THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos

Go down 
+2
Thor665
Starkadder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos Empty
PostSubject: 'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos   'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03 2013, 09:57

'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos M3470223a_99120212009_2013CauldronOfBlood01_873x627

Perhaps a bit static, but could be an amazing conversion job. Judging from the witch elves in the picture he's roughly the right height too...

Obviously the Witch elves could be happily used as Wyches / perhaps a good Female Duke conversion.

The Bloodwrack Medusa that comes as a second option would be a nice model for a female Vect in a Coven style list.

Any thoughts on what else she could be used for (want to think it through before I make an investment...)?

Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: 'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos   'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03 2013, 09:58

'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos M3470267a_99120212009_2013CauldronOfBlood10_445x319

Here's the Medusa..

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos   'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03 2013, 10:25

Moved this to painting and modeling as that's really what it is a discussion of.

As far as the Meduas goes - I am personally going to use her in my growing Slaanesh Daemon Army.
I have heard some people suggest her as a Grotesque or as a Sslyth.

I personally intend to use the Avatar as a statue on my 'Streets of Commoragh' table, but don't think he's too static to be used as a regular avatar if so desired.

Back to top Go down
Blutvogt
Hellion
Blutvogt

PostSubject: Re: 'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos   'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03 2013, 12:48

if you look at the khain statue from the side, he is actualy "walking", so it looks like he's doing a step.guess it's not to difficult to move the arms, to get more dynamic in the model.
Back to top Go down
Gru6y
Slave
Gru6y

PostSubject: Re: 'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos   'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03 2013, 18:51

I've just unpacked my cauldron. The avatar is roughly 10cm tall, but quite static. The step he is taking is rather small. Going to use him as Avatar for my craftworlders anyway. The medusa can potentially make a cool master haemonculus, thoug with quite a lot of converting.
Back to top Go down
Kung Fu Hamster
Hellion
Kung Fu Hamster

PostSubject: Re: 'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos   'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04 2013, 00:34

The stance of the statue of Khaine doesn't bother me too much when considering using it as an Avatar. I see it as less "HULK SMASH!" stance and more "COME AT ME BRO!"

Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: 'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos   'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04 2013, 10:35

That has so `much` potential...

...But to my eyes it looks far too civilised for Dark Elves, a few dismembered corpses should brighten it up.
Back to top Go down
Starkadder
Kabalite Warrior
Starkadder

PostSubject: Re: 'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos   'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04 2013, 13:44

Thor665 wrote:
Moved this to painting and modeling as that's really what it is a discussion of.

As far as the Meduas goes - I am personally going to use her in my growing Slaanesh Daemon Army.
I have heard some people suggest her as a Grotesque or as a Sslyth.

I personally intend to use the Avatar as a statue on my 'Streets of Commoragh' table, but don't think he's too static to be used as a regular avatar if so desired.
I've been thinking about building the exact same sort of table; have you got any images?

S

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos   'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04 2013, 15:01

Not yet, I'm still at the planning and collection stage of it.
I do plan to fire up a P&M blog when I do get it underway though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos   'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Dark Avatar' (& others) Conversion from Dark Elf Cauldron of Bloos
Page 1 of 1