THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First matchup VS Grey Knights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fatlesbian
Slave

First matchup VS Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: First matchup VS Grey Knights   First matchup VS Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 21 2013, 18:22

Hi!

I will face Grey Knights for the first time during the next week, and I need some advice for those guys.
First of all, should I keep my distance and outrange him as a main purpose? I use to play with 2-3 cc squads, ussually grotesques/haemis or beasts, in order to keep my shooting force safe from shotting and distract the enemy, should I keep this tactic or focus entirely on shotting and 1 only unit for counterattack?
Second, should I focus more on poisoned or dissie/lances for dealing with terms or other 2+ saves?
Last, which cc squad would be better suited for grey knights? I won't take grotesques due to instant kill weapons but I doubt between cheap and 4+ saves wyches or incubus for the AP2.

Thank you dark kin!
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First matchup VS Grey Knights   First matchup VS Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23 2013, 14:30

Incubi decent due to higher S and ap2, dissies are good choice for melting termies and foot sloggers but you'll need lances to take out the knight walker thingy. Iirc they can deny invul saves so flickerfields are pointless. From what I gather they are decent in CC so you might be better off focussing on shooting and range instead
Back to top Go down
fatlesbian
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First matchup VS Grey Knights   First matchup VS Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 24 2013, 23:18

I've prepared a list, I would be happy to have some feedback and possible mistakes Razz I forgot to write that we do play with no special characters, just generic cgs and so on (assasins are included anyways)

HQ:
Haemonculus with Shattershard, Crucible of Malediction and Energy Axe. 100P

ELITE:
x3 Trueborn Kabalite with x3 Bláster. 81P
x1 Venom with Dual Cannon and Night Shields. 75P
TROOPS:
x10 Wracks with x2 Liquifier Gun. 120P
x10 Kabalite Warriors with Dark Lance. 115P
x1 Raider with Splinter Racks, Torment Grenade Launcher and Night Shields. 85P

FAST ATTACK:
x6 Reavers with x2 Cluster Caltrops. 172P

HEAVY SUPPORT:
x1 Ravager with x3 Dark Lance, Night Shields. 115P

FORTIFICATIONS:
Aegis Line Defense with Quad Cannon. 100P

Wracks are intended to be footslogging, keeping some objective maybe, and ready to fire those liquifiers, crucible of malediction + torment grenade launcher combo and shattershard to those terminators who wanna some party. My doubt is either keep wracks footlooging or swap them for kabalite warriors, and have those soft guys waiting to rapid fire.

The rest of the army is based on lance weaponry and night shield, for moving steady and outrange him. What do you think in general?

(Sorry for possible mistakes, my list is translated from spanish Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First matchup VS Grey Knights   First matchup VS Grey Knights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First matchup VS Grey Knights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: