THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1st & 2nd Outing - Kill Team (vs Blood Angels & vs Eldar)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bennett
Slave
Bennett

1st & 2nd Outing - Kill Team (vs Blood Angels & vs Eldar) Empty
PostSubject: 1st & 2nd Outing - Kill Team (vs Blood Angels & vs Eldar)   1st & 2nd Outing - Kill Team (vs Blood Angels & vs Eldar) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2011, 11:14

Finally got to have an outing with my Dark Eldar and I love them is all that can be said. Having only a small collection and still learning the game we decided to have a little game of kill team.

Restrictions for kill team are as follows for those that are unfamiliar (All in Battle Missions Book)

0-1 Elite
0-2 Troops
0-1 Fast Attack

200pts and on the table each model acts as an individual unit and all attacks can be split between multiple targets. Once a kill team is down to 50% they must take a leadership test on their turn to see if the whole team flee the battle.
Each player deploys in opposite quaters (We palyed on 3 x 4 table) and must be at least 9" from the centre.

I decided to just go for numbers and what models I have so took the following:

8 Wyches - No Upgrades
6 Kabalite Warriors - No Upgrades
3 Reavers - No Upgrades

200 points exactly.

1st game was againt Blood Angels and my opponent had written two lists to try in kill team so rolled off to see which to use. Turned out to be 5 Terminators and having no upgrades I thought I was going to be struggling. Luckily I rolled Adrenalight on the drugs table.

BA deployed first placing his 5 terminators in 2 groups either side of a courtyard ruin in his quater.

I deployed my warriors along the side of the courtyard in my quater in cover and the wyches all to one side out of sight of the terminators. The Reavers were split one to my right and two further back to my than the wyches to my left.

BA took 1st turn and staggered towards me managing to shoot off 3 of my warriors out of their cover and another two terminators managed to pick off one of the team of two reavers through their cover.

My 1st turn and the reavers on the left decided to turbo boost down the left wing over the head of a terminator to try for a couple of cheeky wounds with the bladevanes. Managed one but armour saved. Each warrior fired in turn now in rapid fire range. Around 4 wounds caused and hoorah! 2 terminators failed their armour save so my opponent was down to 3. Wyches ran out from behind the building, ran towards the nearest terminator and two managed to get in to combat. Couple of wounds caused but all saved. BA struck back but the agile wych dodged the power fist.

BA turn 2 involved more staggering forward and the shots managed to drop another warrior with shooting, Combat continued with much fo the same, Terminator saving and the wych dodging. Could be a long game.

My turn 2 and the other 6 wyches managed to get into combat with the other 3 terminators by being able to split up. The reavers came back into the fray and got into a combat each and the two warriors that now had pain tokens moved out to join the closest combat. Combat this round saw sheer number of attacks and poor rolling from the BA meaning all the terminators dropped this turn before they could attack back.

A resounding victory on my first time using DE. I believe sheer numbers won this battle and the poor rolling of my opponent probably ended the game sooner than it should have done. On after thought with my opponent we think he must have made around 12 saves and failed 5 others. Good game and well worth a try for a bit of fun.

http://wargamerdad.blogspot.com/
Bennett
Slave
Bennett

1st & 2nd Outing - Kill Team (vs Blood Angels & vs Eldar) Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st & 2nd Outing - Kill Team (vs Blood Angels & vs Eldar)   1st & 2nd Outing - Kill Team (vs Blood Angels & vs Eldar) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15 2011, 11:15

Place Holder for Game 2 but time to do some work Very Happy

http://wargamerdad.blogspot.com/

1st & 2nd Outing - Kill Team (vs Blood Angels & vs Eldar)
Page 1 of 1