THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Salutations

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stormthroe
Slave
Stormthroe

Salutations  Empty
PostSubject: Salutations    Salutations  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 22:16

Greetings to all!  

I'm pleased to join the Dark City populace, after a recommendation from a close friend pointed me in your direction.  A little about myself, I am currently military and also a very avid martial artist, I enjoy writing of all sorts, and am a firm believer that every man should have varied skills and knowledge, and strive to be a renaissance man of sorts, so  I study many different things just to learn them.  I had been playing Warhammer for about 9 years up until 2 years ago, when I started college.  Originally, I was a Necron player, but at the time I was short on cash, had little access to a decent gaming group, and had also lost in interest in my favorite army thanks to the revamp they were given and so I decided to sell off my supplies and models to fund my freshman year.

Fast forward, I have had some time to adjust, started my own business as a sophomore, and found myself wanting to get back into a hobby that had kept me emotionally and tactically sound thanks to the calming effects it had had on me growing up, and the fact that the close friend who recommended this site and I stayed in close contact and we reminisced about some of the tournaments and Games Days we had attended together over the summer.  However, I wanted something entirely different, something new, and my friend suggested the Dark Eldar in regards to my very...dark personality.  Not that I'm twisted, but events in my past cause me to have an emotional disattachment and rely more on logic in most situations, and it comes off cold and calculating to most.  Also, my girlfriend, longest I've had in a long time thanks to those same events, recommended I try to take up a hobby different than my more violent ones (like martial arts).  My friend also pointed out that I should take up a very tactically challenging army to keep my mind occupied at all times, since I grow bored of things that are repetitive, I find easy, or cliche.  His words exactly, to be frank.

Anyways, what other army but Dark Eldar suits that philosophy, and after some research I decided to restart the hobby and play Dark Eldar to suit all my ideas.  As of right now, I have no models, and will most likely start a Work In Progress thread within a few weeks so that others may follow my progress to these means, but in the meantime I will do what I can to participate in the forums and become involved in the community.  I've done text-based roleplaying before, and the threads here interest me greatly so if anyone can recommend one in particular that needs a player, I'd love to join!

Again, I'm happy to meet all of you and join the folk of this fine forum, feel free to ask me anything you'd like to discuss as I can always afford conversation and enjoy speaking to anyone about generally anything.

Pleasures,

Storm
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

Salutations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salutations    Salutations  I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 00:47

G'day Storm,

It is really nice to hear that you have joined us after what has evidently been a very thoughtful approach to this point in your life. I am quite sure that you mulling will be amply rewarded, DE are a great and varied army to play, and TDC is very much a great community.

I can't speak to the roleplaying side of things, but I am looking forward to the start of your WIP thread.

Welcome to Commorragh.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down

Salutations
Page 1 of 1