THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cityfight Dark Eldar advice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeathGlam
Hellion

Cityfight Dark Eldar advice Empty
PostSubject: Cityfight Dark Eldar advice   Cityfight Dark Eldar advice I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 14:47

So im still a newbie to Dark Eldar, not played 40k in a few months but looking to get back with a Cityfight campaign a guy in my area is running starting at 1000pts, it won't be uber competative but want to make sure i don't take something completely useless in that style of campaign, so here is what i own:

HQ can be whatever people suggest as im probably gonna convert special models up.(SC are not allowed)

20 Wych models that i ran in Venoms in my last series of games but coould be convinced to get a couple of boxes Kabalite Warriors but really can't afford and don't have the storage space to get Raiders right now.

8 Harlequins

5 Grotesques

9 Reavers

2 Pain Engines

Razorwing

Im open to buying a few more bits but ideally make my starting force from this list except for if people think KW in Venoms would be better then the Wyches?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as have never played cityfight before.

Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Cityfight Dark Eldar advice   Cityfight Dark Eldar advice I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 15:12

Although we don't use the official Cities expansion rules (4th edition anyway), we often play on a dense Terraclips city (I love my Terraclips!).
With little room for big footprint models, good infantry own city games, and DE have great infantry!
My Wyches kick ass in a way that they rarely do on a conventional open table; fleeting down back alleys for a turn or two, before rounding a corner and assaulting, having lost no girls to shooting as they crossed the board!
Reavers are insanely good, hopping from blocked LoS to blocked LoS positions, via bladevanes and caltrops fun!
Long range guns lose their effectiveness, so heat lances start to become better options than dark light; if you're creeping round a building, then getting a point blank range shot at that tank, may as well take the Melta bonus!
I expect 1,000 in a city will be a 4'x4'; This means that our MCs will also get to fight before being lascannoned; Hulk Smash!

City games bring all the fun I used to have in 40K back to the fore: strategic use of troops, instead of the over-powered meta that has spoilt the game for me.  Hope you have a ball!

Last edited by commandersasha on Sun Sep 08 2013, 15:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Cityfight Dark Eldar advice   Cityfight Dark Eldar advice I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 15:16

I havent really played any cityfight either (or a lot of 40k in general), but if there is going to be a lot of buildings and ruins, harlequins could do quite well with their special rules!
Pain engines could also work, but they probably wouldnt get any targets easily?
Skimmers can get around easily since they can move a bit like fliers, and im pretty sure they can get in good positions to fire.
Dont really know of the grots, they would probably need a transport, since they dont even have fleet.

EDIT: I dont have terraclips but I have heard of them, they look great Very Happy

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Cityfight Dark Eldar advice   Cityfight Dark Eldar advice I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 15:40

You're probably best of using the pain engines as Taloi; getting LoS to enemies AND friends may be tough, whereas trundling round the corner with flamers is very cityfight!

I run a tooled-up Archon with Grots anyway, and she OWNS cities; small tables means her Soul trap gets filled at least once, sometimes twice! Grots, with their large footprints, help block alleyways, enabling me to control assault placement, limit overwatch casualties, and avoid beding assaulted whilst engaged.

Leave the fliers at home, they'll be very limited usefulness.
Back to top Go down
DeathGlam
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Cityfight Dark Eldar advice   Cityfight Dark Eldar advice I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 15:55

Cool thanks guys, appreciate the advice, at the moment looks like i will be up against 5 other players, Space Wolves, Normal Marines, Imperial Guard, Orks and a Nidzilla army, really looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
GwionB
Hellion
GwionB

PostSubject: Re: Cityfight Dark Eldar advice   Cityfight Dark Eldar advice I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29 2013, 15:24

I was just thinking the potential ownage that a DE army could bring to a cityfight environment with the massive skimmer style movement, and huge LoS blockage compensating the paper tanks plus throw in the damage from wyches and bladevanes and heatlances and liquifiers and... Twisted Evil Did a cursory check and I'm glad to have my suspicions confirmed Smile awesome, cheers dudes. Might suggest it for the next showdown

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cityfight Dark Eldar advice   Cityfight Dark Eldar advice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cityfight Dark Eldar advice
Page 1 of 1