THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?

Go down 
+18
Ciirian
agosyb
cheapbuster
Gherma
greater_fishy
Devilish
darthken239
Crazy_Irish
Black Death
Thor665
Taffy10
Count Adhemar
Sky Serpent
Evil Space Elves
Skyboard surfer
spellcheck2001
DominicJ
Mngwa
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best looking DE vehicle?
Venom
The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? Voteba1316%The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? Voteba15
 16% [ 9 ]
Raider/Ravager
The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? Voteba1359%The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? Voteba15
 59% [ 34 ]
Razorwing
The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? Voteba1325%The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? Voteba15
 25% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 58

AuthorMessage
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? Empty
PostSubject: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 15:22

I just thought for a bit and I decided that I just love the way the venoms look! So, stats and point-efficiency aside, which one has the sweetest model?
We dont have that much different vehicles, and ravagers look just like raiders, but I thought to ask this anyway.

Also, do any elderly archons out there think that the previous raiders looked better than the new ones? (Dont have any of those, but I have seen a few pictures)

THE CULT OF THE BURNING LEAF

THE COVEN OF THE HOLLOWED
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 15:30

The venom, its the reason I play DEldar

spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 16:05

Venom for sure. I personally hate the old dark eldar range and vehicles so think the new stuff is much improved

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 16:19

They are all terrific looking but if you force me then I have to say it's the Raider/Ravager - just love that sail and the whole sailing ship aesthetic...

Not in love with the old range of models but I've seen some nice conversions to update them (I've used a couple of old Reavers with new fins etc. that work quite well.)

Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 17:29

Raider/Ravager: Blistering fast flying sailboat FTW! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 18:05

The Raider is my favourite vehicle kit in 40k and in my top 5 overall models...

I'd have diversified the poll a bit more, split the Raider and Ravager up and add the Tantalus, Reaper and Raven.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 18:21

I didnt really think of adding forgeworld models Suspect
And since the raider and ravager are almost exactly alike, I thought to keep them together!

Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 21:09

The Venom is a slightly over sized jet bike that carries 5 naked chicks.
Its wins, everything, always.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 22:08

For me, definitely the Venom. Love the sleek curves and the small size.

Taffy10
Hellion
Taffy10

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08 2013, 23:19

My fav has to be the razorwing, Just love the sleek design of it even with missiles it still looks good

(shame I hardly ever use mine)

Its all about the pleasure of watching your opponents prized asset crumble to dust..... The look on their face is priceless lol!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09 2013, 00:26

Raiders, no doubt.

I also am a fan of the old line and have no idea why it is being dissed on - yeah, I can understand people mocking the Wyches I suppose, and the Grots almost certainly, but our old vehicle line was one of the best at the time and remains very aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.

Back to top Go down
Black Death
Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09 2013, 09:21

I do love the other vehicles but since the razorwing came out it has been my favorite, first skimmer and now flyer. Almost wish were still skimmers, wrong discussion. I did like the old raiders/ravagers but the new are so , hmm, clean, smooth and the venom is just hoss looking meaning sweet. I think the whole new line of DE are better in a lot of ways but do miss some of the old sculpts.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09 2013, 09:28

Tantalus. Clearly.

Sybarite
Black Death

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09 2013, 09:31

I can say I really want one so Christmas may be good this year.

Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 03:14

raider's and ravagers for me, they look so cool and sleek
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 05:16

I sort of expected the Raider to win, but it is doing so at a really impressive ratio. That thing is just a beautiful and well-designed model.

Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 08:04

Raiders and Ravagers for me. I like the style and fluff of being converted pleasure craft.
Back to top Go down
greater_fishy
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 08:31

You know the Venoms and Razorwings look amazing but there's something special about a fleet of Raiders that cant be beat
Back to top Go down
http://guysandmodels.blog.com/
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 14:26

I'm very surprised that the venom has got so few votes now... it was at the lead for start Very Happy
Still my favourite!

Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 15:57

I am an Archon... I travel on a graceful and confortable ship, full of nude women, food, poisons and other similar funnies... I never thought about traveling in 5 on a bike... I'm not a worker from Punjabi!

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 16:11

Mngwa wrote:
I'm very surprised that the venom has got so few votes now... it was at the lead for start Very Happy
Still my favourite!
The Venom is a gorgeous model...but, at the end of the day, it's sort of like a smaller and less blinged out Raider. I suspect that's what is hurting it. It's hard to argue the Venom's glory without realizing you're also arguing the Raider's glory.

Back to top Go down
cheapbuster
Slave
cheapbuster

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 19:46

They all look great, I love how customisable the raiders are though.

Hellion
agosyb

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 02:49

The new raider/ravager kit is a work of art. They could have stopped at the hull and sold most people, I think what really tipped them over the edge into "awesome" territory are little dudes hanging off the hull with boat hooks and rifles and whatnot, not to mention there's bits for weapons, bodies, legs etc included for at least three of them plus crew. That kit is seriously genius, and I really think their artists outdid themselves. The rest of the range is awesome, but when I think Dark Eldar I think the Raider. Then you have the great detail like chains and barbs, all with a solid ball and socket joint for an easy flying stand to seal the deal. Seriously, the old "tiny peg that was always too small or too big" thing was a huge pain when it came to any skimmer/flying model. I don't know how I've kept so many of my old reavers together.

I still like my old Raiders, I have a pretty decent amount of them and the old ravagers, I'm in the process of trying to "modernize" them with current bits, but as nice as they are they just don't stand up to the new kits.

Honorable mention to the venom with its wealth of weapon/head/body bits and riders.
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 03:08

The Venom is my favorite vehicle of the Dark Eldar range. It is by far my favorite to paint.
Back to top Go down
darthken239
Kabalite Warrior
darthken239

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16 2013, 03:42

also another thing is that in the older eldar/dark eldar codex's you can often see ships with sail's flying around in the background. there was never really much detail to the pics, but
the designer's finally got it together and produced some awesome models.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?   The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best looking Dark Eldar vehicle?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next