THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vertigo
Slave

Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question Empty
PostSubject: Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question   Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2013, 14:40

My question is how the Duke and other Dark Eldar corsairs manage to hang out indefinitely in realspace.

Wouldn't they attract a whole mess of Daemons before too long? How do they stop/stall the draining of their souls? Wouldn't they need to a bigger supply of torture victims than their non-corsair counterparts?

IF so, wouldn't that just amplify the chances of Daemons just poppin' left and right in their midst?

If anyone could shed some light on this, it'd be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question   Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2013, 14:48

There is no evidence that I am aware of that suggests that daemons constantly pop out and attack DE who have been outside of the Webway too long. Nor that they are anything resembling a daemon magnet.

The only advantage to being inside the Webway is that it weakens the drain from She-Who-Thirsts.
The only disadvantage to being outside it is the lack of that weakening.

So, anyone spending lots of time outside of Commoragh (like DE Corsairs) could still be spending lots of time in the Webway. The Craftworld Eldar use the Webway quite often and never pass through Commoragh.

Also, yes, simply having a more aggressive collection of souls would also stave off the effect, and this is probably easier to do in Realspace, which is where all the souls are waiting to be had.

Finally, we actually don't really know how many souls a given DE needs and for how long. Ancient beings like Vect need thousands a day. But a young DE might only need, say, 1 a week, or if outside of the Webway maybe 2 a week. Still a bigger issue than being inside the Webway, but not a crisis if he spends a lot of time outside either.
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question   Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2013, 19:44

Of course, and pain can be shared, so that one a week might actually be the Saturday afternoon matinee at the Arena.
Back to top Go down
Vertigo
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question   Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2013, 23:25

Ah- I was just under the impression that daemons would be attracted to anything in excess that pertains to their values.

And since Eldar souls are like extra tasty, they'd immediately be interested in any happenings.

I was just under the impression from Path Of The Renegade/Incubi, that any small amount of time spent outside of the webway was very draining upon the Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question   Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15 2013, 23:19

Actually, this is a huge difference between deamons and dark eldar, both live in another dimension, but main differences: dark eldar can come ou when they want, they don't need a psyker or any help and they're fine in this reality. Deamons can't stay in this reality unless they open up a permanent rift over a world that infests this reality to form a realm that's kind of in between both.

In short dark eldar can stay in this reality without being affected like you think. When you're in the webway or in this reality, you still need a dose of souls.

Now Commorragh doesn't represent the whole webway far from it, and it's not the only city either.
You do have eldar type of cities, one is mentioned in the Path of the Outcast. You can also simply have a base somewhere in the webway or you can just hang around in the webway, it's kind of like a network of caves.

Psykers attract deamons, other races who are connected to the warp attract deamons, it's no coincidence that psykers aren't allowed in Commorragh.
Quote :

I was just under the impression from Path Of The Renegade/Incubi, that any small amount of time spent outside of the webway was very draining upon the Dark Eldar.
It depends how much time and what they do in this reality. If these corsairs are very active, of course they're be drained. Fighting makes you tired, but instead of just needing food like normal races, dark eldar also need souls and suffering, once they killed a lot, they come back rejuvenated to COmmrragh, those who didn't kill much come back drained it's to be expected.

In Path of the Outcast you have corsairs made out of a mix of both eldar and dark eldar, the leader is an archon though, but the draining is never mentioned, dark eldar can remain in this reality as much as they want. Still full dark eldar corsairs should still spend quite some time in the webway, even if it's purely for travelling faster or just staying somewhere safe.

Outcasts like The Duke stay out of Commorragh, but they can still spend most of their time in the webway if they want/need.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question   Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke Siliscus + Dark Eldar Corsairs Lore question
Page 1 of 1