THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Transporting our armies

Go down 
+6
Crazy_Ivan
Dark_Kindred
Sulphunet
Shadowharte
Thor665
Heezayy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Heezayy
Slave

Transporting our armies Empty
PostSubject: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03 2013, 19:14

The more my army grows the harder I am finding it to transport my models. The problem is that our armies usually consist of multiple Ravagers, Venoms, Raiders etc which are all very annoying in terms of width height and shape. I was wondering of anyone could recommend a particularly efficient case for transporting Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03 2013, 19:48

I have heard good things about battlefoam and their custom cut trays - it's a rather expensive option but it certainly seems to work.

Since I still use a lot of older models their trays are not so optimal for me. I use one of the old GW hardcases, the big one, and pack it with foam and wadded paper towels. With it I carry my DE vehicles, and comfortably carry 3 Ravagers, 3 Venoms, and 6 Raiders in it. That said, it never stands upright, and is always transported on its side - so depending on your situation that may or may not be workable (also, seriously, never buy one from GW - you can get the exact same type of case for half the price at a hardware store and all you lose out on is the GW logo on it)

I still tend to use 2-3 cases/boxes of varying size to transport an 1850 DE army as we are kind of spindly and fragile and thus take up a lot of room.

Back to top Go down
Shadowharte
Hellion
Shadowharte

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03 2013, 19:55

I was thinking of a battlefoam case, but for an army with around 12 vehicles and all the other oddly shaped models, I was not sure which to get. I was thinking a 720 with a pack plus would not be enough room, but the 1520XL is rather large and expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sulphunet
Hellion
Sulphunet

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 17:03

Honestly, I'm a bit reckless. I just use a cardboard box for my transports. I fit them all in, and hope that the box isn't thrown at all (I've never had that happen either).

The foot models I have just go in a GW case, the large one. One side is foot models, the other is larger models (Scourges, Jetbikes, etc)

Why do we ride atop these elegant craft? The better to hear the screams of our prey as we ride them down, to savour the fear etched on their faces, to taste the tantalising tang of their blood in the air as an appetiser before the feast. But most of all we ride them so that the slaughter may begin as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 17:35

Sulphunet wrote:
Honestly, I'm a bit reckless. I just use a cardboard box for my transports. I fit them all in, and hope that the box isn't thrown at all (I've never had that happen either).

The foot models I have just go in a GW case, the large one. One side is foot models, the other is larger models (Scourges, Jetbikes, etc)
Cardboard boxes are the way to go. I also happen to have lots of work boxes that are amusing in a gaming context, such as "DOES NOT CONTAIN TOYS; KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN" and "DESTROY CONTENTS".

Hellion
Sulphunet

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 18:17

For Fantasy (I play Dark Elves), I put "Beware Matey, here there be monsters" on the side of one of my boxes. Need to come up with some good sayings for Dark Eldar though.

Why do we ride atop these elegant craft? The better to hear the screams of our prey as we ride them down, to savour the fear etched on their faces, to taste the tantalising tang of their blood in the air as an appetiser before the feast. But most of all we ride them so that the slaughter may begin as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 19:15

I made my own from foam I bought from the website efoam. I was able to cut round the venoms, rangers and raiders to make the holes a perfect fit. Will post a pic when I get later this week if you like.
Back to top Go down
Dark_Kindred
Kabalite Warrior
Dark_Kindred

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 19:26

Sulphunet wrote:
For Fantasy (I play Dark Elves), I put "Beware Matey, here there be monsters" on the side of one of my boxes. Need to come up with some good sayings for Dark Eldar though.
You misunderstand. My boxes say those things already because I've appropriated them from work...and we happen to have lots of dangerous chemicals and confidential paperwork lying around normally.

Hellion
Sulphunet

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05 2013, 00:35

Oh no, I understood what you meant. It just reminded me of my own box, so I posted it thinking it may give other people some ideas.

Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 01:51

Toilet tissue and a gw case. Seriously my armies never get broken this way. Inside I secure in a corner a separate smaller hard case that I use to pack smaller and more fragile models. In my existence this has been much better than foam which now collects dust.
Back to top Go down
Taffy10
Hellion
Taffy10

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 07:20

Kr multicases,

Got them custom made to carry my whole army, even my rev titan. Not the cheapest but by far the least breakages and safest way I have found, was reluctant to spend the amount they wanted at first but am glad I did as soon as I started using them, before that was the gw/hardware standard cases and arms/ spikes etc were falling off every time

Its all about the pleasure of watching your opponents prized asset crumble to dust..... The look on their face is priceless lol!
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 13:58

Taffy10 wrote:
Kr multicases,

Got them custom made to carry my whole army, even my rev titan. Not the cheapest but by far the least breakages and safest way I have found, was reluctant to spend the amount they wanted at first but am glad I did as soon as I started using them, before that was the gw/hardware standard cases and arms/ spikes etc were falling off every time

No other option. Go with KR Multicase. I have got custom foam for 2 raiders, venom and my razorwing. The stuff is snug as a bug in there and comes in a nice aluminum case. Its expensive but its the only way as far as I'm concerned.

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 14:00

I recently bought one of these and have to say it was a very good buy. Took my army to Nottingham and back (from London) with only the loss of a single arm off a Wych. Bloody Agonisers!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transporting our armies   Transporting our armies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transporting our armies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: