THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Advice for 450 point game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow Blade
Hellion
Shadow Blade

Advice for 450 point game Empty
PostSubject: Advice for 450 point game   Advice for 450 point game I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 18:19

I am going to be going up against a SW 450 point list for my first game with DE. I only have an archon, a box of warriors and wyches and a raider. He is taking a rune priest, two 6 man grey hunter squads with flamers, 5 long fans with missile launchers and a lone wolf. How the hell am I meant to stand a chance of winning?!

Kabal of the Shadow Blade - 2/0/0
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Advice for 450 point game   Advice for 450 point game I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 20:01

Just say, that your Archon is Vect.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Advice for 450 point game   Advice for 450 point game I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 21:42

Well, 10 warriors, 10 wyches, a raider and an incubi clocks in at 310 points with no upgrades. So you are either going to have to go mad on toys, grab hold of some more models, or ask your opponent to scale his list back!

Another alternative would be to use some proxy models if you and your opponent are ok with that. For example if your SW opponent has a couple of landspeeders you could proxy those as venoms.

Put 2 5 man warrior squads on the venoms, 9 wyches plus archon on the raider (with a dizzie) and the list looks a lot stronger. Still got some 40 odd points for toys on the archon, etc.
Back to top Go down
Shadow Blade
Hellion
Shadow Blade

PostSubject: Re: Advice for 450 point game   Advice for 450 point game I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 14 2013, 22:19

Ended up playing the game tonight instead of tomorrow. Ended up with a win surprisingly enough managing to keep my units out of sight of the long fangs (we play cityscape) long enough take out most of his grey hunters. Helped as well that my first shot of the game with my splinter cannon took out his rune priest with one salvo as he wasn't attached to a squad. Wyches were killed by the missiles after they killed the rest o the hunters and lone wolf but then the archon walked through two rounds of missile fire to butcher the long fangs resulting in my first win on my first game. Hopefully more to come eh!

Kabal of the Shadow Blade - 2/0/0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice for 450 point game   Advice for 450 point game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice for 450 point game
Page 1 of 1