THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn

Go down 
+18
spellcheck2001
punk possum
Crazy_Irish
Omega1907
Plastikente
The_Burning_Eye
Khain mor
Lord_Alino
Dogmar
Jamesy52
BlckRven
Gobsmakked
Evil Space Elves
Cavash
Thor665
Squidmaster
Dragontree
thenick18
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thenick18
Hellion

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Empty
PostSubject: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05 2014, 11:36

Please have a look, I'm looking for a color to add some life to my reavers, and subsequently the rest of my vehicles and army. What would look good with this? I'd likely just color block a section of paneling on the bike.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2012

Last edited by thenick18 on Fri Apr 04 2014, 13:25; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05 2014, 11:41

I think the blue you already have for the control panel or some variation thereof would look great personally.

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05 2014, 12:36

Black goes with anything, and Saim-Hann prove that white goes well with red?

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05 2014, 15:05

I'll second Dragontree on the blue.

Green also combos very well with red. Naturally black and white are also options.

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05 2014, 15:20

I would've said green, but then again taking advice from a colourblind person isn't a great idea.

Although, as previously stated, black does go with everything. I really like that blue, though. I think black is a good colour to go with.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2014, 13:41

Green is actually directly across from red on the color wheel making it the ideal accent color, though it reminds me too much of Christmas. You could go with a blue-green like turquoise highlighted with an ice blue color?

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2014, 13:46

ESE wrote:
Green is actually directly across from red on the color wheel making it the ideal accent color

cheers Victory!

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2014, 17:59

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Green is actually directly across from red on the color wheel making it the ideal accent color, though it reminds me too much of Christmas.
Depends how you use it.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Freddy_Krueger_Costume_Redux_by_tauakhera

Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26 2014, 13:28

An update, finished reavers with riders, still looking for some kind of marking to do.
PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2016
PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2016
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26 2014, 13:33

WIP Raider

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2021

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2022
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26 2014, 17:24

Very, very nicely done. How about the outline of an agoniser snaking along the sides of the hull and canopies?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27 2014, 13:33

I like the idea of an agonizer snaking across the plates. I'll have to test it out. In other news - Kabal or Cult named is going to be Kabal/Cult of the Nameless, inspired by the topic name. I love how sometimes you can subconsciously inspire yourself at times.
Back to top Go down
BlckRven
Kabalite Warrior
BlckRven

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02 2014, 13:44

If I were you I would increase the contrast on the canopy. The two reds are fairly close to each other. If you do the highlighted lines with some orange in your red to make it brighter, it would bring it more alive. I requires some more work though, as you have to make the line twice (once in red and once in slightly orange) in order to get a gradient.

I believe that the high lighting in combination with you bright blue lights would look superb

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17 2014, 12:37

Completed raider, once I have the additional crew, it will give a nice contrast.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2023
Back to top Go down
Jamesy52
Slave
Jamesy52

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2014, 22:30

Nice choice of blue for the other colour.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 23 2014, 23:26

Ravager WIP

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2026

Converted Archon WIP, I did the archon outside of the normal troop color to make her stand out.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2027
Back to top Go down
BlckRven
Kabalite Warrior
BlckRven

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2014, 17:52

The  Ravager looks pretty good I must say. The contrast really works.

However, the Archon could use quiet alot more of contrast on his armor. It could be just the light, but it looks like it is very slightly highlighted. I would still highly recommend darkening the purple in the 'background'. The one thing I learned with Dark Eldar is to don't be affraid of too much contrast, there is no such thing.

Cool conversion though Wink

Sybarite
Dogmar

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24 2014, 22:56

I really like the colour concept you have chosen. The blue works very nicely with the red and you have done the glow effects quite nicely. The raider and everything is all very clean, so once you got your force finished they will look awesome on the battlefield as a coherent force.

What I'm not too fond of yet is the Archon I'm afraid. I'd concur with everything BlckRven mentioned already. That means, a bit more shading on the armor to get it to either full pink of full purple. Then one more highlight (don't be afraid to mix in a bit of white to make it pop. With DE there is no such thing as too much contrast).
I think she would also greatly benefit from some gold here and there, even if it is just the shoulderpads for example
Lastly I'd drop the green entirely, it is nicely thought out to be another contrast, but as such it contrasts both the blue and the red/purple harshly and I find that a bit too much. I'd say pick one contrast (in you case red-blue, it works like a charm!) and emphasize on that. In terms of contrast (bright-dark) you can almost not go wrong on DE no matter how much you do, but with the colour palette I have found that less is more. Working with a limited palette ties the models together and sets all models in the same mood. It also doesn't distract the eye too much.

Long story short I'd to the agonizer in bright blue instead.

Of course you don't have to, but that is my opinion.

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25 2014, 11:09

Update with a gunner on the reaver.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2028
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04 2014, 13:24

First Kabalite warrior

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2030

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2029
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04 2014, 16:14

I really like the look of the sand armour, but I would think that a splash of red would really help in unifying it with the raiders, ravager, reavers etc

Cracking stuff!

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04 2014, 16:19

I agree with Dragontree, a dash of red would help unify things a bit.
My advice: the brass/gold shoulder pad - make it red instead.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04 2014, 23:06

Well I had the thought of doing the tabards in red, but for some reason went with blue, I guess I was trying to limit the colors on the model, and the sails and flags on the vehicles are in blue. I am planning to add a little more hand drawn decals to the vehicles, in blue or white which might tie things together. What do you think?

Thread moved to project logs - Spellcheck2001
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: 1st Wych   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05 2014, 21:12

1st Wych

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2031
Back to top Go down
thenick18
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16 2014, 11:24

Little bit of an update, a few wyches together, I was not sure what I wanted to do with the blank face mask of the gauntlet wych, any suggestions on an alternate color would be appreciated; Currently its black with blue highlights in the recesses.

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn Img_2032
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn   PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PLOG - Cult/Kabal of the Unborn
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: