THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Zardock
Slave
Zardock

Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions. Empty
PostSubject: Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.   Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 11:44

Hey been lurking on this forum for awhile and I thought I'd post the lists I'm tossing up bringing to a tournament in New Zealand in August.

I need some opinions from other Dark Eldar players, I don't expect the tournament to be ultra-competitive but comments are always good.

I can't really mix the lists up too much as I have little time to get it all painted.

The transports have TGL's because I had points to spare and nowhere to put them.

List 1

HQ:
Archon – 145pts
with Agoniser, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield and Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Elites:
4 Incubi – 158pts
in Venom with additional Splinter Cannon and Torment Grenade Launchers

Troops:
10 Kabalite Warriors – 195pts
Sybarite, 1 blaster, 1 splinter cannon in Raider with Dark Lance, Flickerfield and Torment Grenade Launchers

Sybarite, 1 blaster, 1 splinter cannon in Raider with Dark Lance, Flickerfield and Torment Grenade Launchers

10 Wyches – 215pts
Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix with Agoniser in Raider with Dark Lance, Flickerfield and Torment Grenade Launchers

10 Wyches – 215pts
Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix with Agoniser in Raider with Dark Lance, Flickerfield and Torment Grenade Launchers

Heavy Support:
Ravager – 125pts
3 Dark Lances, Night Shields and Flickerfield

Ravager – 125pts

Razorwing Jetfighter – 175pts
2 Disintegrators, Splinter Cannon, 4 Monoscythe Missiles, Flickerfield and Night Shields

Total Points - 1743

List 2

HQ
Archon – 160pts
with Agoniser, Blast Pistol, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield and Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Elites:
4 Incubi – 158pts

Troops:

10 Wyches – 215pts

10 Wyches – 215pts

Fast Attack:
10 Hellions – 205pts
Helliarch with Agoniser and Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Heavy Support:
Ravager – 115pts
3 Dark Lances and Flickerfield

Ravager – 115pts
3 Dark Lances and Flickerfield

2 Disintegrators, Splinter Cannon, 4 Monoscythe Missiles, Flickerfield and Night Shields

Total Points - 1748

Any comments/criticisms are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.   Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 12:05

IMHO first. Hellions are kinda... meh without Baron and/or FNP from start and/or beeing able to score.

Actually I wonder if You don't want take Razorwing as Voidraven. With FF, NS and one "cheap" missile (like shatterfield one) You can have bigger potential to kill Mech while dealing with MEQ in "usual way" (Incubi and/or bucket of dice from Wyches). Also, You can spend those additional points from TGL - like dump 4 (for 20 points) and have 3 missiles total.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.   Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 12:29

Zardock wrote:

List 1

HQ:
Archon – 145pts
pretty basic combat build

Elites:
4 Incubi – 158pts
Venoms can't take torment grenade launchers (sad but true) otherwise good unit.

Troops:
If you can try and get shock prows on a couple of raiders (with or without enhanced aether sails) this helps you out in late game contesting. As to the unit sybarite is probably unessecary (I'm a minimalist so I'd also lose the cannon and most of the warriors but YMMV)

10 Wyches – 215pts
You could lose a couple of wyches here and still be effective (I can here the good Baron screaming from here) but and I will say this for the umpteenth time Haywire grenades!

10 Wyches – 215pts

Heavy Support:
Ravager – 125pts

Ravager – 125pts

This is my exact heavy support setup so I can't really criticise it

Total Points - 1743

I like the first list so I've commented on it above in red.

Slave
Zardock

PostSubject: Re: Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.   Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 14:14

@Local_Ork: Thank you for the comment Smile, I would love to take a Void Raven, unfortunately the tournament has a strick WYSIWYG ruling, and the Razorwing model is a Razorwing. TBH, I am not sold on the TGLs and just put them there because I could...

@The Strange Dude:

I hoped you might comment, you always seem to give logical advice with reasons. Also thank you for pointing out the illegal PGL. I think I might try ditch the PGLs and Sybarites and grab those Haywire Grenades. It's an option I keep forgetting about, thanks for the reminder.

Although I've already built the warrior squads so I think I'll keep them. This will be my first outing with the Dark Eldar at this points level ever, and a long time out of non-casual 40k. Will take a modified version of the first list and see where it gets me.

Thank you for both the comments.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.   Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 14:40

But there is no VR model Wink I would ask TOs if You can proxy it.

And like Strange Dude said, Shock Prowls/TGL mix would be good.
Back to top Go down
Zardock
Slave
Zardock

PostSubject: Re: Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.   Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 02:15

Yeah I did ask, they told me no Sad

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.   Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 16:59

Zardock wrote:
Yeah I did ask, they told me no Sad

Wow. I dont think I've ever heard of a TO saying no to a Proxy for a model that doesnt exist yet.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Zardock
Slave
Zardock

PostSubject: Re: Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.   Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2011, 14:08

Ok here's the list that I intend to take. Fitted in Haywires for the Wyches, but couldn't afford any vehicle upgrades past the Flickerfields for the Kabalite raiders.

Will post how the Tourney goes in the Bat Rep section afterwards.

HQ

Archon – 145pts

Elites:

4 Incubi – 153pts
in Venom with additional Splinter Cannon

Troops:

10 Kabalite Warriors – 185pts
1 blaster, 1 splinter cannon in Raider with Dark Lance, Flickerfield

10 Wyches – 235pts
Haywire Grenades, Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix with Agoniser in Raider with Dark Lance, Flickerfield and Torment Grenade Launchers

10 Wyches – 235pts
Haywire Grenades, Shardnet + Impaler, Hekatrix with Agoniser in Raider with Dark Lance, Flickerfield and Torment Grenade Launchers

Heavy Support:

Ravager – 125pts

Ravager – 125pts

Total Points - 1748

@Baron Tordeck: Yeah I was abit surprised too, but it isn't that bad, I don't expect to see full mech at this tournament, past lists of the top 5 are a nice balance and don't tend towards the rediculous competitive scene. So I believe I have enough anti-tank.

Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.   Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2011, 13:24

I like your list, its similar to what I've come up with to face my friend's Marine list:

Archon, Agoniser, Drugs, Clonefield, Ghostplate Armour
Haemonculus, Liquifier

4 Incubi in Venom, 2x SC, NS (w/ Archon)
5 Trueborn (4 Blasters) in Venom, 2x SC, NS
5 Trueborn (4 Blasters) in Venom, 2x SC, NS

10 Warriors, Blaster, SC in Raider, SR, NS
10 Warriors, Blaster, SC in Raider, SR, NS
7 Wyches, Hek w/ Agoniser, Haywire Grenades in Raider, NS, Aethersails (w/ Haemie)

Ravager, 3xDL, NS, FF
Ravager, 3xDL, NS, FF
Razorwing, NS, FF

Last time we played we went at 1250 and he went vey mech, so I'm assumng to come up against the same.

When is your tournament? And are you able to get a few games in with your list?

Slave
Zardock

PostSubject: Re: Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.   Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2011, 02:00

Tournament is on 6th-7th August. I have little time to get games in with my list far too much course work due in the interim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.   Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Two different lists for 1750pt Tournament. Need Opinions.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: