THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BoLS September onward

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

BoLS September onward Empty
PostSubject: BoLS September onward   BoLS September onward I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30 2014, 02:29

The title says it all, the official "unofficial" Q3+ release schedule. Though I do remember a lot of people absolutely certain that orks were going to be in 2013 Q3, so I wouldn't get to excited yet.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/01/breaking-40k-starter-boxed-set-details.html

Only time will tell

~ Murdok ~
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: BoLS September onward   BoLS September onward I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 01:59

Modding this off to 'Other News & Rumours'. Gob.

Personally, I cannot see GW replacing or even supplementing Dark Vengeance so soon after its release, nor can I see them featuring Orks again in a starter box so soon after Assault on Black Reach.

I can see them charging for a new, all-inclusive rulebook so soon after releasing all the individual supplements, however.  Evil or Very Mad 

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: BoLS September onward   BoLS September onward I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 14:27

Just out of curiosity why was this shifted over to "Other News and Rumors" this is a release schedule for 40k armies in general. I guess what is the difference between this thread and the Corsairs thread that got to stay put?

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: BoLS September onward   BoLS September onward I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 17:56

I'll obviously let Gobs answer this himself when he gets round to it but DE News & Rumours is normally used for anything directly affecting Dark Eldar with other anomalies such as Eldar, Dark Elves, 3rd party Evil Space Elves and the like allowed in there too, as well as big changes to the game.

This BoLS post was more about a new starter boxed set of Orks and BA coming.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: BoLS September onward   BoLS September onward I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 18:19

Yes, exactly as Sky outlined. If the BoLS post had included a list of releases for the 2nd half of the year that included, or at least mentioned DE, then OK. But it focused only on the rumoured rules consolidation and BA/Ork starter set, so I felt it would be more appropriate here.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
MurDok
Kabalite Warrior
MurDok

PostSubject: Re: BoLS September onward   BoLS September onward I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 21:02

OMG I am so sry guys I totally posted the wrong link. Everybody on this site has 100% rights to totally *face-palm* me. I am really sorry. New rule for Murdok, no more posting after 11:00 pm... things get criss-crossed.

Adeptus Mechanicus - Taghmata Omnissiah & Legio Cybernetica
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: BoLS September onward   BoLS September onward I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 21:42

No worries MurDok, we all loves a good flogging!   Very Happy 

My own rule is no posting after the first Scotch.

So, this is the post you were referring to?
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/01/40k-wfb-schedule-q3-4-and-lots-of-notes.html

Larry Vela on BoLS wrote:

(his earlier post for context) 40K - WFB Schedule Q1-2, and the End of Imperial Guard!
January - Tyranids (Out)

February - Dwarfs (Sighted in the weekly White Dwarf cover)

March - Imperial Knights (Supported with White Dwarf and Dataslate rules support)

April - Imperial Guard (said to be renamed a la the Sister codex to Astra Militarium)

May - Wood Elves

A renaming of such a cherished faction as the Imperial Guard would be a stretch, but seeing the very old "Sisters of Battle" becoming "Adepta Sororita" would be a parallel to going from "Imperial Guard" to "Astra Militarium". The new name isn't so generic and certainly can be trademarked - and we all know how GW love to trademark things.

Knights are said to THE emphasis of March getting lavish coverage via all GW channels, but are NOT in the IG (Astra Militarium) codex.

(and now the post MurDok was referring to)

40K - WFB Schedule Q3-4 and Lots of Notes

Onto Q3-4 2014!

June / July - Orks, Warhammer 40,000 "not 7th" book

July / August - Warhammer Fantasy 9th (book, or boxed set - unknown details)

September - Warhammer 40,000 "not 7th" (Boxed Set - described here)

October - Blood Angels

November - WFB Army (Bretonnia getting the most chatter)

December - Hobbit - Holiday Bundles

Now a couple of notes on this.  One as always these things get more inexact as we go farther and farther out, and GW could certainly have enough time to change up any of these more distant items based on market conditions.

Next, we have seen a general change from most rumormongers denying to now saying that we may indeed see GW update BOTH of their core systems in some fashion this year.  Something I can't ever remember happening before. but the catch is that at least on the 40K these are the "soft" updates meant to tidy things up instead of bringing grand change.  

40K radio is reporting that the 40K "not 7th"book is somewhere lurking in June-July timeframe, and WFB 9th almost certainly isn't taking up 2 back to back months on it's own - so I would assume some slippery reporting in that area.

Simple math is reducing the amount of WFB books left untouched, so if that November slot isn't Brettonia, its either Beastmen, or Skaven.

Last but not least, we have GW slip in a very late year 40K codex, and the two candidates for who's up after Blood Angels is Dark Eldar or Space Wolves.

This is what I reported as being bandied around back in November
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t8229-finally-an-update-on-december-s-releases#88239

Gobsmakked wrote:
January – March, 2014 – Tyranids, Dwarfs, Imperial Guard

April – June, 2014 – Wood Elves, Orks

It then gets a little more iffy, but some speculation is leaning towards:

July – September, 2014 - WFB 9th, Bretonnians, Space Wolves

October – December, 2014 - ???

So, it looks like the overall pattern and order of releases is the same, but with Blood Angels instead of Space Wolves later in the year. And we all know who came after BA last time!

It is so hard to tell anything now, with GW supposedly desperate for sales and emptying cupboards as fast as they can. There is also the new Imperial Knights apparently coming out of nowhere to join the mix (the Imperium's Riptides and Wraithknights, no doubt), and there is much chatter about upcoming major CSM releases in February and again closer to summer - which I am really looking forward to.

The new format and schedule WD will contain new releases and rules updates whenever they become available, so who knows what the schedule for the rest of the year will end up like?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BoLS September onward   BoLS September onward I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BoLS September onward
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION