THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar

Go down 
+7
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
abjectus
Aroshamash
GrenAcid
Xelkireth
Local_Ork
Zehra
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Zehra
In Exile

Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 19:40

The title explains my question, I've been looking at model pictures and artwork of Dark Eldar and Eldar and one of the things I notice is the schlera or 'whites' of Dark Eldar's eyes are black. What are some of the other physical differences between them and their Craftworld cousins?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 19:46

According to Codex, we are higher and more muscular than Space Elves.

Also, no psychic power. Well, less psychic power due to lack of training and... "excluding" those with psychic potential.

I also believe they are quite similar, kinda like Eskimo, Native Americans and other "separated" cultures.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12 2011, 22:33

Local_Ork wrote:

Also, no psychic power. Well, less psychic power due to lack of training and... "excluding" those with psychic potential.

I also believe they are quite similar, kinda like Eskimo, Native Americans and other "separated" cultures.
There's not much more I can add to this. Dark Eldar also tend to outlive Eldar, from what I've gathered across the books and codices, as far as "natural" lifespan goes.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 00:07

Xelkireth wrote:

There's not much more I can add to this. Dark Eldar also tend to outlive Eldar, from what I've gathered across the books and codices, as far as "natural" lifespan goes.

Since they feed upon souls its kinda "natural" Twisted Evil I remember there was no significant diffrence in aperance....we had that DE scorpion guy in Path of Warrior and we wasnt much diffrent than other Eldars.

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Aroshamash
Sybarite
Aroshamash

PostSubject: Re: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 06:22

Personally, I don't see there as being much of a difference. Sure, the DE's psychic potential has stunted, but is still partially there, and they're more fit most of the time, but that's due mostly to lifestyle rather than any inherent trait. Even the eyes would be largely similar, with the DE having no visible white simply due to their location making the pupil expand, rather than evolution actually removing it.

To me, the only 'real' difference is psychological, with the DE choosing to explore their entirety of existance, rather than limiting themselves. The Craftworlders are terrified of what they are, and thus utilise the Path to "de-Eldar-ise" themselves, whereas the Commorrites see no excuse to change what they are. They are the inheritors of the galaxy, beholden to nothing, and no "god" will dictate how they live their lives.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13 2011, 08:58

Some pictures show the eldar with black schlera, and a few show dark eldar with white (lelith's eyes are easiest to tell, besides cover of old codex). The high elves in fantasy are also shown with completely black eyes in most pictures in there army book. Maybe eldar eyes turn black when they lose control of emotions? Lelith is just to cold blooded to lose control, so her eyes don't turn? or some artists missed memo on eye colour. I think the most likely answer is the eldar all have the same eyes, but the dark eldar are in darker areas, so the pupils have expanded to entire visible portion of eye.
Back to top Go down
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!
Kabalite Warrior
Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH!

PostSubject: Re: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2011, 03:03

Zehra wrote:
The title explains my question, I've been looking at model pictures and artwork of Dark Eldar and Eldar and one of the things I notice is the schlera or 'whites' of Dark Eldar's eyes are black. What are some of the other physical differences between them and their Craftworld cousins?
I have noticed that as well, but I recently realized the importance of the lines about the Haemonculus being called upon for body modification in the Codex.

There aren't any major differences between any Eldar. The Dark Eldar just feel more free to, for instance, tattoo the schlera of their eyes black, dye their hair down to the follicles, or have additional muscle/nerves grafted on.

It's a pretty clever way of allowing whatever paint scheme DE players can think of to be justified.

In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16 2011, 05:21

Spanna uv Komor-AAAGH! wrote:
Zehra wrote:
I have noticed that as well, but I recently realized the importance of the lines about the Haemonculus being called upon for body modification in the Codex.

There aren't any major differences between any Eldar. The Dark Eldar just feel more free to, for instance, tattoo the schlera of their eyes black, dye their hair down to the follicles, or have additional muscle/nerves grafted on.

It's a pretty clever way of allowing whatever paint scheme DE players can think of to be justified.

Hey, you're right!!! That would explain a lot of differences as being the result of the Haemonculi practicing their 'art' of fleshsculpting....
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17 2011, 23:12

Considering the (implicated) heavy use of steroids among Kabalites and Wyches, not all such differences need be surgical. This sort of substance abuse may result in physical abnormalities in offspring as well, though what the effect over multiple generations may be is anyone's guess.

Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30 2011, 18:17

Local_Ork wrote:

That's not because of natural progression though, it's because they have to be tougher to survive.

Some Eldar may never fight, so wouldn't be as strong. A Striking Scorpion, on the other hand, would probably be even stronger than most Dark Eldar, due to his intense training and heavy armour and weaponry.

"Oh how awful, did he at least die painlessly? To shreds you say? Well, how's his Dracon holding up? To shreds you say? Very well then... Sad, sad, terrible gruesome news about my colleague Archon Mhu'bhutu." - 'The Feather', Dracon of the Bladed Lotus
Back to top Go down
Slaanesh
Hellion
Slaanesh

PostSubject: Re: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30 2011, 18:26

Raneth wrote:
Considering the (implicated) heavy use of steroids among Kabalites and Wyches, not all such differences need be surgical. This sort of substance abuse may result in physical abnormalities in offspring as well, though what the effect over multiple generations may be is anyone's guess.

Well, with true born at least. Regular Commorite Eldar are grown in tubes. you could have a fully grown eldar in about 5-6 years... maybe true born have a wider pupil and regular dont? or vise versa?
Back to top Go down
nurglespuss
Slave
nurglespuss

PostSubject: Re: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22 2011, 12:38

Although, fluff wise, you would think the dark eldar bigger than the eldar, model wise (for now) its not the case.

That shot in the codex of the Howling banshee's clashing with Lelith and wyches, shows the normally elegant eldar to clook chunky and encumbered....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar   Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Physical Differences between Dark Eldar/Eldar
Page 1 of 1