THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army Empty
PostSubject: 500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army   500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21 2013, 04:59

so, my friend is wanting to start Slaanesh Daemons and here is my list idea for a cheap 500 pt list

1X Keeper of Secrets – Exalted and Greater Rewards
Pt: 220

1X Alluress – Lesser Rewards
13X Daemonettes
Pt: 141

1X Alluress – Lesser Rewards
13X Daemonettes
Pt: 141

Pt: 501

the 1 extra pt doesn't matter since this will be a for fun list

the total price of the army... if some of the stuff is bought on ebay... should be about 125-115 dollars
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army   500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2013, 03:23

It's not a bad base starting point. Looking at it as a building towards a bigger Slaanesh army it is also in a good place, and for 500 points it should be fun and perform reasonably well.

You could probably go even cheaper and stick with functional units by going with a Daemon Prince for the Warlord - this is another very standard and very solid unit, and would also give your friend a chance to learn about playing a FMC. That said, a bit of that depends on, potentially, what sort of end result army they want to play. Another option, since you're already buying 28 Nettes, is to just go with another box or two and kitbash some Heralds and teach them the joys of swarming Daemonettes.

I do like your build though, it is basic, solid, and affordable.

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: 500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army   500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22 2013, 18:24

alright thanks Thor, Also I thought at 1000 points, we could just make them 15 men deamonette squads and have 3 of them, and probably a herald with each squad, and whatever else we can throw in.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army   500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26 2013, 06:33

That could work. Your friend does have an advantage insomuch as, across the board, the Slaanesh alinged stuff is all pretty good right now. Khorne and Nurgle both have a handful of stinkers, and even Tzeentch has some substandard stuff when compared to Slaanesh, whose whole line is pretty much above average in every category. I think the only suckfests for Slaanesh are the chariots and Masque.

Conversely Slaanesh probably has the best DPs (the only competition is Tzeentch) and the second best Soulgrinder (and though the Nurgle one is probably better - there is room for debate there). With Screamers, Fateweaver (arguably the single best unit) and Khorne Hounds out there as solid contenders, but pretty much everything else that is really good is Slaanesh. So it's a solid mono god pick.

I also post on a Daemon board and someone asked what was 'good' for 40k Daemons right now. my quick answer is being lauded as pretty solid as a basic guide.

Quote :
Well, in a very quick and overarching look;
Base Heralds are all pretty decent, named Heralds not named Skulltaker are all pretty meh.
Princes are good.
Greater Daemons are mostly good...albeit mostly to get Princes into Heavy slots.
Because Princes are good, did I mention that?
The Fast slots are, pretty much across the board, good with the Khorne Dogs and Screamers as the standouts there. Even Furies are pretty solid.
The Hellflayer, however, is garbage. Pretty looking, but garbage.
The Elites are, pretty much across the board, substandard, with Fiends maybe being the closest thing to an exception to that rule.
All of our Troops are, barring Nurglings, pretty good. Plaguies make good objective sitters, Nettes are good quick assault tools, Horrors are really solid shooting and about the A+ option out of the Portalglyph, Letters are...okay and probably the 2nd weakest. Nurglings are fun to paint.
The best Heavy slot is Daemon Princes, have I mentioned them as good? They are.
Soulgrinders are the next best, the Skull Cannon is okay, and the Chariots are all pretty meh with a side of terrible.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army   500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

500 PT Chaos Daemon starter army
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: