THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Should poison ignore FnP?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
meep277
Slave
meep277

Should poison ignore FnP? Empty
PostSubject: Should poison ignore FnP?   Should poison ignore FnP? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 05:28

I mean, Dark Eldar poison shooting forces blood vessels to get huge, and pop a person right? Shouldn't that ignore FnP?
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Should poison ignore FnP? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 05:48

What qualifies FnP?

It's an abstract game concept. DE get it because they are sucking soul energy to stay alive.
Plague Marines get it because they are shambling zombie monsters.
Space Marines get it due to a highly skilled medical technician with state of the art gear standing by to help them.

If we wanted to start debating reality than maybe Plague Marines should be totally immune to poison, as should Wraithguard/lords/knights. Meanwhile DE shouldn't be allowed it versus anything causing instant death because if they're dead they can't suck soul energy.

It is simple a game mechanic designed to be simple and straightforward. No more, no less. I have no issue with it working on poison if it means I can take FNP saves versus plasma and missiles.

Back to top Go down
meep277
Slave
meep277

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Should poison ignore FnP? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 06:00

Y'know, that is a good point. I was just thinking about how DEldar Poison works. But, against Plauge Marines, isn't the DEldar Poison something that'd make their organs swell to point of exploding, not something that would make them weaker, or give them the cold?
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Should poison ignore FnP? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 21:52

meep277 wrote:
Y'know, that is a good point. I was just thinking about how DEldar Poison works. But, against Plauge Marines, isn't the DEldar Poison something that'd make their organs swell to point of exploding, not something that would make them weaker, or give them the cold?
Well if your veins explode, but you don't feel the pain, then the pain itself won't disable you the way it normally would. So yes, FNP against poison is sensible.

meep277
Slave
meep277

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Should poison ignore FnP? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 22:06

Elzadar wrote:
meep277 wrote:
Well if your veins explode, but you don't feel the pain, then the pain itself won't disable you the way it normally would. So yes, FNP against poison is sensible.
But if your organs and junk explode, wouldn't you be unable to fight or anything?
Back to top Go down
Elzadar
Sybarite
Elzadar

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Should poison ignore FnP? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 22:12

meep277 wrote:
Elzadar wrote:
meep277 wrote:
But if your organs and junk explode, wouldn't you be unable to fight or anything?
When they're vital then no, but that is when you don't make your FNP save Wink

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Should poison ignore FnP? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 23:09

Makes sense to me.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should poison ignore FnP?   Should poison ignore FnP? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should poison ignore FnP?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: