THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venom Splinter Cannon arcs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Veritas
Hellion
Veritas

Venom Splinter Cannon arcs Empty
PostSubject: Venom Splinter Cannon arcs   Venom Splinter Cannon arcs I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16 2013, 16:46

I magnetized my Venom's guns so that I can remove them as they get destroyed, and point them at the enemy when I fire.

Another Dark Eldar player complained when I was shooting behind the Venom. I said they are clearly turret/pintle mounts, which is 360 degrees. He said that's only because I didn't glue them. I pointed to page 72.

Who was right?

Potato. cheers
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Venom Splinter Cannon arcs   Venom Splinter Cannon arcs I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16 2013, 16:48

I've used 180 for both. ETC clarification support this option too. 360 is a bit too much in my opinion.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Venom Splinter Cannon arcs   Venom Splinter Cannon arcs I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16 2013, 16:51

The top-mounted weapon I'd probably agree at 180 degree fire arc, maybe even 270 but I can't see it being 360 as the gunner would then be in front of the gun! I don't see any evidence that the underslung venom cannon is intended to swivel. Seems to be a fixed position and would probably count as hull-mounted. with a 45 degree arc. Compromise at 180 for both maybe.

Veritas
Hellion
Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Venom Splinter Cannon arcs   Venom Splinter Cannon arcs I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16 2013, 16:55

See, I can definitely envision the gunner hopping on the hood and shooting to the ear, probably teabagging the driver.

As for the lower one, to me it's definitely in a swivel mount that's only hampered by an artificial peg assembly that likely wouldn't exist on the real deal.

Potato. cheers
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Venom Splinter Cannon arcs   Venom Splinter Cannon arcs I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16 2013, 19:19

This was debated some time ago as well, you might be interested in that:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t4911-venom-arc-of-fire

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venom Splinter Cannon arcs   Venom Splinter Cannon arcs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom Splinter Cannon arcs
Page 1 of 1