THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Where is the Emperor?

Go down 
+12
Archon Claus
LSK
Mngwa
Crazy_Irish
Shadow Blade
helvexis
facelessabsalom
DominicJ
spellcheck2001
commandersasha
Count Adhemar
Barking Agatha
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

Where is the Emperor? Empty
PostSubject: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 22:17

I was wondering about this today. The Emperor was around since about the Paleolithic, right? He lived through all of human history until he decided to take charge and re-unify the human race under the Empire and launch the Big Crusade, sometime before the year 30,000. That means that he was already around in ancient Rome, the Middle Ages, and so on.

So where has he been in recent history, and where is he today? He wouldn't be just working a job somewhere and watching tv, he's the Emprah, he would be bored stiff. He would need to conquer stuff.

So I've looked around and I've come up with two theories:

One: He was Freddy Mercury, and now he's the Pope. The evidence: Pope Francis doesn't look anything like Freddy Mercury, at all; it's obvious that an immortal like the Emperor would be really good at diguising himself through all those centuries. Therefore, their lack of similarity can be taken as proof that they are the same person. Also, Freddy Mercury died in 1991, and exactly six months later, almost to the day, Francis was ordained as a bishop. Could that be a coincidence? Very unlikely!

Two: Vladimir Putin is the Emperor, and he used to be Charles Lindbergh. No one said that the Emperor had to be nice! Isn't it strange that Lindbergh supposedly died in 1974, and again exactly one year later a young Putin joined the KGB? If we don't see this as evidence that immortals walk among us, we are just being naive.

Can anyone think of better candidates for the current whereabouts of the Emperor?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 22:48

He's disguised as Simon Cowell.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 24 2013, 23:59

I'm not going to reveal my secret for another few millenium...oh, dammit!
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 07:21

He is currently disguised as Keith Lemon I hear
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 12:54

That the Emperor is the combined soul of hundreds of shamans is VERY old fluff.
Not repeated since RT to my knowledge.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 25 2013, 20:42

commandersasha wrote:
I'm not going to reveal my secret for another few millenium...oh, dammit!
Heresy!
Back to top Go down
helvexis
Sybarite
helvexis

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 26 2013, 00:34

In the xenology book it puts forth he is one of the old gods who didn't become gork/mork and the eldar pantheon but that is also old and not really mentioned anywhere else that I know of.

The emperor is clearly the queen of England tha woman is very clear proof immortals exist and she has a throne the emperor loves thrones
Back to top Go down
Shadow Blade
Hellion
Shadow Blade

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2013, 08:24

Gordon Ramsey, who else has that much power?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2013, 13:21

Na, he lives in germany, gets Hartz 4 for not working and laughs about the powerfull poeple, trying to rule the world. He'll show them.
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2013, 14:10

I suppose if it's someone, it is the pope.
I would support the idea of going to Putin and asking him if he is an immortal emperor, though. That should bring WH40k some advertisement.
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 09 2013, 16:40

Maybe not politically correct, but "to me" the last emperor incarnations were Torquemada and Hitler ... purging the universe of heretics, trying to obtain the best of geneseeds, killing xenos ... etc.
Today's Emperor may be Sect leader Rael with all his cloning stuff and space invaders blah-blah, maybe he is a bit too funky for ruling the universe, but not far from WH40K.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%ABlism
Back to top Go down
Archon Claus
The Baddest Santa
Archon Claus

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10 2013, 03:21

I have been around for a while, and am omnipotent ..... at least with toys.

Might be time to change the robes though, something a little more majestic?
Back to top Go down
Shadow Blade
Hellion
Shadow Blade

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10 2013, 19:28

A little majesticness never hurt, second claim to be the Emperor though. Title showdown anyone?
Back to top Go down
Pherean
Slave
Pherean

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 01:45

I like to think that if our world was the same as the one in 40K he'd have been the great warriors we all know. Alexander, Caesar, Ragnarsson, Khan, Lionheart, Saladin, Sun Tzu, Nelson, Vukov, Patten etc.
Back to top Go down
Pherean
Slave
Pherean

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 01:46

These days, hmm, you'd need to find the greatest living general I guess.
Back to top Go down
dangerous beans
Kabalite Warrior
dangerous beans

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 00:51

He's Ian Livingstone, one of the founding members of Gamesworkshop. He stoked the fires of fantasy and imagination in thousands of sci-fi fans and fantasy lovers alike to create... The Space Marine. Tactically he is analysing and gradually in-breeding, initially through the use of lead, though later a molecularly sticky substance known as finecrap, a gene-seed of solo thinking generals that know little other than the Imperium and the concept of overpowering all others through the might of such a force.

For his armies do lie without, but within.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 02:29

The emperor... he is probably Matt Ward, thats why the Space Marines are always so good.
Back to top Go down
sekerra
Slave
sekerra

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 06:11

Nah, he would be a mid rank warrior in some army or he would be a scientist or archivist somewhere. (Or more likely someone financing them)

He would not be the pope, as the emperor was always ANTI-belief in gods and in having churches as they are too dangerous when dealing with the warp. (Most of the Eclesiarchy stuff came out post golden throne remember) Same reason he would avoid being a celebrity like Gordan Ramsey or any musician... too much belief leads to creating daemons.

He would not be major world figures at this point as there is no reason to unite humanity yet. (remember in the novels and such he was pictured as knights in the age of chivalry, and other mid rank people not the leaders until the major collapse of humanity in the dark age of technology. As he seemed to have come out of nowhere, but had massive science labs behind him.)

Think the original highlander movie and how McCloud hung out in plain sight by being an antiquities collector and scholar. So think someone rich, who is financing research and such... but not one that is making himself known for it. (So bill gates is right out... as are all the people from apple... they are too cult of personality for the emperor.)
Back to top Go down
dangerous beans
Kabalite Warrior
dangerous beans

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 14:25

By your reckoning Sekerra, could he be working somewhere high up in Gamesworkshop or in Computer Game design? It seems an excellent platform to begin brainwashing the masses into one ideology
Back to top Go down
sekerra
Slave
sekerra

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 17:45

dangerous beans wrote:
By your reckoning Sekerra, could he be working somewhere high up in Gamesworkshop or in Computer Game design? It seems an excellent platform to begin brainwashing the masses into one ideology

Definately on the computer game design... but would need to be somewhere that is cutting edge without being too obvious. Gamesworkshop itself is unlikely in and of itself though, because humanity after he is on the golden throne in their books shows humanity going towards a belief basis focused on him. Which is against everything he pushed for. So it would be more likely that Gamesworkshop people are listening to the whispering of the warp and the Chaos Gods to sow discord and hopelessness by showing the "future" to put holes in the emperor's future.
Back to top Go down
dangerous beans
Kabalite Warrior
dangerous beans

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 17:46

I like where this is going... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is the Emperor?   Where is the Emperor? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where is the Emperor?
Page 1 of 1