THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? Empty
PostSubject: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04 2014, 02:09

Happy New Year everyone!

I thought I would kick off January's pledges thread. Nids are now available for preorder so you never know what you may see in the near future! Furthermore, I'm sure we will see some Christmas gifts going up for pledges!

Ideally, I would love to get the following done:
-3 Razorwing Flocks, 10 space wolf dogs (aka Kymera)
-10 Warp Spiders
-Haemie

And if I somehow have too much time and umph to get stuff done then (super doubtful...super busy this month):
-5 wracks
-Venom
-10 Warriors

I was planning on converting some wyches and spare parts to truborne but I think im going to hold off on my last 2 elite slots I have yet to model anything for until the new dex drops hopefully late this year.  

So whats your plans for this month, heck might as give for the year since its the beginning of the year!

Cheers!
ligs

Denizens and their vows for the month of January (completed in purple):

Ligolski -  -3 Razorwing Flocks, 10 Space Wolf dogs (aka Khymera), 10 Warp Spiders and 1 Haemie.   And possibly 5 Wracks, 1 Venom and 10 Warriors.

Dragontree - paint 1 converted Venom, 3 Reaver jetbikes, and 5 Hellions. Finish an Autarch/Corsair prince conversion, and perhaps 1 squad of Guardians and a Support Weapon and 1 Wave Serpent ... or some Rangers.  BONUS of 7 Trueborn converted and 4 Scourges painted.

Count Adhemar -  finish 1 frakkin' Riptide, 6 Drones and 1 Eldar Wraithknight.

Evil Space Elves - 1 -Blaster Archon, 1 Venom, and 4 Trueborn with 2X Splinter Cannons and 2X Blasters.  Also for 30K, convert and paint 6 World Eater Rampagers, and convert 1 Centurian with a Giant Chain Axe.

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04 2014, 22:22

Thank you very much for doing this Ligolski, I have been laying low a bit lately with the flu.

I am undecided still, I have a tournie at the very beginning of February that I hope I can avoid having to paint something for, for once.  That's actually the theme for my entry - what can I put together that is already painted, I don't care what army it is?

I might end up working on my Bugz, after I see what the new codex means for me.  And I have some more terrain projects on the bubble, so I may do them yet.  Decisions, decisions ....

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Tue Jan 07 2014, 22:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 04 2014, 23:43

Hopefully paint

1 venom (converted from old raider)
3 reaver jetbikes
5 Hellions

Finish converting an Autarch/Corsair prince and paint him and if I have time a squad of guardians and their waveserpent in a very quick shade and highlight scheme.. or some rangers...

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05 2014, 00:15

Despite Gobsmakked kindly marking my vow as complete for December sadly it was not. I therefore intend to finish the Riptide that I started, do the 6 drones that I failed to do last month and also finish my Eldar Wraithknight.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05 2014, 15:52

In my doomed quest to complete my DE while starting a 30K World Eaters army  Mad , I vow to complete the following:

Dark Eldar
-Blaster Archon
-Venom
-4 Trueborn with 2X splinter cannons, 2X blasters

-Convert and paint 6 World Eater Rampagers
-Convert my Centurian with a giant chain axe  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 10:55

Vow not going well this month due to illness and this frakkin' Riptide taking forever to finish. Not helped by losing the head that I painted for it last night, so I've got to do another one. Little chance of completing the full vow now but will try to at least do the Drones once the Riptide is finally done.

ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 03:26

My vow is definitely not going to be made. If I can get my crap together I'm hoping to at least finish the beastpack.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 04:04

Evil Space Elves wrote:
In my doomed quest to complete my DE while starting a 30K World Eaters army  Mad , I vow to complete the following:

Dark Eldar
-Blaster Archon
-Venom
-4 Trueborn with 2X splinter cannons, 2X blasters

-Convert and paint 6 World Eater Rampagers
-Convert my Centurian with a giant chain axe  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Rampagers done:
The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? IMG_20140120_185648868
Love this nut job:
The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? IMG_20140120_185710751
As for the Trueborn and Archon- Oh there might be a lot of unprimed slacking going on...  Mad 

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 09:36

Found the missing Riptide head! Damn thing is now finished and I'll get some pics up at the weekend when I have some daylight to take them in. Onto the Drones...

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 08:22

Riptide

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? P1010159

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? P1010160

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? P1010161

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? P1010162

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 15:29

Hot damn Adhemar! Inspiring awesomeness Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 16:36

Thank you. Took bloody long enough!

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 26 2014, 16:59

Count Adhemar wrote:
Took bloody long enough!
Exactly why mine is still 25% assembled after buying it the day it was released  Mad Mad 

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29 2014, 16:26

Whilst not having the skills of the Count or ESE is always upsetting. being a much less good painter does allow you to paint more I suppose. So I have had a productive January with the 5 hellions, 1 venom and 3 reavers of my vow supplemented by 7 trueborn converted and painted a squad of eldar guardians with support weapon painted and finally 4 scourges painted.

I apologies for the large amount of pictures. (more are available in my shamelessly self promoted project log):

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? WP_20140129_006

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? WP_20140129_005

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? WP_20140129_004

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? WP_20140129_010

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? WP_20140129_002

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? WP_20140129_003

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? WP_20140129_007

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? WP_20140129_009

And appropriately at the bottom the eldar:

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? WP_20140129_011

I think I will take a fortnights break before painting more. Having come from Inquisitor where you need 3 models, squad painting is so damn tiring....
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30 2014, 01:30

^that is certainly quite a haul for the month!
I really like the mixture of old school and current models. Well done!

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 09:56

Drones finished and I've actually started work on the Wraithknight. No chance that will be finished anytime soon. Have you seen the number of gems on that bad boy?!

Pics of Drones up over the weekend when I can take them in daylight.

ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 15:13

Almost finished the dogs for my beast pack...just need touch ups and basing done.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01 2014, 13:48

Drones. Thank god these are relatively quick to do!

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? P1010163

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? P1010164

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? P1010165

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? P1010166

WIP on the Wraithknight. Very early stages!

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? P1010167

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03 2014, 19:24

Such nice painting Count. The lenses on your drones are really very nicely done, great detail work.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03 2014, 22:05

Gobsmakked wrote:
Such nice painting Count.  The lenses on your drones are really very nicely done, great detail work.

Thank you very much. I never used to bother with little things like that but it's the sort of thing that doesn't take that long to do but really improves the final look of the model.

ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 02:16

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? 20140203_205809
The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? 20140203_205855

So here are my almost finished kymera...which are just space wolf puppies painted a more DE style that matches my army nicely

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05 2014, 14:16

Didn't get any of the DE from the vow completed because I was completely consumed by my 30K project.
I assembled a ton of models and painted 8 Rampagers.
The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? IMG_20140112_161020144
The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? IMG_20140125_105458478
The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? IMG_20140126_110405571
The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? IMG_20140204_212900345
The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? IMG_20140204_213002509_HDR
Not a bad haul given my time commitments.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?   The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monthly Vow, January 2014-Bugs are here...do you have enough poison?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: