THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar/Deldar synergy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hannibal.Lictor
Kabalite Warrior

Eldar/Deldar synergy Empty
PostSubject: Eldar/Deldar synergy   Eldar/Deldar synergy I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21 2013, 09:25

Ok, so I am a mostly Eldar player and I have been picking up DE as allies (Tau is for Noobs Smile.) Most often I am running a Spiritseer Council, two knights and a changing list of other what not. I wont go into units like the Venom with blasterborn, ravagers and beastpacks. I think these have been covered and are pretty much no brainers.

I would like to talk about some of the more exotic blends. One of my favorites is Vect. Ya, I know, I know, dude is 240 points. However these days he is SO worth it. Being able to steal on a 4 up is priceless and really wins games for us. Alpha striking is key as we really need to burn down some of that other side's dudes with a quickness. There are so many White Scar players right now (atleast in my local META and we have some very competitive play), its nice to blaze down those scout moving grav guns o' stoopid before they can unzip. Beyond that, Vect wrecks face. So back to that council I run, its 4 SS and a FS. Typically I can get a quicken or 2 and thats really what I am looking for. Oh and atleast a single protect, because I am running him with some Icubi. Basically I have these guys, the two knights and a beastpack/shinning spears cruising around. It really messes with target priority, and if they go for the Vect posse, they can have a 2++/2+ rerollable save. The amount of fire they can absorb is pretty silly, and on the charge (quicken lets you run +3 and stacks up to 3 times so you are looking turn 3 or so to be in a$$ kicking mode. Ill leave alone the Horrify/Psychic Scream stuff.

If the Dias could hold the seers, I would so pay the 200 points for it. Most people can not deal with 13 AV very well currently. It actually can work. Aside from those damn grav guns.

The other dude I love is the Duke. Deep striking a raider load of Elf hate is just beautiful. I find his mobility lends itself to a sweet pairing with my mobile eldar forces. I try to divide and conquer with him. You know move around the first turn or two and try to seperate some of the weak sheep off and then dive bomb this bad a$$ onto the thunderfire lameless.

Thats about it this eve, Ill check with you later to see if this makes any sense to any of you.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Deldar synergy   Eldar/Deldar synergy I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2013, 07:30

Do vanilla Eldar have any way to negate Deep Strike? Something akin to a Teleport Homer or a Locator Beacon? I run a Sliscus Deep Strike list too, and that would be a valuable addition.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Deldar synergy   Eldar/Deldar synergy I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2013, 09:31

Hannibal.Lictor wrote:
I would like to talk about some of the more exotic blends. One of my favorites is Vect. Ya, I know, I know, dude is 240 points. However these days he is SO worth it. Being able to steal on a 4 up is priceless and really wins games for us.
Spend another 100 points on an Inquisitorial Detachment with Coteaz and you get to reroll that 4+ Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar/Deldar synergy   Eldar/Deldar synergy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar/Deldar synergy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: