THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Can a Slave Escape...?

Go down 
+11
Deneris
thelordhellion
Aroshamash
Slaanesh
Anggul
Torpedo Vegas
GrenAcid
theblackjackal
Local_Ork
Baron Tordeck
Zehra
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zehra
In Exile

Can a Slave Escape...? Empty
PostSubject: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2011, 06:36

How likely is it for a slave of the Dark Eldar to escape? Mainly a female slave of Vect's. I was making a character who was captured in a slave raid as a youngteenager (think 14 or 15) and she finally managed to escape since Vect brought her with him on a raid and she managed to get out of her chains and flee.
How likely is this to happen?
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2011, 12:50

Oh I'd say escape is possible. Its the staying free that's hard. Especially if its a slave to someone with power. If Vect was to have a slave escape I imagine that he would send a crap ton of bounty hunters after the escapee. Not because the slave is worth anything or that he gives a crap about it. But because to allow a slave to escape would put a blemish on his reputation and once caught the slave would be made an example for all future escape atemptees.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2011, 13:22

Escaping during battle have one little flaw tho... how did he/she get back to Commorragh? Some sheaky cosplay (ie. "looted" warrior/Wych armour)?
Back to top Go down
theblackjackal
Hellion
theblackjackal

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2011, 18:37

Maybe the Dais was hit during a counterattack and she simply fell off, and Vect left her for dead?

https://sites.google.com/site/frontier2170
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08 2011, 20:37

theblackjackal wrote:
Maybe the Dais was hit during a counterattack and she simply fell off, and Vect left her for dead?

That might work, but Zehra why does it have to be Vect??
BTW:
Can a Slave Escape...? No_one11

You cannot escape.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Torpedo Vegas
Resident Shadowseer
Resident Shadowseer
Torpedo Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09 2011, 00:57

GrenAcid got a source on that pic? I'd like to read more of there's any.

Back to top Go down
http://irollboxcars.blogspot.com/
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09 2011, 01:31

Its from the Old DE Codex. I was actually just reading it today.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09 2011, 04:01

theblackjackal wrote:
That could work, thanks!!!
Because Vect doesn't search for her and that would work wonders!!! It's for a weird Warhammer story I'm cooking up in my head and shes one of the main characters. Smile
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09 2011, 17:29

Baron Tordeck wrote:
Around p.41

Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09 2011, 17:30

I read that story, very depressing actually...
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09 2011, 20:58

Zehra wrote:
I read that story, very depressing actually...

For him, yes.

For us? Hilarious! Very Happy

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Slaanesh
Hellion
Slaanesh

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30 2011, 18:57

Baron Tordeck wrote:

Man... i miss the old codex, i won't lie. It was so creepy and sorta mysterious, but at the same time you knew a lot about the dark eldar. I wish they had more of that kinda style with the new codex, I mean its great and all, but I don't think dark eldar are as evil as they were then.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31 2011, 16:32

Slaanesh wrote:
but at the same time you knew a lot about the dark eldar.

No, you really, really didn't. We knew they were Eldar, we knew they lived in some place called "Commorragh" (we didn't even know what it actually was until the 5th ed book, other than "a city". Was it a planet? A daemon world? In the webway? A craftworld? We didn't know), we knew they suffered something called the "Thirst", and that the souls of others were somehow involved in stopping/preventing/repairing it (as again, we didn't know what the souls were used for. A distraction from their own? "Protection money?" To fix their own? By how much?), and that they were organised into Kabals, Cults and Covens. That's pretty much it, and it certainly isn't a lot. It was about the bare minimum of information.
We knew nothing about what they'd done since the Fall. We didn't know how they didn't just all kill each other. We didn't know their relations with Chaos/Craftworlders. We didn't know about their usual life. We didn't know their position on the Eldar Gods.

This new book may be written more directly, but I'm glad we actually know stuff about the Dark Eldar now.

Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01 2011, 01:05

Slaanesh wrote:

Man... i miss the old codex, i won't lie. It was so creepy and sorta mysterious, but at the same time you knew a lot about the dark eldar. I wish they had more of that kinda style with the new codex, I mean its great and all, but I don't think dark eldar are as evil as they were then.

Yes, old dexes has somthing in them, new ones are to clean for me. But we know more now just as Aroshamash said.

Back to top Go down
thelordhellion
Hellion
thelordhellion

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 08:41

One slave escaped in 3rd ed codex.......blinded, mute and mutilated. Thats it......and guess what ? he was redeemed as heretic. as for a female slave which got captured by vect......there are some points that don't quite add up. first...vect doesn't actually capture slaves himself....he has much more important things to do.....like planning large scale raids which are executed by his overlords and minor archons. secondly...if vect has a slave escape from his dias he will be personally offended and have the chick brutally hunted down and taken to the haemonculi covens to have terrifying and disturbing things done to her. basically this story will work with a archon of a minor kabal...but not with vect.

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 18:21

thelordhellion wrote:
One slave escaped in 3rd ed codex.......blinded, mute and mutilated. Thats it......and guess what ? he was redeemed as heretic. as for a female slave which got captured by vect......there are some points that don't quite add up. first...vect doesn't actually capture slaves himself....he has much more important things to do.....like planning large scale raids which are executed by his overlords and minor archons. secondly...if vect has a slave escape from his dias he will be personally offended and have the chick brutally hunted down and taken to the haemonculi covens to have terrifying and disturbing things done to her. basically this story will work with a archon of a minor kabal...but not with vect.

Well she doesn't jump off she falls off when the Dais is hit and they think she is dead.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 21:59

Just a few clarifying questions:

Is the slave human or Eldar?
Is she escaping in Realspace or the Dark City?
And did she REALLY escape, or was led to believe she escaped, only to have it been part of a greater plan all along? (She escapes, but carries a plague that will kill a subsector)
Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24 2011, 22:27

The slave is human, she escaped in Realspace during a Raid and she did escape but I'm thinking is found later. It was sort of a weird Stargate type of thing the story she was in.
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 03:43

Can a slave escape? Yes, an unimportant slave, one of the teeming millions, might escape from Commorragh, at least for a short while. There are many races that act as mercenaries in the Dark City and the mere presence of someone who wasn't born there would not be odd in itself. So they might not automatically look out of place on the run. They probably wouldn't be in a condition to get very far, though, given how the Dark Eldar use their slaves as a resource.

Can a slave escape Asdrubael Vect? No.

Longer answer: if a slave appeared to have got away from Vect, it would simply be a part of his plan. His machinations are so tightly planned that a mere slave would not have a hope of unravelling them.

I'd agree with the suggestion of making the owner a much more minor personage, as the level of fallibility required is so much greater than featuring Vect would accommodate.

If the slave simply fell off his transport, well, I suspect he wouldn't stop to look for his toys; everyone is expendable to Vect. Ask my namesake; she should know :p Once the slave is gone, they're either dead or forgotten. A slave is, I can't reiterate it strongly enough, just a resource. The exception being, I'd agree, if he took it as a personal affront, in which case he is likely to agonise and execute the driver ("You lost my property. I do not appreciate such carelessness."). The slave ... not important.

I'd see it like this. Say you drop a biscuit on the floor. Do you go on a mission to get vengeance and your biscuit back? Well that's what a ultimately slave is: food. At Vect's level he can just get a minion to bring him another cookie.

On a brief off topic note, Zehra, I'm sure I recognise you from Druchii.net, Dark Elves and Dark Eldar, I suppose that makes sense really Smile

Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 04:10

Quote :
On a brief off topic note, Zehra, I'm sure I recognise you from Druchii.net, Dark Elves and Dark Eldar, I suppose that makes sense really Smile
Are you referring to my Norelle persona on Druchii.net? Indeed, I am a member there as well. I seem to be drawn to Elfy races, particularily the darker ones...
May I ask who you are?
Thank for all your great info, just been wondering. I'm thinking of maybe downgrading her owner to maybne an Archon of the Black Heart. I do love the Black Heart. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 25 2011, 13:49

Certainly you may (tempting as it is to ask you to guess Wink ). I am Syjahel on Druchii.net. I thought I recognised your style. I think there are a couple more from the site here as well Smile

I'd agree that an Archon would be a better choice. I'm intrigued by the Wraithkind, myself, but I have yet to pick a favourite Kabal. So many toy- I mean so many to choose from :p

Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 09:13

Hehehe, so many toys indeed!!!
and there seems to be a mistake!!! Lady Malys is not a slave she is at the head of her own Kabal after Vect rudely (and foolishly) kicked her out of his.
Back to top Go down
Lady Malys
She Who Must Be Obeyed
Lady Malys

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 17:46

She is at that. The Dark Muses' way of telling me to improve my post count, perhaps Very Happy

I had a thought that maybe you could have your slave 'escape' from a Master Haemonculus - they seem the sort to toy with a captive by 'allowing' them to taste freedom, the better to sample their despair when they realise that they are not free at all. It's dark, but then - *looks around* this is the Dark City.

Back to top Go down
Zehra
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 26 2011, 20:06

That is true, but she stays free for awhile, and even when she is captured again, she gets away thanks to her allies from the Stargate-ish group. Like I said it's something that popped into my head reading Stargate SG1/Warhammer crossovers...XD
Back to top Go down
CraftworldSpy
Slave
CraftworldSpy

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22 2011, 06:17

Maybe Vect freed her for some inscrutable purpose? The character could be driving herself nuts wondering why, fearing recapture, et cetera. The old 3E Dark Eldar story "The Torturer's Tale" shows that Vect isn't above toying around with humans in that sort of way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a Slave Escape...?   Can a Slave Escape...? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can a Slave Escape...?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next