THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

20-man Warrior Blob

Go down 
+3
Panic_Puppet
wanderingblade
Martinman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Martinman
Hellion

20-man Warrior Blob Empty
PostSubject: 20-man Warrior Blob   20-man Warrior Blob I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 14:02

Hello, new hopeful DE player here, wondering if it's actually feasible to have a 20-man Warrior group with two Splinter Cannons. I wanted to run a Duke list, and put him with this group in order to completely destroy any infantry it came across. The problem though, should be obvious. It's going to have to footslog it, since the biggest transport we have only holds 10 guys. I feel like it might be ok on a length-wise deployment since I could stick them behind an Aegis line and then have a good threat range, but I just don't know. I posted a 2000 (big for someone new, but we really only play big games at the local store) point list on Reddit before I discovered this forum, and was given some advice by a guy, and one of the things he suggested was ditching this squad. However, I really like the idea of 30-48 poison shots that wound on a 3+, in addition to the quad gun shots. I am looking for a very shooty list since I already play a CC oriented army (Blood Angels). The list this guy helped me make was still fairly shooty, but had a lot of Wracks. I had a list made up...should I go to the list section and post it? Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: 20-man Warrior Blob   20-man Warrior Blob I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 16:55

Yes, I would post the list up in the lists forum and link here.

As for the Warrior blob - I think it would be doable. I've been considering ditching Raiders on my guys. Thing is, that blob would be quite a threat and it is quite frail. Even with an Aegis Defence Line, I'd get used to having to remove the squad quite often. If you're going to run it, I'd bring a lot of other threats like Reavers and Beastpacks that might distract your opponent from pumping lots of AP fire into them.
Back to top Go down
Panic_Puppet
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 20-man Warrior Blob   20-man Warrior Blob I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 17:26

I've run a 20 man blob squad with 2 lances once, but it was the worst possible mission for them so I didn't really get a feel for how well it worked (Relic). Think it could work with all splinter, advancing and throwing down an insane number of shots, but I'd definitely be tempted to put a blaster or 2 in just in case.

Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: 20-man Warrior Blob   20-man Warrior Blob I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 17:35

Well, 20 man warrior blob.

Either it stays behind Aegis Defense Line for its cover save. Or it dies very fast due to Focus Fire.

You have to take some Fortification for them to even work.

Martinman
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 20-man Warrior Blob   20-man Warrior Blob I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 17:50

Here's a modified version of the list I originally made:

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t8567-super-shooty-2000-point-list#91570
Back to top Go down
Bugs_N_Orks
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 20-man Warrior Blob   20-man Warrior Blob I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 18:23

I've used them a bunch and they're a lot better than most people expect. Get them a pain token ASAP and they become pretty resilient against small arms fire. They always need some kind of a LD boost though (Ld 8 is way too easy to fail), so if you're not keeping the Duke with them definitely get them a sybarite. Watch out for fast Template weapons, large blast barrage (try to keep them in area terrain against these), and cover ignoring large blasts (Buffed Riptides, and Swooping hawks grenade packs being the most common), and spread out accordingly if your opponent has any of these. In most games there's other stuff that your opponent will be more concerned about early on than a bunch of "wimpy" warriors (in my list that I use them in it's Beasts, Warpspiders, Talos, and a Wraithknight, in yours it'll be venoms/raiders/ravagers/etc.). Most back field disruption units are themselves pretty fragile (either due to poor stats or low numbers) and coming in next to 20 warriors (with or without 3+ poison) is a pretty big gamble.
Back to top Go down
Dodo_Night
Kabalite Warrior
Dodo_Night

PostSubject: Re: 20-man Warrior Blob   20-man Warrior Blob I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27 2014, 18:04

I have played with 20 man warrior blob with 2 splinter cannons before paired with a haemonculus and put in cover. I can tell you now, it is a hard unit to dislodge and its firepower is steady and brilliant ^^ But usually by the end of the match very little to nothing is left of it but that's alot of firepower that would have otherwise gone in to other units. The psychological factor helps too as your opponent gets worried when you put THAT many models down. The haemonculus adds to the survival factor with his pain token for the unit as well as a liquifier for units that get a little too close and can survive even all that splinter fire (we all have bad shooting rounds).

Slave
jbaidacoff

PostSubject: Re: 20-man Warrior Blob   20-man Warrior Blob I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28 2014, 04:07

I find a 20 man blob with a Haemy to be quite survivable, but not tactically efficient. Much prefer a 10 man squad on a raider with splinter racks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 20-man Warrior Blob   20-man Warrior Blob I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

20-man Warrior Blob
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-