THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A question of aesthetics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sizzly
Hellion

A question of aesthetics Empty
PostSubject: A question of aesthetics   A question of aesthetics I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05 2014, 15:03

My sweetie picked me up a whole whack of models over the holidays including Incubi and a venom. Yay me! I'm waffling on how to paint the venom. You see, I have a paint scheme for the wyches and one for the Kabal element and their transports are painted similarly. Now I'm going to add a third variant (loosely based on the Kabal troops). So. Should I paint the venom to match the Incubi or the Kabal or, as the fluff suggests that since all the elite pilots are cult, paint it up like the wyches scheme.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://itoysoldiers.com
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: A question of aesthetics   A question of aesthetics I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05 2014, 15:56

I would paint the Venom to match your Kabal if it is going to primarily transport Incubi. I had this same question myself and ultimately decided that Incubi tend to ride in their employers' rides.

I also painted my Kabal and Cult models in the same scheme, so didn't have this question come up!  Razz 

Are your Cult and Kabal schemes all that different? Could you possibly use similar colors in a variant scheme?

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sizzly
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: A question of aesthetics   A question of aesthetics I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05 2014, 16:13

They're pretty different:

Here's the paint scheme for the Wyches:
A question of aesthetics IMG_0544

Here's the paint scheme for the Kabal:
A question of aesthetics IMG_0550

iToysoldiers
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: A question of aesthetics   A question of aesthetics I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05 2014, 19:02

Really different.
I would paint the Venom as the passengers that it will carry most.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Sizzly
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: A question of aesthetics   A question of aesthetics I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05 2014, 19:13

Kk. So probably Kabal then. Although I may ask the question again one I have a sample Incubi painted up.

Which will be a while 'cause I gots other stuff in the queue right now.

iToysoldiers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question of aesthetics   A question of aesthetics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question of aesthetics
Page 1 of 1