THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer

Go down 
+11
Teetengee
The_Burning_Eye
Khain mor
thesaltedwound
Squidmaster
spellcheck2001
Lord_Alino
average joe
facelessabsalom
Darthvegeta800
SERAFF
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26 2013, 08:48

I'm collecting Dark Eldar together with my friend. The army consists 50/50 from my and his models. He prefers to paint them and I prefer to play the games and take part on local tournaments.

We are fond of assembling models and customizing them. And we choose it rather than painting, so most of our models unpainted or have a minimal color scheme, which is required for gaming.
On the other hand me and my friend have made some conversions which I find interesting and I will gladly share with you.

Last edited by SERAFF on Sat Sep 19 2015, 14:52; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26 2013, 08:59

For the beginning here is the reaver gang with the slightly modified arena champion.
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 8j04u_10
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer Xpi_uw10
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer Zn3rzt10
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer Jb80fd10
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer Kzbx7a10

It is our 1st color scheme similar to the Kabal of Obsidian Rose. We decided to change the scheme beause it is too mainstream (and boring as I think). Only in our local club we met 2 or 3 guys with DE armies in such a scheme.
But we didn't find time to repaint the bikers yet.
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26 2013, 11:31

Take a look at our Venoms. The standard one is a little bit boring so we decided to make a couple of popular Viper conversions.
Never mind its colors. It is just a minimal painting in an old red-black scheme.

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 110
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 210
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 310
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 410
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 510
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 610

As you can see there are very common DE bits, which you probably have in excess, but it looks quite fresh. Moreover the open hull of the Viper perfectly represents the fragile nature of the Venom.
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26 2013, 11:36

Here is the 2nd viper-made Venom
I usually put on the rear platform a model, which represents the unit inside the vehicle.

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 0010
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 0111
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 0210
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 0310
Back to top Go down
Darthvegeta800
Hellion
Darthvegeta800

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26 2013, 15:29

Loosk most impressive! Smile An interesting agreement you and your friend have. Never bumped into that before Smile
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26 2013, 23:04

A very simple but effective color scheme, I like it! Keep it up and smart move because of minimal painting Wink
Back to top Go down
average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26 2013, 23:19

Darthvegeta800 wrote:
Loosk most impressive! :)An interesting agreement you and your friend have. Never bumped into that before Smile
Yeah...I could use a friend or two like that.

Nice models.
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 09:05

Thanks for kind words everyone!

facelessabsalom wrote:
A very simple but effective color scheme, I like it! Keep it up and smart move because of minimal painting Wink
Yes, it's minimal, because we had to paint 1500 points army in one night before a tournament. Actually there is a plenty of DE players in my local meta and many of them have the same colors.
I think now we paint better than before, and I will show you the results of our painting experiments as soon as I can.

Darthvegeta800 wrote:
An interesting agreement you and your friend have. Never bumped into that before
I never met that too. But such a collaboration has effective results. We have bought and assembled a big army in short time. By the way I run my 2nd Tyranid army and my firend has a big full-customized army of Orks.
We are constantly buying new modles and in the future we can divide our DE forces in two efficient armies.

Here is our whole collection.
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer Bwywsv10
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29 2013, 09:38

Here is a little part of my zoo (most interesting one).
I know a guy, who casts DE models himself. He has made some Venoms, Jetfighters and a plenty of beasts. After he has assembled everything he need I took the rests of his half made beasts.

The quality was terrible, the guy took the best models for himself. There were bubbles, lacking legs, tails etc. However it was much better then to spend lots of cash for official models and more interesting (challenging as well).

We took green stuff, bits and turned on our imagination.
"...a Haemunculus wanted to make his own Khymerae clons. He experimented on them making there creatures more twisted and horrifying..."

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer EvGI6WiM5aU

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer ExWvH9D1h0c
My favorite model with space marine's chain sword instead of rear leg. Pretty surrealistic.

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer Q6AL_3NEPFU

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer E1D7iFfRHJU

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer J_UL9Y6LhnU

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer WpFwatVvtYk
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29 2013, 11:17

nice models, and as for your collection, I'd say it is impressively big, but how many transports do you have? Did I miss some?

AND GOSH! That Tantalus model is huge! Why would you ever use that!?! Surprised although... it does make a good centerpiece for an army
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2013, 09:09

Lord_Alino wrote:
nice models, and as for your collection, I'd say it is impressively big, but how many transports do you have? Did I miss some?

AND GOSH! That Tantalus model is huge! Why would you ever use that!?! :oalthough... it does make a good centerpiece for an army
Yeah, the collection is quite substantial. But we are rather infantry heavy, because there are not too many vehicles. Only 2 raiders, 4 venoms, jetfighter and a couple of ravagers. And of course the Tantalus!
It is our recent addition to the collection. The Tantalus is really huge and it attracts lots of fire on the battlefield. Most reasonable use of that giant is an anti infantry gunboat with 15 kabalites, Duke and splinter racks. It's too risky to make it an assault units transport, because the enemy will shoot at it at all costs. When someone charges it, the tTantalus will be down as easy as a raider or venom.
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2013, 09:25

Little modification of a standard Venom.

As a DE vehicle Venom is supposed to run over the battlefield at a neckbreaking speed hitting the enemies with lots of poisoned shots. It is fast, fragile and maneuverable. But what do we see on a standard Venom model? The gunner stands still, quietly and boring as if the transport is on a gas station fueling its tanks.

I decided to give a little bit more dynamics. Now the gunner is holding with a hook in order not to fall from the running transport. Take a look.
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer LokkAn1UtmQ
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer HOpWMsX1P-Q
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer Hzg-xDOge3k
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer SO8Kfb76UpI
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10 2013, 10:19

Look at my Baron - it is amazing!
Will be painted soon.

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer JxDxzZh7_to
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 3ZnLvh7vmeU
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer J9oWTlF8PnI
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10 2013, 20:21

I like it! Very hobgoblin-esque. Nice flow to the gs cape too
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04 2014, 11:40

I always use Eldar allies in games, but I don't want them to be boring, perfectly self controlled and sanctimonious craftworlders. All units we using from Eldar codex should be Dark Eldar!
Recently I and my buddie started to build the "Coven Guard", which stats miraculously correspond with Wraitknight's ones.

There are first pictures of the assembly. Arms are not ready yet.

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer PuVtbowEmRg
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer RBMTogMbRY4
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2014, 20:31

Coven Guard is 95% ready. It requires some hosepipes on his back.

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer FB2jw9NHSig
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer XArtdNrJdmM

Heavy Wraithcannons
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer JpiBgPCzaeQ
Suncannon
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer IvZDijM2biQ

Side view
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer B4xOJCUVtGY
Back
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer N0xeQwL9RoY
Big claw and the Scattershield
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer ZSNpXCINdPQ

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10 2014, 21:00

is that the body of a Soul Grinder that I spot with my little eye?
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2014, 07:58

Lord_Alino wrote:
is that the body of a Soul Grinder that I spot with my little eye?

Right you are. And the Big Claw (which supposed to make his 4 attacks Str.10) is also a part of a Soul grinder kit
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2014, 16:58

Sweet conversion. It's really nice and expensive. That's around 180$ worth of kit isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2014, 18:58

I LOVE what you've done there with that Wraithknight!

The Soul Grinder body works really well. Kudos.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11 2014, 21:21

Lord_Alino wrote:
That's around 180$ worth of kit isn't it?
Add to this sum lots of green stuff and some magnets. But I've shared the cost with my buddy. DE army is our common project.

I must say the whole construction can be easily disassembled. Feet are magnetised to the base, body is magnetised to the legs, the big claw is attached to the shoulder. Scattershield is removable and 2 weapon choices are interchangeable. That was our main engineering challenge and it was done well, so the model can be easily transported to any event.

For example next Sunday we have a tournament in our local club and the Coven Guard is expected to be fully painted. Come back later to see pictures!

Squidmaster wrote:
I LOVE what you've done there with that Wraithknight!
Thanks for the kind words!
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16 2014, 12:14

Coven Guard is painted and ready for tomorrow tournament.
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer 4b0Sn6_wwHM
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer CmgRt8q74j0
Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer Mf5bN8u0v60Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer CUJgJqdKyG4
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16 2014, 12:21

Damn I love that SO much.
My one comment now that I see it all done up, is that I've never been sure that soulstones work on Dark Eldar stuff.
But that aside, I love the Soul Crusher/Wraithknight combination. It just looks awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16 2014, 14:30

I'll give you my house for that model!

Seriously, it's really unique and good. Makes me cry.... You grew up so fast...
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18 2014, 12:05

Squidmaster wrote:

My one comment now that I see it all done up, is that I've never been sure that soulstones work on Dark Eldar stuff.

I don't know what are these things for, but I doubt, that they are soulstones. We can find some of them on our Venoms and lots of them on Razorwing Jetfighters. I think these stones (or drops whatever) are parts of a common Eldar technology, which is used by both sides.

Lord_Alino wrote:

Seriously, it's really unique and good. Makes me cry.... You grew up so fast...
Thanks, master Embarassed

Last edited by SERAFF on Tue Aug 19 2014, 13:06; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer   Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of Blow Blackberry Hammer
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next