THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Randozart
Hellion
Randozart

1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list Empty
PostSubject: 1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list   1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2013, 11:18

I've recently come back from Japan, having "lived" there for about 3 months and also having visited one of the only two Games Workshops in Japan. So now that I've returned I've picked up assembling my first army again by spending slightly over 200 Euros to what is not even a 1000 points list. After that however I started to look critically at my current list and decided it may need a bit of tinkering.
This led to the following result:

1749/1750 Pts.

Eldar:

HQ (115pts):
Farseer w/ Runes of Warding, Singing Spear (115pts)
Notes: Stick with Wych squad in ravager together with Haemonculus.

Troops (350pts):
Wraithguard w/ D-scythe(350pts)
* Wave Serpent w/ Shuriken Cannon, Twin-linked Eldar Missile Launchers
Notes: After firing at opponent, tie up opponent with melee unit if they survive and pose a threat.

Heavy Support (189pts):
Dark Reapers w/ Reaper Launcher, Starshot Missiles (189pts)
* Exarch w/ Fast Shot, Night Vision, Eldar Missile Launchers, Flakk Missiles
Notes: Stick behind Aegis Defense Line and handle quad-gun. Multi-Purpose, kill vehicles and pin opponents if that role has been expended.

Fortifications:
Aegis Defense Line (100pts)

Dark Eldar:

HQ (65pts):
Haemonculus w/ Shattershard (65pts)
Notes: Stick with Wych squad in ravager together with Farseer.

Elites (225pts):
Incubi (225pts)
* Klavex w/ Demiklaives, Onslaught
* Venom w/ Splinter Cannons
Notes: Use as hammer when unit of Wyches is tarpitting opponent.

Troops (600pts):
Wracks x3 (95pts)

Wracks x3 (95pts)

Wyches (125pts)
* Wych w/ Shardnet and Impaler

Wyches (125pts)

Wyches (160pts)
* Hekatrix
* Raider w/ Dark Lance
Notes: Entourage for Farseer, Haemie for extra pain token.

Heavy Support (105pts)
Ravager w/ Dark Lances(105pts)
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list   1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2013, 14:26

Unfortunately your allies can't ride in your primary detachment vehicles, so the Farseer will have to find somewhere else to go. Also, your allied detachment is actually illegal as you don't have a Spiritseer to make the Wraithguard troops.

After tweaking those problems, I'd say you need to address your serious lack of anti-armour capability. You have just two models capable of penetrating AV 14, not including the Wraithguard and Farseer (who shouldn't be doing that anyway) and have over 400 points invested in wyches with no haywire grenades. I'd say drop the Shardnets and give them haywire instead on the small squads, it costs the same. More lances generally would be a good idea too.

I'd be inclined to swap the missile launcher on the Wave Serpent for a scatter laser myself, it makes it much more reliable in terms of damage output when you have a twin linked weapon that can twin link all the other weapons!

Five wyches won't tarpit your opponent the way you're hoping they will I fear. Those that don't die to overwatch will swing, scrape some paintwork off some armour then be headbutted into a fine paste, invulnerable save or not. Those Incubi are also very expensive and not terribly survivable, especially if they're charging through cover (no grenades).
Back to top Go down
Randozart
Hellion
Randozart

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list   1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2013, 14:36

Hrm, I see your points there. It's mostly a deviation from an earlier list I made a while back which would technically fix those issues, but for some reason it doesn't feel as powerful as it could potentially be. Also I do believe an HQ can ride an allied dedicated vehicle as long as the HQ is an independant character and connected to the squad in question. That aside, I'd like to hear you opinion on my previous list for that matter:

1699/1700 Points:

Dark Eldar Primary:

HQ (75pts)
Haemonculus, Shattershard, Liquifier Gun (75pts)

Elites (175pts)
Incubi (175pts)
* 5x Incubi (110pts)
* Venom, Splinter Cannon

Troops (565pts)
Wracks, Liquifier Gun (135pts)
* Venom, Splinter Cannon, Nightshield

Wracks, Liquifier Gun (135pts)

Wyches (150pts)
* 7x Wyches,
* Wych with Shardnet and Impaler
* Raider, Disintergrator

Wyches, Haywire Grenades (125pts)

Heavy Support (315pts)
Ravager, 3x Dark Lance, Nightshield (115pts)

Eldar Allies:

HQ (105pts)
Farseer, Runes of Warding, Singing Spear (115pts)

Troops (51pts)
3x Windrider Jetbike (51pts)

Heavy Support (293pts)
Dark Reapers (293pts)
* 7x Dark Reaper, Starshot Missile (266pts)
* Exarch, Eldar Missile Launcher, Fast Shot, Night Vision (27pts)

Fortification:
Aegis Defense Line, Quad Cannon (110pts)
Back to top Go down
Randozart
Hellion
Randozart

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list   1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02 2013, 15:32

New edited list with some advice from forum chat box.

1749/1750 Pts.

Eldar:

HQ (115pts):
Farseer w/ Runes of Warding, Singing Spear (115pts)
Notes: Stick with Wych squad in ravager together with Haemonculus.

Troops (240pts):
Guardian Defenders w/ Eldar Missile Launcher (120pts)

Guardian Defenders w/ Eldar Missile Launcher (120pts)

Heavy Support (189pts):
Dark Reapers w/ Reaper Launcher, Starshot Missiles (189pts)
* Exarch w/ Fast Shot, Night Vision, Eldar Missile Launchers, Flakk Missiles
Notes: Stick behind Aegis Defense Line and handle quad-gun. Multi-Purpose, kill vehicles and pin opponents if that role has been expended.

Fortifications:
Aegis Defense Line (100pts)

Dark Eldar:

HQ (70pts):
Haemonculus w/ Shattershard, Venom Blade (70pts)
Notes: Stick with Wych squad in ravager together with Farseer.

Elites (225pts):
Incubi (225pts)
* Klavex w/ Demiklaives, Onslaught
Notes: Use as hammer when unit of Wyches is tarpitting opponent.

Troops (600pts):
Wracks x3 (95pts)

Wracks x3 (95pts)

Wyches (125pts)

Wyches (125pts)

Wyches (160pts)
* Hekatrix
* Raider w/ Dark Lance
Notes: Entourage for Farseer, Haemie for extra pain token.

Heavy Support (210pts)
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list   1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 08:51

Randozart wrote:
Also I do believe an HQ can ride an allied dedicated vehicle as long as the HQ is an independant character and connected to the squad in question.
They definitely can't, sorry - page 112 of the rulebook - "However, note that not even Battle Brothers can embark on allied transport vehicles." It's a silly rule really, with no real explanation behind it, as you would think anyone who is allowed to join a squad would also be allowed in a transport. Unfortunately it's not permitted though.

On some of the other points, I'd be more inclined to put some Guardians on the Quad gun and the Reapers elsewhere as another firebase. My thinking being that if an opponent gets at your Reapers, you've lost both skyfire elements of your army in one go. The Reapers are also really expensive, and will likely be a bit overkill - five seem to work fine for me personally, and are a bit cheaper.

The Incubi are better cheaper, so that's good, but I'd still be worried that they won't get much done without a PGL Archon. Charging through cover really does make a huge difference to them if they don't have grenades. And cover is a distinct possibility, even against an army without much terrain on the board, as any vehicles you destroy of theirs instantly gives the troops inside something to hide behind if they successfully anticipate that your nasty close combat squad is about to charge them. If they catch something out in the open they'll be fun though, just see how they work for you Smile 

The wrack squads are definitely more useful in squads of five, simply because it's two more wounds on a squad that is a little bit more survivable than the rest of the army. Going to ground on an objective with feel no pain with these guys has saved me in a fair few games! Liquifier guns have always worked well for me too, as they're good on overwatch and for clearing stuff off objectives.

I'd still drop the wych weapons. The rules concerning overwatch and the shardnet, good as it is, mean that the wych carrying it has to be at the front to guarantee they get into base contact to use it. So when the overwatch rains down, she's the first to be removed. It's ten points for not very much gain, if any. Unless you fight armies with lots of monstrous creatures, I can't ever see them being that helpful for you. It's a shame, as I used them all the time in fifth and they were great, but hydra gauntlets are probably the better bet now just for their ability to torrent attacks onto a squad without the need to be at the front of the charge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list   1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 Pts. Dark Eldar/Eldar Hammer and Anvil list
Page 1 of 1