THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Shattered Heart

Go down 
+12
macknight
spellcheck2001
Siticus the Ancient
Gobsmakked
Tengu
benth3bear
Crazy_Irish
durahamter
Cavalier
Lord_Alino
Nullus
Knightwatch
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Knightwatch
Slave
Knightwatch

Kabal of the Shattered Heart Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 10 2013, 18:36

After a long gaming lapse, some friends I work with are starting a 'Tale of Four Gamers' style army project.  I've never played 40k and have only painted a few 40k minis over the years, having always played WHFB in the past, so this was an excellent chance to try a new challenge.

So off I have embarked upon the creation of the Kabal of the Shattered Heart.  I've always fancied making an army which is all slightly converted, so this is my chance.  As soon as the new Shadow Warriors appeared on the scene I knew what i wanted my army to look like.  Nothing makes you look more like a baddie than a big shemagh cape thing!

So here is my first test model.  It stills needs a bit of gap-filling, but it turned out pretty well:

Kabal of the Shattered Heart Test_m10

before I take too much credit for the idea, I did semi-follow a very good tutorial which I will post a link too once I'm allowed too!

I learnt a lot from the conversion, and next time I think it will be a case of fitting a DE torso onto the Shadow Warrior cloak and scarf, rather than the other way round which I tried first!  I'd hope the helmet would look better, as I don't really like the conventional DE helmets, but I will wait to see what some paint makes her look like.  I might go back to my original plan of having all the heads in the army bare.  I shall have to see.  I'd love to know what everybody thinks, as I've been out of the modelling game for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Nullus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 11 2013, 11:10

This is a really cool conversion. Very clean looking and rather simple (good simple not easy simple) but makes a lot of difference to the model. I look forward to seeing more like this.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12 2013, 22:07

I like that model, I will guess his name. It's Earl, The Darkest Idiot. right?
really like the conversion Razz
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12 2013, 23:20

Niiice. Love the conversion. All the bits pull together really naturally. Great job.

Slave
Knightwatch

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12 2014, 21:43

After more work on Kabalite warriors to get confident with kitbasing the HE cloaks with DEldar torsos, I've moved on to more of a challenge, some female Incubi, after my proxys for them have pretty much chopped up anything they have touched the games I have played, accounting in fact for almost an entire SWolf army on 2 seperate occasions!

Kabal of the Shattered Heart Incubi11

The conversion itself was more complicated and time consuming than I had first imagined, mainly due to the nature of finecast and the 8 seperate pins in the mini, some for dismounting for painting, and others for strength where I have joined two kits.

Most of the mini is a standard Incubi with the legs and arms carefully removed then added to a Scourge torso with the cloak from a High Elf shadow warrior added as is the theme for my army, finished with the Incubi trophy racks and a Wych head. I had to cut the top from the trophy racks as an air bubble had all but destroyed the last few mm of one anyway.

All I need now to complete the squad is to track down a claw arm from a Bloodwrack Medusa without having to buy the whole Cauldron of Blood kit for the Klaivex!
Back to top Go down
Knightwatch
Slave
Knightwatch

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 22:50

A bit of threadomancy here, but the new book has brought me back to my caped deldar after a hiatus whilst I do a lot of DIY and self building in my house.  Work begins on my Archon, which was originally going to be based on a Lhamaean and a High Elf Handmaiden of the Everqueen (!), but after seeing the new Archon and the Neferata the Mortarch, the plan changed...

Kabal of the Shattered Heart Archon12

Biggest jobs were repositioning the new Archon kit's legs for a walking pose, as well as remodelling the feet, and creating a right handed sword with much careful drilling and pinning.  A cape with be added, along with some more gear and trophies." />
Back to top Go down
durahamter
Hellion
durahamter

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 23:43

Love the conversions; the only thing that kept me thinking was the price tag in converting the whole army like this, but man I can’t deny that it’s truly a blast.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05 2014, 23:49

Your conversions are absolutely beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06 2014, 11:13

Wow,wow,wow i love what you did with Lilith! And the repositioning of the archon legs is also a great idea ;-)

Kabalite Warrior
benth3bear

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06 2014, 20:09

what is the left arm from?
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06 2014, 22:47

Oh those are fantastic.

I like to convert but not as good as all those.

Ive been mixing and matching old 3rd ed kabalites with the new ones, also making some Exodites using more 3rd ed kabalites and CWE guardians. Ill get them finished but I have an Archaeological dig on at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 03:11

Nice work, that is a fabulous Archon.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07 2014, 14:55

Oh my god, those are some stunning conversions! I had always looked at that HE cloak bit as a basis for conversion, but man, you have gone beyond what I had imagined! The female Incubus looks fantastic, and the Archon is absolutely stellar! I would love to see these guys painted.

Knightwatch
Slave
Knightwatch

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 20:04

More (very slow) progress on the Archon.

Kabal of the Shattered Heart Sdc11110
Kabal of the Shattered Heart Sdc11111
Kabal of the Shattered Heart Sdc11112
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15 2015, 22:31

That is some stunning sculpting you have on her dress. The whole pose and use of bits is fantastic. I really like where this is going Smile

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
macknight
Hellion
macknight

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16 2015, 04:49

great clean conversions, sculpting, looking forward to see them fully painted!
Back to top Go down
Knightwatch
Slave
Knightwatch

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08 2015, 19:19

After seeing the new ad-mech minis, I had an interesting idea for a new direction to take my Incubi to be more dynamic, as the existing figures are quite static and uninteresting.  So as a break from the Archon I have tried a new test model. The process I used is quite time consuming, particularly being as how I had to 'up-armour' a pair of Wych's legs to fit with a 3+ armour save and the bulk of the torso, but I think a unit of these will look awesome on the table.

Kabal of the Shattered Heart Incubi10
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08 2015, 22:50

That is cool. I really like the pose you have done, and the coat collar is awesome.

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09 2015, 11:37

Phenomenal stuff. I wish this aesthetic was incorporated into the model line... All the scarves, hoods, shrouds etc give em that piratical/corsair edge which I love. Top notch stuff from posing, to sculpting. I love it!

Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09 2015, 22:51

Excellent GS sculpting, Knightwatch, I am seriously envious.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
inchmurrin
Slave
inchmurrin

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09 2015, 23:20

Great sculpting and love the dynamism of your figures
Back to top Go down
corn_cob_cabal
Slave
corn_cob_cabal

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12 2015, 14:17

Wow, that green stuff work. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12 2015, 20:04

This is a damn delicious thread. Green stuff work is inhumanly good.

Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior
Shinobi_8745

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14 2015, 14:10

Great work on the greenstuff, and excellent posing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Shattered Heart   Kabal of the Shattered Heart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Shattered Heart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: