THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Heavy Monster Tactics

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

Heavy Monster Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Heavy Monster Tactics   Heavy Monster Tactics I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02 2014, 12:11

The idea is the following - we should take a Wraithknight, 2 Taloi, Farseer with Anaris, and a Beast pack with Baron. They are obligatory units. Take additional scoring troops, perhaps something shooty, like Venoms or splintersborns by taste.

The beastpack should be located very aggressively. The monster creatures should also be as close to the enemy as possible. But it is reasonable to place them a little behind some beast models in order to provide cover. Wraitkninght can rely on its invul save. Scoring units can wait in reserve, if they have a little fire power (like windrider jetbikes).

Our huge wall of meat and claws runs forward. The beasts eat light weapon shots, the monsters eat heavy guns' fire. On turn 2 you reach enemy deployment zone with beasts ans Wraitknight and tie some sooty guys in combat. The Taloi will arrive a little bit later and finish the enemy. Windrider jetbikes come out of reserve ans score the enemy objectives.

I tried such a tactic against a powerful CSM list with 2 Helldrakes, deepstriking Obliterators and terminators. It was a friendly 1500 points game.
Despite my Crimson hunter failed to hurt a single helldrake during 4 turns (!), I didn't roll Fortune with my Farseer and lost one Talos on the 2nd turn giving up first blood, it was a clear and sure victory. I will try to find time to write a battle report later.

So I recommend you to try such tactics. It really works. By the way I had not too many units, so this list gives you a chance in a Purge the Alien mission.
Actually I wasn't impressed by the Wraitknight's performance and I plan to exchange it for a War walker squadron and 3rd Talos in future.

Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Monster Tactics   Heavy Monster Tactics I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03 2014, 14:40

This is virtually what my list is...minus Baron...I add a hamie and grots to all that as well...it should have a lot of kick but I haven't gotten to test it yet

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Sybarite
SERAFF

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Monster Tactics   Heavy Monster Tactics I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03 2014, 17:02

for 1500 points I have 2 Taloi, a Wraitknight, Beast-pack-death-star, Crimson Hunter and some troops.
for 1850 it's enough space to add an Archon with Grotesques and show those pesky Tau, who kicks аss!

Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Monster Tactics   Heavy Monster Tactics I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03 2014, 21:07

The list I'm toying with at 1850 looks something like this:

Primary: DE
Archon (huskblade, shadowfield, VB)
Haemie (power axe, liquifier)

4 grots (liquifier) in raider

5 wracks (liquifier) in raider
5 wyches (HWG) in venom (dual SC)
5 wyches (HWG) in venom (dual SC)

Beastpack (4 masters, 10 kym, 4 flocks)
Talos (liquifier, SC)
Talos (liquifier, SC)

Allies: Eldar
Farseer (shard, singing spear, jetbike)

3x jetbikes

9 warp spiders

1 wraithknight

I really think this will be a solid list. I have many units that are good in their own right. Together I think it presents something Eg and I (among many others) multiple targets of opportunity (MTO) which means that your opponent would have some tough choices to make. Could it be better with baron? most likely, but I like that DE have strong HQ choices without using special characters and I enjoy making a grot bomb with the haemie and archon Very Happy

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy Monster Tactics   Heavy Monster Tactics I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavy Monster Tactics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics