THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Adding some punch?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
No-One
Slave

Adding some punch? Empty
PostSubject: Adding some punch?   Adding some punch? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2013, 01:19

I'm thinking of adding allied Eldar to my Dark Eldar force in the form of Striking Scorpions(some kind of Khainite assassins), Dark Reapers, and Shadow Spectres. I'm stuck trying to decide between an Avatar to keep the culty vibe of my army, blood worship and ritual bloodletting, or going with either a Farseer OR Autarch. Any opinions on which would be a good choice? Best choice?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Adding some punch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding some punch?   Adding some punch? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2013, 09:45

I like the Avatar but with a 3+/5++ save and no Eternal Warrior it's a bit too vulnerable.

Autarch is useful and I've been using the Mantarch version lately which has been extremely good.

My Go To Eldar HQ though remains the Farseer. His psychic abilities and just so varied and useful that I find it hard to make an Eldar list without one.

No-One
Slave

Adding some punch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding some punch?   Adding some punch? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2013, 15:55

I've never heard of a mantarch, so maybe I'm out of the loop. That said, I'm leaning towards a Farseer but I'm not sure how to work one into the fluff of my army.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Adding some punch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding some punch?   Adding some punch? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05 2013, 15:59

No-One wrote:
I've never heard of a mantarch, so maybe I'm out of the loop. That said, I'm leaning towards a Farseer but I'm not sure how to work one into the fluff of my army.
The Mantarch is an Autarch with Mantle of the Laughing God. He's usually got an Eldar Jetbike and a couple of bits of wargear (I take Banshee Mask and Laser Lance) who then charges around the battlefield making a nuisance of himself with a rerollable 2+ cover save Smile

No-One
Slave

Adding some punch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding some punch?   Adding some punch? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08 2013, 16:11

Would a spiritseer with some wraithguard possibly be a better option? I'm still trying to figure out the best option, I'll be including a squad of Shadow Spectres for a mobile but hardhitting force, wyches in venoms/raiders as the main troops of the army, Urien Rakarth and his enhanced grotesques in a raider, a small unit of Incubi in a venom, possibly some Dark Reapers and a unit of Harlequins. Striking Scorpions are also possible but I'm unsure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Adding some punch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Adding some punch?   Adding some punch? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adding some punch?
Page 1 of 1