed List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2013, 22:22

Ooh, thanks for the Black Cat link, my pirate girls will have some of those bits!
To the OP: I'd be worried that this list is very expensive: lots of upgrades on fragile models.
Sliscus' boat is 393 points: First turn every gun in your opponent's army is going to be trying to burn it, and when it pops you lose half those models, or risk Sliscus' field.
Sliscus' splinter buff is good enough on Warriors; on Shardcarbines it's overkill, and your opponent will know it.
I love my Wyches, but they are only really good at Haywire, and you don't need 10; they don't survive intense shooting, and they don't win combats.

If you have the models, take more; if not, play at a lower point level. Tooled up DEldar die just as quickly as naked ones!

That's just my 2 cents though!
Back to top Go down
Stwess
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pirate Themed List   2000pt Pirate Themed List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2013, 23:50

I agree Sliscus' boat is heavy on points but it looks to be his 'iconic' unit, which isn't bad thing if he is doing a thematic list and isn't going for purely optimal units.

I think the wyches could do a job as 10man units in this list, yes 5 man haywires are optimal for tank hunting but he may wish to shy away from that approach with them, especially since all his other boats have NS I am assuming he plans to sit back a little rather than charge head on. I would also argue that wyches aren't meant to win combats, or at least not most of them, I look at them more as a tar pit unit, which is useful to have in a shooty list. Having said that, ensuring they get an early pain token will be vital, perhaps a heamonculus or two would not go amiss (I'm thinking veteran pirates who have spent a little too long at sea!).
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster_C
Slave
Grandmaster_C

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pirate Themed List   2000pt Pirate Themed List I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07 2013, 23:53

Peg-legged Haemonculi could be a thing.
Depends really, other than the token what would be the benefit of taking them?

And yes, the boat full of Trueborn is the flagship, 'The Web Serpent'

Back to top Go down
agosyb
Hellion
agosyb

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pirate Themed List   2000pt Pirate Themed List I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 09:19

I support space pirates in any form Very Happy Would like to see this list against some freebootaz or eldritch raiders.

Just some things, you may consider dropping the racks and flickerfields on your wych raiders and throwing haywire grenades on the unit, just for some dual-role. I could see why you would want the racks in case your warriors abscond with their raider. You might also free up some points dropping the night shields and/or splinter cannons on the razorwing. Unless you're hunting FMCs I actually don't tend to use the cannons on mine very much and you have to get pretty trickity imo to use ff to the max with flyers. Even though its possible, I have yet to have a vehicle glanced to death with bolter shots. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Back to top Go down
Grandmaster_C
Slave
Grandmaster_C

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pirate Themed List   2000pt Pirate Themed List I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 10:38

I have a friend who plays Necrons, I have been gauss'd to death before.
Splinter Cannon is on there so that it can deal with infantry, otherwise it has a pair of splinter rifles which are a bit bad when for a small amount of points you can get off way more shots.

Also, how would i fit a Haemonculus into a 10 man/woman wych squad in a Raider?
To give the wyches the pain token that is?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Pirate Themed List   2000pt Pirate Themed List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Pirate Themed List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: