THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NiteOwl
Hellion
NiteOwl

BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau Empty
PostSubject: BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau   BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28 2013, 23:05

This is my first battle report. You will have to excuse me for the bad grammar, english is not my first language. I hope you enjoy it!

DE vs. Tau 1000p

Mission: Crusade
Deployment: Vanguard Strike
First Turn: DE
Night Fight first turn: No
DE Warlord Trait: Conqueror of Cities.
Tau Warlord Trait: Predetor of the Skies
Combat Drug: Splintermind

DE:
Heamonculi Yeanneth
-Liquifier Gun
-Venom Blade

Wracks 9x
-Liquifier Gun
-Raider w. Enhanced Aethersails and Disintergrator

Kabalite Warriors 10x
-Splinter Cannon
-Blaster
-Raider w. Disintergrator

Hellions 15x
-Helliarch w. Stunclaw and Phantasm Grenade Launcher

Scourges (1) 5x

Scourges (2) 5x

Cronos Parasite Engine
-Spirit Vortex

Tau:
Fireblade
-Shield Drones 2x

Fire Warriors 12x

Fire Warriors 12x
-Devilfish

Pathfinders 12x

Crisis Suits 3x

Stealth Suits 4x
-Shield Drones 2x

Terrain
BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau 9DnKHFR
LOSB= Line of Sight Blocking. I am yet to download other terrain peices.

Deployment
BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau YwDFNkF
Deployment DE: The idea is to protect the army behind the LOSB terrain if Tau manages
to Seize the Initiative. Wracks are in the "R" raider and the Kabalite Warriors are in the "RK"
raider. Scourge 1 are to the left and Scourge 2 are to the right.

Deployment Tau: Tau sets up. The Pathfinders deploy upon the ruin roof, granting them
a great veiw of the battlefield. The second unit of Fire Warriors are deployed inside the Devilfish.

Turn 1
BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau OuL4K7S
DE: DE moves up towards the Stealth Suits. The Hellions oblitirate them and granting them Furious Charge and DE gets First blood! The Cronos moves the quickest way forward but is out
of range to shoot at the Pathfinders so it runs three inches instead. The Scourges who now have nothing to shoot, runs instead. Scourge 1 runs six inches (thanks to re-roll), Scourges 2 runs four inches. The Raiders Turbo-boost. Raider R uses Enhanced Aethersails and gains an extra ten inches of movement.

BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau Fl2u0YF
TAU: The Pathfinders turn around to face Raider R. The Devilfish moves six inches, approaching the Raiders. Pathfinders shoots at Raider R and gets five marker lights. Tau uses
four of them to take away the jink save and get BS 5 for the Devilfish. The Devilfish then score three glances and five pens. Raider R explodes. Two Wracks die in the explosion and the rest fail their pinning test. The Fire Warriors standing nearby open fire on the Wracks and Heamonculi.
They unleash a torrent of 36 S5 AP5 shots against (Fireblade+Rapid Fire). When the smoke
clears out, only two Wracks have succumbed. The 4+ cover Save and 5+ Feel No Pain turned
out to be a real saviour. The Devilfish then open fire at the Wracks and one die.

Turn 2
BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau 6TTs6qq
DE: The Cronos countinues straight ahead. Raider "RK" slides forward 6 inches followed
by the Scourges. The Hellions follow suit. Yeanneth and the Wracks are still grounded. The two units of Scourges open fire on the Fire Warriors nearby. Three Fire Warriors die and one of the Fireblade's Shield Drones succumbs. The Kabalite Warriors in Raider "RK" kills three Fire Warriors from the same unit. They also inflict one wound on the Fireblade. The Hellions join in to
feast on the last Fire Warriors. Killing them granting them their final Pain Token-Fearless! The Cronos then tries to fire the Vortex on the Pathfinders. Sadly it scatters and hit the Crisis Suits instead. Two wounds are made but saved by the Shield Drons (pesky 4++).

BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau FRaQp5u
TAU: The Crisis Suits approach the Hellions and one suit takes a wound from Dangerous Terrain. The now lone Fireblade moves six inches away from the Raider "RK". The Devilfish shuffles to the left. The Pathfinders shoots at the Wracks and gets four marker lights on them. The Devilfish uses four of them to take away the Wracks cover save and highten their BS to five. Three Wracks die. The Fireblade runs four inches away from Raider "RK". The Crisis Suits
unleashes three flamers on the Hellions, which should have damaged them severly (18 hits made). But only six Hellions die(YEA!). The Crisis Suits then Jump Pack move eleven inches southeast.

Turn 3
BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau 2MZF8V6
DE: The Raider and Scourges moves forward in unity. The Cronos and Hellions split off to charge the Crisis Suits. Yeanneth and the last Wrack stays in the crater without hope of
survining in the open (and no unit to reach and flame:( ). The Kabalite Warriors in Raider "RK"
kills the Fireblade (Slay the Warlord!). The Raider fires its Disintigrator on the Pathfinders but no fishmen die. Scourge 1 fail to kill any Pathfinders and Scourge 2 runs six inches. The Hellions and Cronos kills one Shield Drone and one Crisis Suit! Cronos charges the Crisis Suits and tanks overwatch (taking one wound). Sadly it rolls to low and can't reach the Crisis Suits. The Hellions charge and kills one Crisis Suit and Shield Drone. The Crisis Sargeant fights back and kills one Hellion. The lone Crisis Suit then makes his Morale Check and the fight contiunes.

BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau Kteh6jj
TAU: The Pathfinders the shoots at Yeanneth and his Wrack. They get three marker lights. The Devilfish then uses three of them to kill my warlord and the last Wrack (Tau gets Slay the Warlord). The Hellions then kills the last Crisis Suit in close combat. They consilodate six inches.

Turn 4
BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau ClMfEXd
DE: Raider "RK" moves six inches forward. Scourges 2 follow suit. The Hellions the move around the ruin so they can charge the Devilfish in the rear. Cronos moves towards the Devilfish. The Kabalite Warriors in Raider "RK", Scourges 1 & 2 kills eight Pathfinders together
(4+ cover save making them hard to shift). The Pathfinders then fail their Morale Check and flee ten inches. The Hellions charge the Devilfish and overwatch does nothing. The Devilfish explodes and kill one hellion and four Fire Warriors.

BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau KWbfto9
TAU: The Pathfinders regroup and moves into the ruin. The Fire Warriors moves five inches (diffifult terrain), placing them between the ruin and the Hellions. The Pathfinders miss their snap shots against the Hellions. The Fire Warriors fires at the Hellions and kills four. They doesn't fail their morale check.

Turn 5
BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau 67SF5d7
Tau folds. Tau: Slay the Warlord. DE: First Blood, Slay the Warlord, Line Breaker. Victory for DE!

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by NiteOwl on Wed Oct 30 2013, 20:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau   BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2013, 09:32

Not sure if it is on my side or not but your pictures are not working.
Back to top Go down
eohall
Hellion
eohall

PostSubject: Re: BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau   BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2013, 17:06

Yeah, they are busted for me too! I'm excited to see the action
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Hellion
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau   BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2013, 23:03

Hmm, they worked this morning. I am using Imgur...anyone know what is wrong?
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau   BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2013, 23:09

I'd assume it's the coding you're attempting to use to link to the images. Try [img] in front of the image link, and [/img} after it, using a ] instead of the }
Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau   BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2013, 10:26

it migth be that you are using the wrong link. if you go to imgur, make sure to use BBCode. 60% of the time it works all the time!
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Hellion
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau   BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2013, 20:27

Hmm, ok. I'll try again.

EDIT: Now it should work.
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau   BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2013, 22:40

You are posting code, and the forum is trying to auto format it not sure why. But as soon as you edit your post, the images will disappear again. If you PM me the urls to the images I should be able to fix it for you in such a way that it doesn't break every time you edit your post.
Back to top Go down
eohall
Hellion
eohall

PostSubject: Re: BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau   BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31 2013, 01:56

Crushing victory! Is that a common list for your opponent to take?
Back to top Go down
NiteOwl
Hellion
NiteOwl

PostSubject: Re: BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau   BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31 2013, 22:10

No this was the first time. Usually he takes something like this:

Ethereal
12 FWs
12 FWs
10 Drones
12 Pathfinders
3 CS with alot of burst cannons
3-4 Stealth suits

In that list he has alot of markerlights, which I fail to kill. That is often why he wins over me. This time he just had one unit with markerlights but they were in cover (4+) and I couldn't reach them with my units unless I exposed them all to his army. So I thought he had me there...but even though he had markerlights throughout the game I got him by the end.

On another note. I have a hard time justifying my two units of Scourges. They cost alot of points and doesn't really bring anything to the table that splinterborn in venoms wouldn't do. Right now I field them because they look gorgeous! But is there any other build/weapon combo that pays off? (opponents never field more than one veichle so AT weapons are not so attractive)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau   BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BR 1: The Venomous Shadow 1000p DE vs. Tau
Page 1 of 1