THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?

Go down 
+10
Count Adhemar
Mandor
Khain mor
clively
DingK
Shadows Revenge
Balisong
Gobsmakked
Thor665
Bibitybopitybacon
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 02:35

A rumor on Faeit 212 about the upcoming Lords Of War expansion for 40K says that DE get to use the Eldar Reverant Titan in their army.

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/escalation-and-lords-of-war.html

Now this seems super sketchy to me, but what do my fellow Archons think? Are you looking forward to the possibility of painting up and or kitbashing a Dark Eldar Titan?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 03:07

I already have a Dark Eldar Revenant done up (albeit, nowadays it's more Wraithknight sized, really).

Also, since Eldar are battle brothers to us, and Apoc doesn't use force orgs, we can already use Eldar Revenant Titans in Apoc games. If this random expansion allows super heavies in regular games (which just sounds not that fun) I am not too worried nor do I care much. That's a bit like worrying that Planetstrike isn't balanced.

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 03:31

I would be very happy to paint or kitbash a DE Titan. If I could afford one, given the cost of the recent Tesseract Vault and Khornemower.

But the idea of superheavies in regular 40K games is not that appealing. I already have a hard enough time rolling 1's with my Dark Lances.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Balisong
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 03:51

FYI: the ForgeWorld Horus Heresy: Massacre book already has rules for the use of "Lords of War" in non-apocalypse games.

It's a Force Organization chart that essentially pits 1 superheavy vs an equivalent point value of standard units.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 14:18

well the Lords of War slot is added to the FOC for 1 super heavy per primary army. The reason its used in the Heresy is because a primarch should be too powerful to be an HQ, so FW had to add something to show how good a primarch is. Add in other average super heavies and, for the right price, titans, its suppose to give you that "bigger and better" feeling that 30k susposably has.

As for us getting a titan, its just GW not trying to leave us in the dark again, but not supporting us with a new model. They know it doesnt make sense for DE to have a titan, but they didnt want to make a new model for us, so just throw in that we steal Eldar titans and BAM, profit without ticking anyone off... Lazy if you ask me

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 15:46

I actually think that titans make sense for DE. Certainly the Revenant does, which is described as a very fast moving and elusive titan that strikes from the shadows.

Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 16:45

Here's to a plastic Eldar/Dark Eldar Titan dual kit. One can always dream.
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 22:59

Not sure if I like this idea.

DE is a very different army than Eldar... We don't do defense and instead prefer lightning style raids. Taking a titan in a DE army, at least to me, is akin to throwing down an Aegis line; it's just not something a DE army should do.

However, if they continue to merge the two like this then it seems to me like DE would be destined to to end up as a "codex supplement" instead of having our own book. Kind of like what happened to the Templars.

Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15 2013, 00:07

all the recent rumors Faeit mentioned on dark eldar were wrong, so if you still want to believe this crap, go ahead. I don't think it's believable till I see it, it doesn't fit the fluff either, dark eldar simply don't use titans, just like tau only use big huge flyers, we only use either flyers or big huge skimmers.

Dark Eldar don't use wraithbone constructions, carftworlders, corsairs and harlequins do.

No such thing as a revenant or whatever dark eldar titan, just like there's no dark eldar avatart, it's just a normal avatar. same for harlies, no dark eldar harlies, they're just harlequins.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15 2013, 10:46

Khain mor wrote:
all the recent rumors Faeit mentioned on dark eldar were wrong, so if you still want to believe this crap, go ahead. I don't think it's believable till I see it, it doesn't fit the fluff either, dark eldar simply don't use titans, just like tau only use big huge flyers, we only use either flyers or big huge skimmers.

Dark Eldar don't use wraithbone constructions, carftworlders, corsairs and harlequins do.

No such thing as a revenant or whatever dark eldar titan, just like there's no dark eldar avatart, it's just a normal avatar. same for harlies, no dark eldar harlies, they're just harlequins.
Why not? It's a cheap solution to provide at least something for the Dark Eldar in the upcoming expansion. We have no suitable Lord of War and in the last Apocalypse book Dark Eldar was already lumped together with Eldar.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15 2013, 10:49

Had a mooch around the Hall of Miniatures at Warhammer World at the weekend and they have a Revenant Titan in there. It's really not much bigger than the Wraithknight so if this is going to be introduced to our list then I'd just proxy it with a WK model. Personally I hope that this is not going to happen though. If I want to play Apocalypse I'll damn well play Apocalypse!

Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 11:00

I can confirm that the Revenant Titan is our version of a superheavy, they don't even try and justify why Dark Eldar use, they just almost juxtapose it in a few battle scenes. Escalation will be interesting.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 12:50

Khain mor wrote:

I agree that DE don't use titan like constructs completely made of metal and powered by electricity or power sources alike. These constructs are, dead or well, not living.

But it could be something alive! I believe Haemons can get crafty and perhaps stitch together some crazy amounts of flesh and creatures and support it with armour, bracings, tubes and vials, a lot of drugs and oddities. Such crazy project of extreme art would with no doubt suit any wealthy(or sponsored) haemonculus!

I'm talking about titan talois! Giant squids! Hovering, walking or w/e.

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 13:06

I am not averse to a metal construct titan (though oodles of grisly flesh wrapped around it wouldn't hurt), but it would have to be suitably powered by say a chained black hole at its heart? Or a million souls anguished screams powering its limbs.

The problem is if it becomes a straight port from eldar.

My opinion anyway.

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
KiriONE
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09 2013, 14:18

I'd love to see a super big grotesque or a super pain engine instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?   Dark Eldar Revenant Titan? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Revenant Titan?
Page 1 of 1