THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Wraithknight as Beasts support?

Go down 
+4
egorey
Shadows Revenge
Vasara
Sky Serpent
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Wraithknight as Beasts support? Empty
PostSubject: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24 2013, 23:53

I've got this idea of running a Wraithknight alongside my Beasts as some form of distraction unit and an extra element to the hammer.

What are your thoughts on this and what load out would you choose?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2013, 10:29

I used the combo for a while and it works nicely. I had my Knight stock and beasts with 10 khymerae and 2 flocks. That unit with a good fire suppport can keep midfield clear nicely. I also used Baron and fearless jetseer.

Now I have changed WK to Night Spinner due to a price and Barrage.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2013, 16:02

The WK is a solid choice, and it will damage soak a ton of shots from your beasts (for some reason people really think that the WK is such a huge threat, its actually comical imho)

A good pairing though is that the beasts can keep grav guns off your WK as well, so its all a win/win relationship in my book

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2013, 16:54

Agreed. WK is a nice fire magnet taking a lot of heat off the beast pack.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 26 2013, 17:42

I tend to use Wraithknights as a tarpit along with some farseer support. Beast packs are awesome with knights and also grots..
T5 3W in front of the beasts for a turn then go in front and charge. I know grots only move 6 but this has worked twice for me.
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2013, 04:51

Did it quite a few times. Usually it works, even against Tau.

But there is one point... everything DE besides Baron and Beastpack feels redundant. Eldar support will get better oomph. Sure, it's never too late to mix-and-match. But in our gaming enviroment, Wave Serpents shockwave attack is usually more useful than three lances or two splintercannons.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2013, 15:00

I also use a beast pack with a seer on bike with the shard of anaris (for fearless) and prescience for for rerolls. And the wraith is great support for the beast. They make a very strong reliable front line

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2013, 15:15

colinsherlow wrote:
I also use a beast pack with a seer on bike with the shard of anaris (for fearless) and prescience for for rerolls. And the wraith is great support for the beast. They make a very strong reliable front line
I'm using almost exactly the same and whilst the WK doesn't tend to do much he does act as a HUGE distraction that lets the beasts get in there and do their thing.

egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2013, 15:32

I posted a very similar list on thr thread below. using the beast pack with 2 WKs and a Talos and double seers in the list. I used Vect for fearless.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2013, 17:03

Once you include Vect, cost of the blob shoots skywards. Furthermore, he doesn't add anything AND slows them down.

I prefer Suncannon-SL WK. Sure, he costs more then stock one, but, hey, we all know that 5++ makes difference! Also, such WK makes short work of low-count 2+ models. But i don't know if second Knight worth it. IMO - one Knight and beefed up Beastpack is enough to make sure enemy will have troubles in their deployment zone. Rest of points could be used for fire support and scoring.

That'll be a balanced list which can dish out good amount of shooting and wreck balls in close combat.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2013, 17:20

Vect adds a lot to a beast pack. And he does not really slow it down if you know how to move in 6ed. Before the new Eldar codex came out Vect, Eldrad and beast pack was fairly common ... there is something to be said for a fearless blob led by Vect and farseer still. The cost of Vect is high but he adds a lot to your list ... helps determine who goes first, tanks shots, adds fearless, etc. You will need an HQ for your DE regardless. So it will depend on the rest of your list. I'm not advocating Vect, mind you, but in my list, the way it is constructed Vect is the most viable choice. Looking at an HQ in a vacuum it is easy to dismiss Vect. In fact most of my list in a vacuum is easy to dismiss, lol.

Rock.
Back to top Go down
Hijallo
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2013, 20:16

He either "tanks", or "not slows the squad". Also, sometimes you just want your whole squad to move as fast as possible, and not stretch across entire table.

Besides, Farseer with Anaris and Baron will do everything Vect can do. And Baron will also grant the grenades to entire pack - sometimes they matter. May be you've missed it, but Anaris makes Farseer fearless as well.
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2013, 20:50

Well aware of it. I use spirit stone of anath'lan on my jetseer. I'll try your way for one game. i have a Baron model. Seems it might work well too.
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2013, 22:57

Oh yeah! O also use the baron. Stealth, +1 to choose your turn, grenades, hit and run.
I love hit and run. It is a great way to use the extra movement that it can provide. Whether it is catapulting further in to the enemies dz, going to a better defensive postion (usually cover), getting closer to contest or move back to support your lines etc... I always take the baron.

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 18:00

Seer can take multiple eqiupment from Remnants section. But no artifact can be taken twice (or more times). Nothing prevents you from runnin Anaris + SS, besides the fact spirit stone isn't exactly must have wargear, but, in case of Beast packs, Anaris is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wraithknight as Beasts support?   Wraithknight as Beasts support? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wraithknight as Beasts support?
Page 1 of 1