THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain. Empty
PostSubject: Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain.   Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2014, 19:06

A question cropped up in a game yesterday and we were unable to decide on a solution, or find something in a Rulebook of FAQ to settle it.

So, imagine the scene. A character has Eternal Warrior. In this case it was Drazhar, Master of Blades.
He has already killed something, so he has a Pain Token, and thus Feel No Pain.

He is hit by Pedro Kantor in the face with a Power Fist.

Now, thanks to being an Eternal Warrior he of course doesn't suffer Instant Death, BUT the question is does he still get his Feel No Pain roll?

I thought yes, as Eternal Warrior ignores the effects the of Instant Death. Some agreed, but other didn't thinking that the Instant Death, though it wouldn;t kill Drazhar, would still prevent the Feel No Pain from working.

Your thoughts, solution, or obvious directions to blatant rulings that we missed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain.   Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2014, 19:43

The only thing you don't get FnP from is an ID attack, either a double out or a weapon that removes from play or has the ID rule. In your case, the Powerfist would be an ID attack because it would double you out. However, Eternal Warrior stops you from being doubled out, but it doesn't erase the fact that the attack is an ID attack, because it is an attack that doubles your Toughness.

So essentially it goes like this:

1. Str. 8 Powerfist attack wounds
2. FnP triggers because you took an unsaved wound. However, it cannot be taken because it is double your Toughness and thus would cause Instant Death.
3. Because it is an ID attack, Eternal Warrior will trigger and say, "No, you do not ID me."
4. Drazhar would then just take 1 Wound.

I know words like trigger and such are more like MTG, but trying to use language everyone could understand.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain.   Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2014, 20:12

The question is raised though, because EW says it makes the character "immune to the effect of Instant Death".
If it's immune, why would it have any effect at all?
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain.   Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07 2014, 20:43

Whether or not you are immune to the effect of Instant Death does not prevent an attack from being an Instant Death attack.

Edit: It's in the FAQ

Quote :
Q: If a model has the
Eternal Warrior
and
Feel No Pain
special rules, can it still m ake Feel No Pain rolls against Wounds
that inflict Instant Death (Eternal Warrior states that the model
is immune to the effects of Instant Death, after all)? (p35)
A: No.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain.   Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eternal Warrior and Feel No Pain.
Page 1 of 1