THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Asdrubael Vect Conversion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheHiddenAquila
Slave
TheHiddenAquila

Asdrubael Vect Conversion Empty
PostSubject: Asdrubael Vect Conversion   Asdrubael Vect Conversion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06 2014, 18:20

Okay, so I understand it is perhaps a little early to think about conversions, but there isn't a new model out for Vect yet, and I'm not sure when GW will release one.

I've read somewhere about using the body of an Archon, and perhaps one of the helmet-less Kabalite heads (luckily I have a few spare from my battle force). However, I've seen conversions of the character where he has a special kind of helmet that doesn't cover his face, so i was thinking I could use a couple of Wych knives and greenstuff and attach it onto the head, although I'm not sure it's the best option.

With all of that out of the way, there is the matter with his weaponry. This is where I struggle the most for ideas. I was thinking about trimming down a Hellglaive and gluing on a couple of Wych knives and a skull therefore making it the Scepter of the Dark City. The only problem with this is that I don't have any Hellions yet and aren't planning on getting any particularly soon, so I thought I could instead use one of those pole accessories that I have spare from my Raider. (please say if this isn't a good idea, or if there is a better option)

There is also the matter of the Obsidian Orbs. This I have practically no clue about. If anyone has any ideas please help. My friend had the idea of using a soul trap but I didn't think it was quite the right shape.
I guess I could just use Kabalite arms (after removing the weapons) and glue the scepter and orb onto the hands.

The final thing I need help with is the Dais of Destruction. I may not be getting a Ravager for some time, but when I do I want to be sure of how I'm using it and what for. I don't really have any ideas on this for the time being, so advice would be much appreciated.

Although I may seem pretty sure of myself, I haven't got a clue whether any of this would actually work, and would be pleased with all the help I can get.
Thanks for Reading  Smile
Back to top Go down
csjarrat
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect Conversion   Asdrubael Vect Conversion I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06 2014, 18:43

i wouldnt bother with the dais to be honest. if you're taking vect, you want him in close combat which means a lot of the time you're wasting the shooting you pay so dearly for. It also can't take any upgrades like flickerfields or nightshields so in that case, you're better off just taking a raider with upgrades and turboramming into the enemies deployment zone before unleashing hell.
As for the model itself, just proxy him in a few games first. he costs a butt-ton of points so before starting a project, make sure he's gonna be right for your playstyle.
if he is useful after a few games, dive in.
dont forget that there are a lot of suitable parts in the dark elves range from fantasy as well if you need some inspiration
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect Conversion   Asdrubael Vect Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07 2014, 10:43

I have a conversion on the boards some where of my vect... See if I can find it...

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect Conversion   Asdrubael Vect Conversion I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07 2014, 10:47

Here it is...

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t3629-european-team-championships-2012-lists-pics-coverage

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect Conversion   Asdrubael Vect Conversion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08 2014, 07:31

To be honest there are a near infinate ways to convert Vect, you have Dark Eldar, Dark Elves, Wood Elves, High Elves, Eldar, and other bits to choose from Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asdrubael Vect Conversion   Asdrubael Vect Conversion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asdrubael Vect Conversion
Page 1 of 1