THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Nice templates for exploded skimmer wreckage.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Timatron
Sybarite
Timatron

Nice templates for exploded skimmer wreckage. Empty
PostSubject: Nice templates for exploded skimmer wreckage.   Nice templates for exploded skimmer wreckage. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29 2013, 16:33

Just wanted to share with you what I did to make exploded vehicle templates for my DE skimmers: I took a sheet of 2mm thick hardboard and drew rectangular and triangular shapes. The rectangles were 6.5cm wide by 16cm long (Raiders/Ravagers) and the triangles were just under 9cm down one edge and just over 9cm down the other two(Venoms). I cut these out with a jigsaw and then used a rasp along the edges to give a slope down to the bottom and rounded corners. Next I took a load of builders grade PVA sealant and covered them apart from the very edges. Onto this I spread the little stones and fine gravel from the Citadel basing kit, along with spare sails,prows etc. from the Dark Eldar vehicle kits. I also found the Warriors/Wyches that are meant to hang on the sides to make great casualties if you posed them correctly, Some of these larger elements were superglued in place. I let them dry overnight, shook off the excess gravel and sprayed them black. They are then pretty much ready for tabletop use, although obviously I do intend painting them more when I get the time.jocolor 
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Nice templates for exploded skimmer wreckage. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice templates for exploded skimmer wreckage.   Nice templates for exploded skimmer wreckage. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29 2013, 17:02

Cool. Got any pics? Want to do something along these lines myself

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk

Nice templates for exploded skimmer wreckage.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: