THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
deep-sea-captain
Hellion
deep-sea-captain

Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures Empty
PostSubject: Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures   Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 02:20

Hey There.

I normally Lurk, but I thought I'd post an introduction before sneaking off into the shadows again.

I started Dark Eldar with there re-release/update in 5th Edition (I've been playing 40k since 3rd and have a host of other armies). I started an ambition Kabal led by an up and coming Archon, fierce and aggressive I took the fight to.. Well not my enemies.. uh, I guess Im their enemy now, so yeah, sure, to my enemies. I was doing pretty well with my Dark Eldar, I've always had a lot of fun with them. I've got mainly a Kabal centric force with a little splattering of other stuff (except coven, haven't gotten around to that yet).

Lately though I haven't been doing to well. The last few realspace raids have ended disastrously (it's been a summer of setbacks), the narrow minded craftworldians becoming more than a thorn in my side. At the rate my Archon is going there will soon be to many broken promises and he might find himself on the wrong side of the wrong people. If he doesn't start producing results his backers might force some serious changes to his Kabal, or what is left of it.

The group I play with and I are starting to play more narrative focused games, stories and motives behind what our armies are doing etc. We're even starting to flesh out a star system to play in and a few key campaign style narrative games to advance the story every now and then. Just starting on this stuff though, only these past few months of summer. My Dark Eldar haven't taken to much of a thrashing yet, but the Kabal is suffering and I'm starting to bring in mercenaries more and more. My standard lists are being out performed by the newer 6th Edition codex's, in particular Eldar and Tau, so to take them on I figured I need to revamp my approach. The Dark Kin won't be my main protagonist force in this setting though, they're so flexible fluff wise we decided to keep em loose so they can be used for a variety of things.

I'm mainly here to learn some tactics and refine my lists. I used to frequent another forum quite regularly and was quite involved but it kind of died out. I'm here now though, a desperate Archon washed up in the Dark City.

I've rambled a bit now though, but I guess I'll see you around.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
PowerFromPain71
Hellion
PowerFromPain71

Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures   Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11 2014, 03:03

Hello. You have been playing DE a lot longer then I have that's for sure. I started this army about 2 and a half years ago. I have found this forum to be a great source for list and tactic ideas. There are also some awesome stuff in the modelling sections too. Hope you find what you are looking for. Good luck and welcome to the Dark City.
Back to top Go down

Desperate Times call for Desperate Measures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Port Of Lost Souls
-
Jump to: