THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau  Empty
PostSubject: Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau    Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau  I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19 2013, 01:09

We each get 1k points

archon
-Agoniser
-shadow field
-combat drugs

10 warriors
-splinter cannon
raider
-splinter racks

5 warriors
-blaster
venom
-splinter cannon

5 wyches
-haywire grenades
venom
-splinter cannon

5 wyches
-haywire grenades
venom
-Splinter Cannon

ravager
-night sheild

Talos pain engine
-twin linked liq gun
-stinger pods

I haven't played in a long time, so be gentle lol. I'm gonna start playing some practice games soon with some friends but this is the list I came up with for my doubles army to a tourney I'm going to next month. My friends Tau is more than likely going to be heavy anti - meq suites and a little anti tank. My reasoning for the Talos is put him on the flank with my buddies suites with a lot of plasma weapons and kind of tie up regular troops or whatnot, hit any termies or whatever with their plasma weapons.

this list only comes up to 895, i'm not sure on what to do for my archon's unit. Is 4 incubi enough? should i go with wracks / venom? Any tips would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau    Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22 2013, 05:29

More info on your pal's army would be useful. Any criticisms tend to be more valid because.

I am going to be straight up with you though:

Head Quarters
You have a somewhat expensive HQ that does not have a ride and will not augment the combat capabilities of a unit of Incubi (he doesn't have a Phantasmal Grenade Launcher). You could take the more delicate but just as deadly Succubus with an Agonizer for 85 points instead.

Troops
All fine and good in a vacuum. See my Anti Tank criticism. Personally, I prefer MSU warriors and using Wyches as an actual assault unit.

Anti Tank
You're not bringing much anti-tank to the table. What about my haywire grenades? Those are anti-tank but they take time to deploy and rapid deployment via Flat-Out will also take away your anti-infantry shooting. Get another Ravager or two.

Talos
Never been a fan of the Talos unless there are multiples. A lone Talos is just a slow target. Ditch it unless you get another one. If you get another one, get your Tau pal to bring a Riptide and go for the monster mash.

Again, I don't know what your friend is planning to do but I might run something like this:

HQ
Succubus with Agonizer 85

Elites
4 Incubi in Venom with Dual Splinter Cannons 153

Troops
x3 5 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Venom with Splinter Cannons 375
10 Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Raider with Splinter Racks 175

Heavy Support
x2 Ravagers 210

TOTAL: 998

BLASTERS: 4 [1]
Dark Lances: 7 [4]
Haywire Grenades: 0 [10]

Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau    Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 03:33

Thanks for the reply, I'll get my buddies list up here soon. He is in fact taking a riptide. I ended up making an order the other day and bought another Ravager instead of the Talos, so that works out. Would it be viable to take a Hammy and two units of five Wracks instead of the two five man warrior units? I have ten models and wouldn't mind using them. Idk if units of five in venoms are too small, but liq guns are pretty cool. My Tau ally is going to be pretty shooty (as if it didn't need to be said, so i was thinking of going a little more CC oriented.)
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau    Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 03:42

Wracks are fairly good at holding objectives because they are toughness four and have Feel No Pain. Liquifier Guns are just amazing so taking a couple of those would be good (albeit different). That said, I have never used them as anything other than objective holders.

I will say that creating complements would be good. You'll want lots of shooting to synergize with your Tau pal but also bring a few good assault units to dig him out of bad situations.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau    Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau  I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01 2013, 00:46

If it's a tournament, be as much of an arse to the enemy as you possibly can: spam wyches (literally as many ten-man units as you can) with venoms (with extra splinter cannons) - the wyches don't deploy in the venoms, they simply sprint at the enemy, screaming all the catty insults they can think of involving mon-keigh, whilst venoms allow for lots of dakka against any particularly difficult units for wyches to assault.
Get your buddy to take a lot of anti-tank (hello riptide and hammerheads) and maybe take a ravager and razorwing (in that order of preference) if you have points to spare after maxing out troops. This also means that you'll probably have a couple of wych units left at the end of the game to sprint for last minute objective-grabbing/linebreaker.
You can pretty much guarantee the enemy won't have enough shooting to kill sixty wyches in 2 turns, and if by some disgusting miracle they do manage to kill three whole units, that means that your Tau friend has had all of his units (the best units for shooting in the game) completely ignored Smile

Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau    Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 20:14

I was able to play a few practice games and I def think going more shooting oriented is what I want to do. I tried to play some CC but it didn't really synergize well.

I'm probably going to just field the exact list that was posted by Dark Kindred above and my friends Tau list is

HQ
Commander
missile pod x2
target lock
Drone Controller
puretide engram neurochip
Neuroweb system jammer

Troops
kroot x10
sniper rounds

Firewarriors x9

Elites
Riptide
ion accelerator
TL Fusion Blaster
early warning override

Crisis Suits x 3
missile pod x4
target lock x2
marker drones x6
Shas'vre
vectored retro-thrusters
command and control node
Multi-spectrum sensor suite

Fast Attack
Pathfinders x6

Heavy Support
Hammerhead
submunition rounds
disruption pod
Smart missile system
longstrike

The Wych idea seems cool, but I wouldn't have the models unless I bought a few more boxes, The list listed by Dark Kindred, I have all the models for already.

Any tips on the lists would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
kicu
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau    Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 20:22

Suggest your fiend to field them as Farsight Enclaves - he will lose some point (beacause he'll have to buy this Ta'lissera thing) but you will get another (great) scoring unit.
Back to top Go down
Razkien
Kabalite Warrior
Razkien

PostSubject: Re: Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau    Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05 2013, 02:07

We did some talking and kind of like the idea, the list he posted was

Troops
Crisis Suits x3
Plasma Rifle x2
Fusion blaster x2
target lock
Shas'vre
Plasma Rifle x2
warscaper drone
gun drones x6
ta'lissera x3

Crisis Suits x2
Missile Pod x4
target lock x2
ta'lissera x2
marker drones x4

Elite
Riptide
ion accelerator
TL Fusion Blaster
early warning overide

Heavy Support
Hammerhead
submunition round
disruption pod
Smart missile system

Fast Attack
Pathfinders x6

HQ
Commander
Missile Pod x2
target lock
drone controller
marker drone x2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau    Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going to a doubles tourney with my buddy, he plays Tau
Page 1 of 1