THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

[40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

[40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win. Empty
PostSubject: [40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win.   [40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09 2011, 19:38

Hello!

I've found this lil' article about baseball, math and 40k. It actually have more than 1 part (~18 at the moment) and it's still W.I.P but I found it pretty good.

Part one: how pick "good players".
http://nike40k.blogspot.com/2011/06/40k-theory-moneyball-and-40k.html
Back to top Go down
Lollermancer
Slave

PostSubject: Re: [40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win.   [40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 10:55

Excellent read, i read the entire series about important statistics his DMS DMCC DRPG DLRPG. Very Very intresting and a very fun to figure out my own numbers for my 2k list. I found that my Coven was extremely close to the numbers on the space wolves list, even though it plays practically opposite of the wolves.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: [40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win.   [40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11 2011, 20:28

This is why I would pick 2x Void Raven over 3x Ravager any day of week. Void Lances + negating 99% of LoS cover + possible duality = totally worth it (basically FF/NS Raven is ~136% more efficient at killing tanks, not counting Void Mine, than FF/NS Ravager).
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: [40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win.   [40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2011, 05:11

Though I would note - killing things isn't really the purpose of taking 3x Ravagers. Target saturation and ability to weaken the opponent's capability to hurt you is why they are superior to the Void Raven's kill percentage. I'd rather have three stunned and shaken Predators than two dead ones and one still able to fire.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win.   [40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[40k-metrics] How to play baseball with limited budget and win.
Page 1 of 1