THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venom or Raider for Blasterborn?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

Venom or Raider for Blasterborn? Empty
PostSubject: Venom or Raider for Blasterborn?   Venom or Raider for Blasterborn? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2011, 19:21

Assuming that the Raider gets Flickerfields and the Venom has a second cannon - which would you choose for a 4 man squad of Blasterborn?

Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Venom or Raider for Blasterborn?   Venom or Raider for Blasterborn? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19 2011, 23:34

Venom.
It's small and have pretty decent AI firepower for duality.

If I can add something about Warriors - for them I would pay more to get FF+SP Raider, 10 dudes and SC+Blaster. More killy, more resilent.
Also 1 darklight shoot is poop, You should have >=3 to feel "save" (now if You would ask why SC and not DL - "heavy" hurt Raider setup.)
Space Marines can do "5 in Razorback" for Troops, we shouldn't.
Back to top Go down
SirTainly
Sybarite
SirTainly

PostSubject: Re: Venom or Raider for Blasterborn?   Venom or Raider for Blasterborn? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2011, 00:03

Yep I've been running the 10 warriors in Raider in the configuration you suggest but instead of the SP I went for Splinter Racks. The problem I've found with this is that in order to get Rapid Fire and make this work really well you need to be <=12" which is charge range so unless you wipe the target off the table, you get thumped in CC.

I'm thinking of trying something different for the squad of blasterborn, using them to kill terminators or other elite units at 18" range hence wondering if the extra DL of the Raider would be good. that said 12 dice from the Venom mean the target has to make more saves improving the odds.
Back to top Go down
http://fortwargame.blogspot.com/
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Venom or Raider for Blasterborn?   Venom or Raider for Blasterborn? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2011, 00:18

Yeah... 12 shoots that allow save > 1 shoot that don't.
Blasterborn can live without AT ride.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Venom or Raider for Blasterborn?   Venom or Raider for Blasterborn? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2011, 02:57

I've run them as both and suspect I'll continue to run them as both in the future. For my money it really depends on what I need for the army, and that changes from list to list.

Back to top Go down
1++
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Venom or Raider for Blasterborn?   Venom or Raider for Blasterborn? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2011, 10:31

I run them in a Venom and often look for the opportunity to disembark (perferably into cover) - Blasterborn pops the tin-can, Venom shoots at the insides
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venom or Raider for Blasterborn?   Venom or Raider for Blasterborn? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom or Raider for Blasterborn?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: