THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Mini-Tournament 2

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

1500 Mini-Tournament 2 Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Mini-Tournament 2   1500 Mini-Tournament 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09 2011, 15:18

So, I recently listed my 1.5k venom spam list for the upcoming tournament I was thinking to attend:

1500 Mini-Tournament

Now, I've almost felt that this list may be too competitive, and want to run my most competitive version of WWP (which is still competitive, but nothing is usually AS competitive as the venom/dark light spam)

Anyway, here it is, tell me what you think:

1500 Pts - Dark Eldar Roster

Total Roster Cost: 1497

HQ: Baron Sathonyx (105 pts)

HQ: Haemonculi (175 pts)
1 Haemonculus + Webway Portal x1
1 Haemonculus + Venom Blade + Webway Portal x1

Troops: Wracks (95 pts)
3 Wracks
1 Venom + Splinter Cannon x2

Troops: Wracks (95 pts)
3 Wracks
1 Venom + Splinter Cannon x2

Troops: Hellion (208 pts)
13 Hellion

Fast Attack: Beastmasters (114 pts)
2 Beastmasters
5 Khymerae
2 Razorwing Flocks

Fast Attack: Beastmasters (114 pts)
2 Beastmasters
5 Khymerae
2 Razorwing Flocks

Fast Attack: Reavers (156 pts)
6 Reavers + Heat Lance x2

Heavy Support: Talos Pain Engine (135 pts)
1 Talos Pain Engine + Close Combat Weapon x1 + Chain-flails + TL Heat Lance

Heavy Support: Talos Pain Engine (135 pts)
1 Talos Pain Engine + Close Combat Weapon x1 + Chain-flails + TL Heat Lance

Heavy Support: Razorwing Jetfighter (165 pts)
1 Razorwing Jetfighter + Night Shields + Flickerfield

Now I know the list appears to be missing some definite dark light weaponry. I had considered possibly running my WWP units as trueborn with blasters instead, but I assumed that most likely these units may not see past turn 1. I know for a fact that beasts and hellions rock coming out of WWPs, especially with the baron to assist (and hopefully grab turn 1 for those WWP deployments).

AT: 2x Talos, Razorwing Jetfighter, Reavers, 2x Beasts
AI: Razorwing Jetfighter, 2x Beasts, Hellions, 2x Talos

So relatively balanced anti-tank, and anti-infantry. I'm hoping that the proximity of my arrival, and my two deployment choices, will eliminate the disadvantages of the army (reserve rolls, WWP deployment, minimal dark lance weaponry)

Anyway, let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Mini-Tournament 2   1500 Mini-Tournament 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 12:07

Any suggestions? I don't know many people who've even tried a WWP list competitively, and am unfamiliar with how exactly to set one up, so any help would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Mini-Tournament 2   1500 Mini-Tournament 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 14:31

While it looks good in most respects, you have hardly any troops. The Hellions will take objectives well with the Baron's stealth, but the wracks are such small squads that they'll die easily, so you'll probably only be able to have one objective. You'll need to go for a wipe-out, or alternatively kill all of their troops while keeping your hellions alive. I suppose you could be really careful with keeping the wrack's venoms intact, then on the last turn, flat-out and claim objectives.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus

Last edited by Anggul on Mon Jul 11 2011, 14:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Mini-Tournament 2   1500 Mini-Tournament 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 14:34

Anggul wrote:
While it looks good in most respects, you hardly any troops. The Hellions will take objectives well with the Baron's stealth, but the wracks are such small squads that they'll die easily, so you'll probably only be able to have one objective. You'll need to go for a wipe-out, or alternatively kill all of their troops while keeping your hellions alive. I suppose you could be really careful with keeping the wrack's venoms intact, then on the last turn, flat-out and claim objectives.

Yea, I've thought about this as well. Should I possibly take more hellions, and 2 units? That way I would have at least 2 fast moving troop units that can score. I wish I could take baron in both though... as his abilities really help boost the effectiveness of the squad.

I guess if it is the only troop squad it should draw a lot of fire (which with stealth it should weather well), maybe keeping the rest of my army alive. What do yall think?
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Mini-Tournament 2   1500 Mini-Tournament 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 14:37

I'm thinking having more wracks in the squads would help. As you said, the Baron is what makes Hellions really good, so I probably wouldn't have another unit. I don't know though, you could try it out.

As I said, if you can distract fire from the Venoms, then the Wracks can still claim fairly well.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
GreySeerZ
Hellion
GreySeerZ

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Mini-Tournament 2   1500 Mini-Tournament 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 14:46

Yea, I guess I'd only really be getting 1 more wound in there, which doesn't make them all that more resilient. Plus, due to the low number of vehicles in the list, I don't think the venoms will be able to last. They were more just to get the WWPs down.

An alternative would be to buff up the wrack squads, and throw them in raiders. But where would I get those points from? I feel like removing any AT is not an option, since I have limited AT to begin with. I could drop a beast squad, but just 1 seems a little weak, as 2 are amazing and due to size, can hold up/contest large sections of board. hmm...
Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Mini-Tournament 2   1500 Mini-Tournament 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 15:07

Only thing I can think of is dropping a Talos, sadly. You would, however, be getting a couple of dark lances on the raiders, if that means anything.

Back to top Go down
kenny3760
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Mini-Tournament 2   1500 Mini-Tournament 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 14:36

How about dropping a unit of beasts and the razorwing, for a ravager with F/F and another unit of wracks in a venom. Should leave about 70 points to up the warck numbers and possibly get a LG or 2 spread throughout the list. I used to run a WWP list in last codex but ofcourse it was a different beast then with transports coming out of it etc.

While I think they can still work I haven't put any effort in to building a WWP based list, primarily because I always think about what I would do if I was to face one, how would I counter it?

If I am going first I try to shoot down the carriers, not always possible but it also gives me the ooportunity to see where the portals are deployed and then position accordingly on my 2nd turn.

If I am going second, null deploy and reserve. Lets me see where the portals are and also what has came out of them 2nd turn. Roll on accordingly and deal with the main threats. With the number of armies available with reserve altering tricks or MSU's then this is a viable option.

All this is a bit simplistic but it's worth bearing in mind when running the WWP list. Good luck with it and let us know how you do.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Mini-Tournament 2   1500 Mini-Tournament 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 20:08

I would take the NS of the Razorwing an lose 1 hellion in order to get a Helliarch w/ Agoinser

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Mini-Tournament 2   1500 Mini-Tournament 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Mini-Tournament 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: