THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...

Go down 
+4
whiskeytango
Count Adhemar
Thor665
Gobsmakked
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... Empty
PostSubject: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03 2014, 19:35

Well, February is a WFB month, but along with the "much-loved" new White Dwarf format, GW have said that they will start rolling out a few new releases and rules mid-month from now on, moving away to some degree from their traditional schedule.

And the jungle drums have been hinting at new CSM targets for us later in the month!  Dunno how much faith to put in those drums, and you can always just shoot Longbeards if you want, but it's something to "aim for".

Yeah, yeah, .... I know.

So, what are you going to paint this month? Make a vow, right now, of what you hope to achieve during February and if you succeed, you will get your name highlighted in a luv'ly shade of regal, Commorraghan purple!  We love pics, so show us your progress with some WIP pictures and then some more of your finished product.  

Cheers!

Denizens and their vows for the month of February (completed in purple):

Thor665 - 1 IG Commander, 1 Eldar Farseer, and 1 Baron Sathypants conversion.

Count Adhemar - 1 pesky Wraithknight.

WhiskeyTango - 1 squad of Kabalite Warriors and 1 Archon.

Ligolski - finish 1 squad of 10 Khymera, 3 Razorwing flocks, and 1 Haemonculus.

Skulnbonz - paint 6 converted Eldar Jetbikes, 3 Dark Eldar War Walkers, base 20 Khymerae, 1 Farseer on Dark Eldar Jetbike, 10 Dark Eldar Warp Spiders, and 1 Venom converted from a Vyper.

Evil Space Elves - paint 14 Tactical Marines for 30K World Eaters, and base and apply chains/brass etching on 1 Contemptor Dreadnought.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Mar 03 2014, 22:56; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03 2014, 19:47

I've got three special characters to paint up.

An IG Commander,
An Eldar Farseer,
And my Baron Sathypants Conversion that I've been staring at for far too long.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03 2014, 22:07

Finish the bloody Wraithknight! That's it. And with the number of gems on that thing I'll be lucky to even manage that!

whiskeytango
Hellion
whiskeytango

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 01:08

A squad of Kabalites
An Archon
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 02:20

Count Adhemar wrote:
Finish the bloody Wraithknight! That's it. And with the number of gems on that thing I'll be lucky to even manage that!

Just paint 3 gems a day...and you might make it?  Razz 

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 09:07

There are 50+ just on the legs!  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04 2014, 18:45

So my last vow was aweful...so I need to scale back to be more realistic.

so my list is:
finish beasts
3 razorwing flocks
haemie

Lots more to do still but I should be able to do that at least! (plus I have warmachine to paint now too :/ )

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05 2014, 13:25

Ugh. I HAVE to paint:
6 converted eldar jetbikes (dark eldar riders and bitz on eldar bikes)
3 Dark Eldar War Walkers (converted of course)
base 20 Khymerae (finished last night! Whoot!)
1 farseer on dark eldar jetbike (again, heavy conversion)
10 dark eldar warp spiders (converted from scourges)
(edit) and I forgot another venom, converted from a vyper to match the rest of my venoms. ugh.

All are built and primed, started on the bikes.
A lot to do, not a lot of time to do it!

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05 2014, 14:22

Really doubt I'll get any DE done this month, but I will continue work on the 30K World Eaters.
For February:
- Paint 14 Tactical Marines
- Complete base and apply chains/brass etch on the Contemptor

Anything else will be icing on the cake.

Back to top Go down
whiskeytango
Hellion
whiskeytango

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2014, 20:48

Wip on my vowed Kabalites

The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... Newkabalites_zpsab6ac841
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14 2014, 18:19

I finished my flocks and khymeras!

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18 2014, 14:11

I've managed the base, legs, torso and head of the Wraithknight! Just the arms and weapons to go. I might even make it!

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27 2014, 22:22

Done! And if I never see another gem in my life...

The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... P1010168

The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... P1010170

The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... P1010171

The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... P1010172

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27 2014, 23:35

You missed one!  Very Happy 

No, seriously, that looks excellent Count, and every single one of those gems is brilliant. Very well done, should help you get some pesky Kernigits off the table.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01 2014, 00:49

Sweet gravy that's a ton of GEMS!!!!
I'm now blind.

My new phone that I take pics from died, but I will post a pic of the painted World Eaters Squad tonight if I can up load a pic from the wife's phone.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01 2014, 07:55

Please don't mention the G word. It makes me go a bit... peculiar.

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03 2014, 05:08

Evil Space Elves wrote:

For February:
- Paint 14 Tactical Marines
- Complete base and apply chains/brass etch on the Contemptor

Didn't get around to the Contemptor as I got really distracted by the Scimitar Jetbike squadron. Tactical Marines all done!
Sorry for the cruddy herd shot:
The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... IMG_20140302_193604317_HDR

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03 2014, 08:31

Gorgeous as ever Mr Elves!

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03 2014, 22:58

Yes, that is a great looking squad, very nicely done ESE. Love those jetbikes, too, terrific models.

Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 08:07

Thanks! I hated those jetbike models until I saw them in person. Absolutely fell in love with them Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04 2014, 12:17

That is a gorgeous looking Wraithknight. The attention to detail on all the gems is fantastic and really makes thew whole thing standout.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...   The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Monthly Vow, February 2014 - new Dwarves are here! ..... oh, wait ...
Page 1 of 1